Coronavirus

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Northern Raider »

I've seen a few pics of the protest to confirm that it did actually happen. (or could have been stock images as the flags and banners were quite generic). It mostly looked like small groups. Larger shots needed stategic framing and angles to make the numbers look greater. The lower angle, tight crop thing. Like they do at Canberra Stadium for crowd shots where they zoom into the section of season ticket holders.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

What are your thoughts on making three jabs the meaning of fully vaccinated?

Dan 'The Man' Andrews is pushing hard for it.
That is the sort of leadership this country needs.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Botman wrote:In other news
https://twitter.com/LizardHumanoid is doing gods work coverage the camp of clowns
Ty for this. I'm addicted. Honestly wanna grab a mate and head down this weekend and film and interview. This rich lore must be documented

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

EJ wrote: February 10, 2022, 8:10 am
https://twitter.com/LizardHumanoid is doing gods work coverage the camp of clowns
Ty for this. I'm addicted. Honestly wanna grab a mate and head down this weekend and film and interview. This rich lore must be documented

If i didnt have family and job commitments, id be on site daily filming the carnage :lol:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Botman wrote: February 10, 2022, 8:17 am

If i didnt have family and job commitments, id be on site daily filming the carnage :lol:
May need to reassess your priorities. Just send the boss an email and leave a note for the family with your apologies.
Last edited by Northern Raider on February 10, 2022, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Botman wrote: February 10, 2022, 8:17 am

You know they would count you in their attendance number right?

Just like their socials…. ‘10,000 views’ on a post is 9,500 people laughing their asses off.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I saw briefly on the news that they were complaining about getting speeding tickets on Northbourne ave - one person receiving 16 tickets. Apparently asking about how they can appeal the fines. I believe the best way to protest - for this group at least - is to just be a general pain in the **** about town. Drive around town sitting on your horn, driving across Commonwealth ave at 10 km/ph - blocking all lanes. It's only a matter of time before they annoy the wrong person and this could get ugly.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Odd part about these protests is they are targeting Federal government. The large majority of mandates they have grievance with are imposed by the respective State governments.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: February 10, 2022, 3:26 pm Odd part about these protests is they are targeting Federal government. The large majority of mandates they have grievance with are imposed by the respective State governments.
Also they’re protesting in a town with 98% vaccinations rates :lol:

Really doesn’t seem like they’ve put a lot of thought in this
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Even more ironically, the ACT has the most limited vaccine mandates in the country, as the ACT says it’s not necessary here… and the government doesn’t support it because of human rights concerns.

Authorities are not expected to move anti-vaccination and sovereign citizen protesters from EPIC this week, setting up a congested weekend with Lifeline's annual bookfair. The situation is set to change next week, though, as the campgrounds will need to be cleared from next week to allow Canberra Show preparations to begin: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

What is this human lizard thing I keep seeing in Markos posts?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Prince Charles is triple jabbed and has caught covid for the second time.
HAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-02-11/ ... /100821772
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

...and?
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

I guess it just means it's working.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

How can you even believe that report that he has it from MSM? ;)

This is probably just another scare campaign to get people to jab. If they can convince people their monarch in waiting who's been jabbed 3 times can still actually get the disease (because that's how the **** science works :lol: ) then maybe they'll scare more people into getting it!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

A work colleague was involved in the protests in Canberra on the weekend. We had a team meeting today and he was telling everybody that 70,000 people were at the protests and there will be 500,000 next week. :lol:
Jason Croker

Post by 1992 »

Three jabs to be considered fully vaccinated.
You people booked yours?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Didn't book. I was a walk in.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I think the silent protest about getting the 3rd and 4th and 5th is quite clear, I just cancelled mine.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Im happy with the pfizer pfizer got it then natural immunity combo breaker. Im happy to get it from now on and rely on my natural immunity.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It a breeze and i can cop 750 a week from Scotty for the lay in.

This place is woke.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

Northern Raider wrote:A work colleague was involved in the protests in Canberra on the weekend. We had a team meeting today and he was telling everybody that 70,000 people were at the protests and there will be 500,000 next week. Image
They went past my workplace in Canberra city centre.. they were short of 70000 by about 69900 so pretty damn close Image

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

irvste wrote: February 11, 2022, 3:42 pm
Northern Raider wrote:A work colleague was involved in the protests in Canberra on the weekend. We had a team meeting today and he was telling everybody that 70,000 people were at the protests and there will be 500,000 next week. Image
They went past my workplace in Canberra city centre.. they were short of 70000 by about 69900 so pretty damn close Image
Its taking their delusion to a new level.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Northern Raider wrote: February 11, 2022, 2:32 pm A work colleague was involved in the protests in Canberra on the weekend. We had a team meeting today and he was telling everybody that 70,000 people were at the protests and there will be 500,000 next week. :lol:
Just remind him that’s more than the entire population of the ACT, so there might be some infastructure issues.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:A work colleague was involved in the protests in Canberra on the weekend. We had a team meeting today and he was telling everybody that 70,000 people were at the protests and there will be 500,000 next week. :lol:
Not sure we should be surprised that the illiterate are also innumerate.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: February 11, 2022, 6:33 pm
Northern Raider wrote:A work colleague was involved in the protests in Canberra on the weekend. We had a team meeting today and he was telling everybody that 70,000 people were at the protests and there will be 500,000 next week. :lol:
Weird part is he's quite a smart guy normally. Brain takes a leave of absence on this topic.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just an observation, I drove Byron to Noosa yesterday, and I reckon I passed 20-30 cars festooned with Australian flags and scrawled with slogans like 'Canbera or bust' (their spelling, not mine) barrelling down the highway, heading south.

Keep them, please.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

T_R wrote: February 12, 2022, 5:24 am Just an observation, I drove Byron to Noosa yesterday, and I reckon I passed 20-30 cars festooned with Australian flags and scrawled with slogans like 'Canbera or bust' (their spelling, not mine) barrelling down the highway, heading south.

Keep them, please.

I heard it was 200-300 TR.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

T_R wrote: February 12, 2022, 5:24 am Just an observation, I drove Byron to Noosa yesterday, and I reckon I passed 20-30 cars festooned with Australian flags and scrawled with slogans like 'Canbera or bust' (their spelling, not mine) barrelling down the highway, heading south.

Keep them, please.

Leaving their respective states to protest mandates imposed by their states.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Northern Raider wrote:

Keep them, please.

Leaving their respective states to protest mandates imposed by their states.
I'm still trying to work out what Canbera or bust actually means. What happens if they bust? Are they driving their 1982 Datsun which is on its last legs - and they are considering the possibility that it may break down and they'd have to walk home?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:
Weird part is he's quite a smart guy normally. Brain takes a leave of absence on this topic.
Is that “quite a smart guy normally” in the sense that he was able to function?

I find it hard to understand legitimately intelligent people ending up in this pack…
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gangrenous wrote: February 12, 2022, 7:31 am
Northern Raider wrote:
Is that “quite a smart guy normally” in the sense that he was able to function?

I find it hard to understand legitimately intelligent people ending up in this pack…
Very smart in their own field. Differentiator between intelligence and wisdom I guess.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra protests: Lifeline bookfair closed as situation at EPIC deteriorates

Lifeline Canberra chief executive Carrie Lesson confirmed early on Saturday afternoon the Lifeline Bookfair had been cancelled and volunteers had begun packing up at Exhibition Park. After raising $250,000 on Friday, the organisation was primed for a bumper weekend and confident of reaching its $1 million goal, which is vital funding for the crisis support line.

Instead, abuse directed at visitors and volunteers on Friday by protesters and the destruction of fences overnight, forced the event to be cancelled. The security fencing around the bookfair was pushed over, Ms Leeson said, and campers moved into the site.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14329

What an absolute disgrace.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

They must be so proud of their achievements. Pack of grubs.
Last edited by Northern Raider on February 12, 2022, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.