Moderator: GH Moderators

KasparRaider
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

George Williams made outstanding impact in NRL, says Cooper Cronk

Post by KasparRaider »

I agree with old Cronky....

George Williams made outstanding impact in NRL, says Cooper Cronk

George Williams played two matches for Canberra before the campaign was halted due to the coronavirus pandemic. Yet former Kangaroos star Cooper Cronk saw enough to be impressed by the 25-year-old.

"I thought George Williams was outstanding in the first two rounds. I had question marks how he'd adapt. He'd played for England, and he was a real X-factor type player, real instinct. He has a really good short kicking game and a beautiful running game that could get him out of trouble.

Read more: https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... nk-2856179

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: George Williams made outstanding impact in NRL, says Cooper Cronk

Post by greeneyed »

That was a very good segment on Fox League Live, with Cronk and Alexander analysing the various halves in the competition. Ennis and Alexander having a similarly good conversation about it just now. Shame they didn't do a whole lot more of that on Fox League Live over the break.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Botman »

I was super impressed with his first few games... i think he showed A LOT and whats most encouraging to me, is i think he's got a lot more in him and as he gets more comfortable with the speed and style of NRL footy he'll be even better, his timing for example on those cut out balls to the wingers... he's just slightly off on them, with time that'll come. Very encouraged by his play

Unfortunately due to COVID19 he's probably back to square one on getting acclimatised to NRL footy, and we've bit of a trial by fire out of the blocks based on the draw so far, but im confident if they can get the comp back up and running, 13 games is going to be enough for him to really be finding his feet by finals time
CREATE PROCEDURE BotMan_Post AS
SELECT * FROM Previous_Post
EXEC quote_post
WHERE UserName = 'Aknalkfgnaa' OR 'Yeah Raiders' OR 'Billy B'
EXEC RAND(good_grief; cheak_notes; uh82cit;)

GO;

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:I was super impressed with his first few games... i think he showed A LOT and whats most encouraging to me, is i think he's got a lot more in him and as he gets more comfortable with the speed and style of NRL footy he'll be even better, his timing for example on those cut out balls to the wingers... he's just slightly off on them, with time that'll come. Very encouraged by his play

Unfortunately due to COVID19 he's probably back to square one on getting acclimatised to NRL footy, and we've bit of a trial by fire out of the blocks based on the draw so far, but im confident if they can get the comp back up and running, 13 games is going to be enough for him to really be finding his feet by finals time
absolutely, devastated we won't see his step on show at home through winter

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Wow. No NRL has been a bit of a catharsis for me. No stress, no worries, no anticipation for the next weeks game.
I forgot who George Williams is for a moment there.

Cant wait for it to start again though.

afgtnk
Gary Belcher

Post by afgtnk »

Funny that Cronk is making mention of him - I'm reminded of Cronk a lot when I see George take the line on. Very quick off the mark and robust, short and sharp strides.

Fuifui Bradbrad
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Botman wrote:
May 19, 2020, 8:02 pm
I was super impressed with his first few games... i think he showed A LOT and whats most encouraging to me, is i think he's got a lot more in him and as he gets more comfortable with the speed and style of NRL footy he'll be even better, his timing for example on those cut out balls to the wingers... he's just slightly off on them, with time that'll come. Very encouraged by his play

I was thinking this. I might be stereotyping him, but do you think the fact the Season will kick off proper as we head into winter be in his favour? They always talk about how hard it is for the English players to get up to speed quickly and adapt to the heat, so Im thinking maybe having 90% of the games during the coldest times of the year might work in his favour
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.