Canberra Raiders lose emerging forward Jack Murchie to New Zealand Warriors before NRL resumes

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra Raiders lose emerging forward Jack Murchie to New Zealand Warriors before NRL resumes

Post by greeneyed »

The Canberra Raiders have lost emerging forward Jack Murchie a week out from the NRL's restart as he hunts greater opportunities with an embattled rival.

Murchie has joined the New Zealand Warriors on a one year deal and trained with the squad on Thursday having broke the news of his departure to Raiders coach Ricky Stuart earlier this week.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Dusty
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: Canberra Raiders lose emerging forward Jack Murchie to New Zealand Warriors before NRL resumes

Post by Dusty »

Good luck to him.

With Jack and L. Bateman both gone that leaves us a couple of spots open? Surely we need a bit of depth

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders lose emerging forward Jack Murchie to New Zealand Warriors before NRL resumes

Post by greeneyed »

:( I didn't want us to lose Murchie, but best of luck to him with the Warriors.

Sid
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Dusty wrote:
May 21, 2020, 12:02 pm
Good luck to him.

With Jack and L. Bateman both gone that leaves us a couple of spots open? Surely we need a bit of depth

Should give Sammy Burgess a call to find out if he's medically retired or if he's... "Medically Retired"
could be handy to have his services for a year if he is good to go.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

expected this, warriors squad has fallen to bits

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jack Murchie departs Canberra Raiders

Canberra Raiders forwards Jack Murchie has departed the club effective immediately, to take up an opportunity with the New Zealand Warriors. Murchie (Raider #352) has joined the Warriors at their Australian base on the Central Coast.

“The Raiders gave me the chance to make my NRL debut and I’m very thankful for that,” Murchie said. “I’ve been with the club now for a few years and I’m looking forward to a new challenge with the Warriors. “I’ve also met some lifelong mates here at the club and thank all of the boys for their support.”

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/05 ... s-raiders/

Bay53
Ruben Wiki

Post by Bay53 »

Bit strange that he has only gone on a one year deal.

It could mean that he becomes the first Warriors player to play for them without having set foot in NZ. (As a Warriors player - I am sure he has been to NZ before)

Old School Green
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Old School Green »

Something must be happening with recruitment.. have let two fringies go (forwards). Knowing Stuart there is no way he lets anyone go let alone two without a little something up his sleeve. Be interesting to know if there are any whispers...
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the green !!

BJ
Jason Croker

Post by BJ »

I’d love a very big explosive Polynesian bench prop. 15 minutes of intensity a game.

I have heard some rumours about a Parramatta fringe forward whose performances have slipped over the last few years. But price was too high.

GMGT
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

Old School Green wrote:
May 21, 2020, 4:06 pm
Something must be happening with recruitment.. have let two fringies go (forwards). Knowing Stuart there is no way he lets anyone go let alone two without a little something up his sleeve. Be interesting to know if there are any whispers...
Rapana 2021

simo
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

JJ Collins gone too! whats happening?
Dont delete this GE

Dusty
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Forward depth outside the top 20 is thin

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh

BadnMean
David Furner
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Good pickup for the Warriors considering their circumstances, to grab a decent young player on the up. I think he's a good shot to make it as an NRL player.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jack Murchie says he leant on Canberra Raiders teammates in making his decision to move to the Warriors

Jack Murchie asked his Canberra Raiders teammates for advice before a tearful farewell led to him joining the New Zealand Warriors this week.

"The whole process started earlier in the week and happened very quickly," said Murchie. "I chatted with a couple of Raiders guys, such as Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Siliva Havili and Andrew McFadden, who had been involved with the Warriors club before, and they all spoke very highly of the club.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239