Wests Tigers 2020

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 131952
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Wests Tigers 2020

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com's predicted Wests Tigers Round 1 team

1. Corey Thompson
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Paul Momirovski
4. Moses Mbye
5. Robert Jennings
6. Benji Marshall
7. Luke Brooks
8. Alex Twal
9. Josh Reynolds
10. Thomas Mikaele
11. Michael Chee-Kam
12. Luke Garner
13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Josh Aloiai
15. Chris Lawrence
16. Elijah Taylor
17. Luciano Leilua

Others: Oliver Clark, Jacob Liddle, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Russell Packer, Alex Seyfarth, Dylan Smith, Tommy Talau, Billy Walters

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/28/wes ... cted-team/
Image

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19374
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by -PJ- »

Junk..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23261
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Seiffert82 »

Why isn't this club in the position to offer Mitchell $1.8 million per season? Who is chewing up their cap space? Their best player is 73 years old. :lol:

gergreg
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8337
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by gergreg »

I thought they were paying Reynolds and Mbye about a million each. That's why they're garbage.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23261
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Seiffert82 »

gergreg wrote:
December 30, 2019, 9:06 am
I thought they were paying Reynolds and Mbye about a million each. That's why they're garbage.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Mbye was reportedly on $500k with the Dogs before he signed with the Tigers. Considering the Dogs essentially let him walk, if the Tigers are paying him anywhere near $1 million a season, somebody needs to be shot. He could be on close to $600k, but who knows.

Reynolds is reportedly on $750k per season. Stupid deal considering how banged up he was when he left the Dogs.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25703
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Northern Raider »

Seiffert82 wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:41 am
gergreg wrote:
December 30, 2019, 9:06 am
I thought they were paying Reynolds and Mbye about a million each. That's why they're garbage.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Mbye was reportedly on $500k with the Dogs before he signed with the Tigers. Considering the Dogs essentially let him walk, if the Tigers are paying him anywhere near $1 million a season, somebody needs to be shot. He could be on close to $600k, but who knows.

Reynolds is reportedly on $750k per season. Stupid deal considering how banged up he was when he left the Dogs.
Zero Tackle has him at $950k till end of 2022. They get the data from media reports I believe.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23261
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Seiffert82 »

Northern Raider wrote:
December 30, 2019, 2:08 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
December 30, 2019, 11:41 am
gergreg wrote:
December 30, 2019, 9:06 am
I thought they were paying Reynolds and Mbye about a million each. That's why they're garbage.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Mbye was reportedly on $500k with the Dogs before he signed with the Tigers. Considering the Dogs essentially let him walk, if the Tigers are paying him anywhere near $1 million a season, somebody needs to be shot. He could be on close to $600k, but who knows.

Reynolds is reportedly on $750k per season. Stupid deal considering how banged up he was when he left the Dogs.
Zero Tackle has him at $950k till end of 2022. They get the data from media reports I believe.
:shock: Mbye on $950 K per season.

That's **** disgraceful.

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23261
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Seiffert82 »

No wonder that team sucks.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25703
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Northern Raider »

Makes Jack look like a bargain.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23261
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Seiffert82 »

Indeed.

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4981
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Dusty »

To me, this line up/squad is quite week. I can’t see them finishing much higher than 12th


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh

User avatar
zim
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8063
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by zim »

They'll finish 9th, as is tradition.

User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6534
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Makaveli »

That's a real putrid team on paper, probably the worst in the competition. Doesn't mean they are the worst team, however. They always seem to be somewhat competitive and jag wins against decent teams.

Mid table, missing the 8

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3547
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by RTW »

I didn’t have much on this morning and as they were in town I thought I would pop out and watch the tigers session.

Granted it is early in the preseason but they looked very rusty, and the tempo for the cardio drills was pretty slow.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3547
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by RTW »

Mbye and Reynolds have both been training at hooker for anyone interested.

User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6534
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Makaveli »

Any advice whether Reynolds will be suspended under the no fault policy?

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3547
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by RTW »

No idea, I didn’t talk to anyone just watched the session. Mbye spent more time at 9 in what appeared their best team when doing opposed.

Read into that what you will.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
zim
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8063
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by zim »

Who were the centres?

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3547
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Wests Tigers 2020

Post by RTW »

zim wrote:Who were the centres?
Momorovski on the right with Tommy Talau outside him.

I couldn’t recognise the left centre I did see they have signed a young QLD kid from Wynnum - Reece Hoffman. It may have been him. I think Robert Jennings was on the wing with Nofoaluma doing boxing due to a leg injury (I assume)
Thompson was fullback


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
zim
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8063
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by zim »

Cheers.

gergreg
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8337
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by gergreg »

Mybe looked significantly better in the centres than he did st fullback. I thought his service out of dummy half was a bit slow but he showed glimpses with his running game.

Will be interesting to see how Thompson goes with the new 'contesting the ball/bomb' interpretation.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16098
Joined: June 21, 2008, 3:04 pm
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton
Location: Sydney

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by yeh raiders »

Looks like the Tigers may have found a way out of Josh Reynolds....

User avatar
Makaveli
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6534
Joined: January 16, 2005, 9:49 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by Makaveli »

That video reeks of a set up

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 131952
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by greeneyed »

Benji Marshall, Moses Mybe named Wests Tigers co-captains

Wests Tigers veteran Benji Marshall will share the captaincy duties with Moses Mbye in 2020. Mbye was the club's captain last year.

"Being named captain of this club alongside Moses is an incredible honour and one of the proudest moments of my career," Marshall said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/02/06/mar ... -captains/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 131952
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers star Josh Reynolds cleared to play by NRL

Wests Tigers star Josh Reynolds has been cleared to play by the NRL after explosive new details surrounding his domestic violence case were revealed on Thursday.

In a bizarre twist to claims laid against Reynolds, the Wests Tigers star will allege he is one of six men to have been caught up in a web of deceit by a woman known by the name of Arabella del Busso.

Read more and video: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/josh-reyno ... 82e30eb24e
Image

User avatar
BJ
Jason Croker
Posts: 4565
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Wests Tigers 2020

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:Wests Tigers star Josh Reynolds cleared to play by NRL

Wests Tigers star Josh Reynolds has been cleared to play by the NRL after explosive new details surrounding his domestic violence case were revealed on Thursday.

In a bizarre twist to claims laid against Reynolds, the Wests Tigers star will allege he is one of six men to have been caught up in a web of deceit by a woman known by the name of Arabella del Busso.

Read more and video: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/josh-reyno ... 82e30eb24e
“Wests Tigers star is one of ‘six’ caught up in a web of deceit”.

Surprise surprise that the NRL chose to ignore the six again problem and let the issue slide.

Post Reply