Purity score: One reason the Canberra Raiders have developed some winning ways

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why do the St George Illawarra Dragons consistently underperform, despite the array of big name recruits such as Corey Norman, Ben Hunt and James Graham in their line-up? Simple. No team purity.

Comparing the total number of club appearances to total NRL appearances, gives an indication of the purity of a team’s roster. The higher a roster’s purity, the longer that squad has played together, forming those connections and combinations so crucial to building a team. Not a list, but a team.

2. Canberra Raiders
Total Club Appearances: 1509 | Total NRL Appearances: 1830 | Team Purity Score: 82.5%

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ea9a283010

hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Purity score: One reason the Canberra Raiders have developed some winning ways

Post by hrundi89 »

"list"...

:roll:
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Purity score: One reason the Canberra Raiders have developed some winning ways

Post by Seiffert82 »

Interesting theory, seems supported to an extent by the numbers.

It is absolutely appalling that the Warriors and Knights are the bottom two teams on that list...and yet it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

You'd think the Gold Coast and inner Sydney teams would have quite low scores as players move around so readily.

BJ
Jason Croker

Post by BJ »

This isn’t new stuff. The team Purity score was first mooted in the Bundesliga in 1939.

I’ll see myself out......

Fuifui Bradbrad
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Im not surprised with Newcastle. Brown basically burnt it all down, salted the ashes and started fresh. So it makes sense they would be down there in terms of games played together.

It really rams home the fact that in order to be successful, you need to invest in a core group of youngsters, and try to bring them up through the ranks together.
BJ wrote:
May 5, 2020, 3:42 pm
This isn’t new stuff. The team Purity score was first mooted in the Bundesliga in 1939.

I think West Coast Eagles have had some sort of purity score as well since the mid 90's
...hold the door Beej
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

How does this explain the Broncos?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

edwahu
Laurie Daley

Post by edwahu »

Reading the title I thought this was going to be something else entirely....

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
May 5, 2020, 3:45 pm
Im not surprised with Newcastle. Brown basically burnt it all down, salted the ashes and started fresh. So it makes sense they would be down there in terms of games played together.

It really rams home the fact that in order to be successful, you need to invest in a core group of youngsters, and try to bring them up through the ranks together.
BJ wrote:

I think West Coast Eagles have had some sort of purity score as well since the mid 90's
...hold the door Beej
I'm not surprised about the current Knights squad, just that, of all the places, the team from Newcastle is full of ring-ins. It'd be like having Penrith full of imports. No wonder they are struggling. No identity.

The Warriors situation is a disgrace.

Fuifui Bradbrad
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
May 5, 2020, 3:45 pm

BJ wrote:

...hold the door Beej
I'm not surprised about the current Knights squad, just that, of all the places, the team from Newcastle is full of ring-ins. It'd be like having Penrith full of imports. No wonder they are struggling. No identity.

The Warriors situation is a disgrace.
Warriors are shocking. I’ve never understood why they are consistently poor, given the potential playing pool of NZ at their disposal.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

afgtnk
Gary Belcher

Post by afgtnk »

Boy, this virus has made it real **** tough on journos if they're having to roll out this kinda crap to fill space

simo
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

afgtnk wrote:
May 5, 2020, 8:35 pm
Boy, this virus has made it real **** tough on journos if they're having to roll out this kinda crap to fill space
it really has. fighting over scraps at the moment as you can probably understand. its basically showing us who is willing to go the lowest at a time of need
Dont delete this GE

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I've been watching a lot of our games from last year.

And what stands out for me was that epic win at Shark Park 15-14.

Sezer kicked 3 field goals..that was super exciting that day..

It was that day that made me think..yep..we are shaking this comp !!!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: