NRL freezes new contracts, with deals still to be done for Cotric and Soliola

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

NRL freezes new contracts, with deals still to be done for Cotric and Soliola

Post by greeneyed »

Business as usual as Canberra Raiders look to lock down Nick Cotric

It might be anything but business as usual in the NRL due to the coronavirus, but the Canberra Raiders will treat it as exactly that when it comes to contract negotiations with Nick Cotric and their other players.

"Contract negotiations with Nick are definitely still on and we're getting through that," Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Business as usual as Canberra Raiders look to lock down Nick Cotric

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good stuff!

Bay53
Ruben Wiki

Post by Bay53 »

I think we need to be a bit careful with our headlines. “Lock down” means something completely different at the moment.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The NRL has shut down contract talks: Which stars may be in new colours when league returns?

Canberra Raiders

Powerhouse winger Nick Cotric is expected to re-sign with the Raiders at the end of the year and it is hard to imagine him being anywhere else. Just over a week ago Chief executive Dave Furner said the uncertainty surrounding the club and league won’t stand in their way as they continue negotiations. “I did speak to [Cotric] during the week, but I haven’t caught up with his agent. I’ll get onto that,” Furner told The Canberra Times. Furner said the same would be done for workhorse Sia Soliola who has built a reputation as one of the game’s genuine nice guys since moving to the nation’s capital. The anticipated re-signing of Cotric, along with Jarrod Croker, would mean another year in reserve grade for the ever-reliable Michael Oldfield who is also off-contract at the end of the year.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/the-nr ... ea3c2e1155