The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The 2019 Greenhouse Forum Awards Ceremony

Post by greeneyed »

I'm blushing a bit prior to this next award, as I'm one of the nominees. I'd like to say right up front that I'm honoured to be in the company of the other posters in this category. They really have a lot of footy nous and they often have insights that make me say... "I hadn’t thought of that!"... "Or I didn't think about that issue like that." Thanks to all the "football brains" on The Greenhouse!

Best football brain

The nominees are...

Botman
Seiffert82
Matt
greeneyed

And the award goes to...

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And thanks to all the voters for that one!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Some posters are unforgettable, even though they don't post much these days - or not at all. These are all posters that everyone would no doubt like to see posting more!

Missing in Action

The nominees are...

Schifty
Albi
T_R

And the award goes to the poster who is famous for presenting an award to Alan Tongue... the 2007 Fans' Choice Player of the Year Award! That was going to be accompanied by the classic photo... until Photobucket crashed all day!

Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 7:50 pm Some posters are unforgettable, even though they don't post much these days - or not at all. These are all posters that everyone would no doubt like to see posting more!

Missing in Action

The nominees are...

Schifty
Albi
T_R

And the award goes to the poster who is famous for presenting an award to Alan Tongue... the 2007 Fans' Choice Player of the Year Award! That was going to be accompanied by the classic photo... until Photobucket crashed all day!

I’m waiting for the acceptance speech...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And now we come to the final award of the evening. The Greenhouse Poster of the Year. Again, I'm a little embarrassed as I'm one of the nominees. All of the nominees help make The Greenhouse what it is today... sometimes crazy and always full of great footy debate. Thanks to every one of you who post on The Greenhouse, no matter where.

The nominees are...

Coastalraider
greeneyed
Matt
The Nickman

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

It’s rare air indeed....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Greenhouse Poster of the Year

The nominees are...

Coastalraider
greeneyed
Matt
The Nickman

And the award goes to...

Let the after parties begin!

Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

GE for the win!!! Congrats mate, and in all seriousness, thanks for everything you do in keeping this ragtag band of misfits on course for another year :clap:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Congrats GE it takes a big man to award himself a GH Oscar. Although in fairness this award should be renamed to the most overrated underrated consistently consitent poster of the year for clarity's sake.
Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on December 19, 2019, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: December 19, 2019, 8:02 pm GE for the win!!! Congrats mate, and in all seriousness, thanks for everything you do in keeping this ragtag band of misfits on course for another year :clap:
Thanks Coastal... and a pleasure to meet you for the first time this year. Some great nominees... and thanks to all the voters! The Greenhouse is a great site, I believe it is the best NRL club site by a large margin... and it is thanks to everyone who contributes in producing so much original content, who share the news, and who contribute their views!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: December 19, 2019, 8:05 pm Congrats GE it takes a big man to award himself a GH Oscar. Although in fairness this award should be renamed to the most overrated underrated consistently consitent poster of the year for clarity's sake.
No one else wanted to do it.... :cry: :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

That's all we have for tonight! Thanks for following and thanks for contributing to The Greenhouse in 2019! May we still be celebrating a Grand Final victory when we stage our next Daley Ms!

For those who missed the ceremony, here is the full list of winners:

Best Thread of the Year: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Game Day, Off topic, Through green eyes, Matt's Match-ups

Worst Thread of the Year: Jarrod Croker, 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day, Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Josh Dugan

Facebook Poster of the Year: Simon Tayoun

Twitter Poster of the Year: @fishy_wanda

Instagram Poster of the Year: @p_glo

Meritorious Service: nacho, zim

Newbie of the Year: Ronny P, LimeGreenMachine, Goldcoast Raider

Underrated poster: Coastalraider, gergreg, Seiffert82

Funniest Poster: -PJ-, reptar, Fuifui Bradbrad, Sid

Forum Villain of the Year: Billy Walker, afgtnk, Botman, The Nickman

Forum Rivalry of the Year: The Nickman and Billy Walker, afgtnk and Aidan Sezer, The Crique and yeh raiders

Obsession of the Year: The Crique and Ricky Stuart, "Croker to the wing" squad, afgtnk and Aidan Sezer

Quality over quantity: Woodgers, Cranky Old Man, RedRaider

Best football brain: Botman, Seiffert82, Matt, greeneyed

The Missing in Action Award: Schifty, Albi, T_R

Poster of the Year: Coastalraider, greeneyed, Matt, The Nickman

Hall of Fame 2019 Inductees: Matt
edwahu

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 6:35 pm The Greenhouse Hall of Fame

To kick off our awards ceremony with a bang... and this is a very big moment in our award ceremony...

The Greenhouse Hall of Fame currently includes the two founders of the site, Nick, now known as Botman and Ed, now known as Roger Kenworthy. It also includes me and the last inductee in 2015, T_R. It is the role of the founders to decide who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame, and tonight they have decided to induct two new members.

One is a poster who joined the site within the first week of its establishment. A poster who has been consistently contributing in the well reasoned and well balanced way that has been their hallmark for 15 years. Another is a poster who joined more recently, but has worked hard for the site, writing "Matt's Match-ups" every week and co-hosting The Greenhouse Live.

Congratulations to our 2019 inductees to the Hall of Fame! edwahu and Matt!

Special big up to edwahu. Must be almost 20 years since the season82 days on rleague.com, and I'm pretty sure he was around then. Been great reading his thoughts on the Raiders and RL over the years.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 6:55 pm Meritorious Service

The Administrators would also like to give special recognition to two posters who jumped in and generously gave us their time and information technology expertise this year to ensure that The Greenhouse is technically ship shape. The 2019 Meritorious Service Awards go to nacho and zim!

Thanks for your contributions to The Greenhouse!
Aww shucks. Was not expecting this. Thanks. Nacho deserves it much more than I do.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: December 19, 2019, 8:00 pm The Greenhouse Poster of the Year

The nominees are...

Coastalraider
greeneyed
Matt
The Nickman

And the award goes to...

Let the after parties begin!

Well deserved! Congrats.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Congratulations greeneyed!

How can you beat a guy who puts so much time into making this place great, and on top of it is clearly such a wise and kind person?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Thanks for those comments guys! Just love working to promote the Raiders and the site!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Congrats to Matt and edwahu.

And a massive thanks to GE, what a fantastic site..cheers and congrats to you.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

-PJ- wrote: December 20, 2019, 5:17 am Congrats to Matt and edwahu.

And a massive thanks to GE, what a fantastic site..cheers and congrats to you.
Cheers PJ.
Congrats, and well done GE
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I noticed Matts piece of the pie for poster of the year ain't that big...

Did you vote for yourself Matt ?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha Ferg winning the Golden Fergies was never in doubt, he’s won it every year since I arrived I think? Well done, big guy.

I got the award I was after the most, can’t wait to add it to my sig!

Gee, I was a lot higher in the Forum Villain stake I must say, polling more than Botman or afgfjfkfkthgjrk. That’s rough. I’ve gone from funniest poster to forum villain a lot faster than I’d care to admit.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

-PJ- wrote: December 20, 2019, 6:32 am I noticed Matts piece of the pie for poster of the year ain't that big...

Did you vote for yourself Matt ?
I abstain when Im nominated.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

The Nickman wrote: December 20, 2019, 6:34 am Haha Ferg winning the Golden Fergies was never in doubt, he’s won it every year since I arrived I think? Well done, big guy.

Gee, I was a lot higher in the Forum Villain stake I must say, polling more than Botman or afgfjfkfkthgjrk. That’s rough. I’ve gone from funniest poster to forum villain a lot faster than I’d care to admit.
You were funny?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

afgtnk wrote: December 20, 2019, 8:55 am
The Nickman wrote: December 20, 2019, 6:34 am Haha Ferg winning the Golden Fergies was never in doubt, he’s won it every year since I arrived I think? Well done, big guy.

You were funny?
Allegedly... how did you come third as villain of the year this season? You used to have a LOCK on that award??

Better up your game in 2020.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Also, I love Fergus to death, but how on earth did he get "Best Football Brain"? He is so one-sided in his support at either club OR Origin level that is completely clouds his judgment of the entire game!

This is just a damned popularity contest with you kids!
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I'd say this constant attacking of our forum heroes is why you polled so high for Forum Villain.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

zim wrote: December 20, 2019, 9:18 am I'd say this constant attacking of our forum heroes is why you polled so high for Forum Villain.
Makes a lot of sense, zim.

On another note, I'm quite surprised you didn't make the list this year, particularly after the way you ran Rickmando out of town.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I tried my best at everything and polled in nothing. The lesson is, never try.

I was surprised ricko didn't pop in to accept the worst thread of the year award.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I absolutely refuse to come second to Schifty in ANYTHING. This is a scandal.

What is not so controversial however is GE's win in the two big gongs. I am very glad that you receive even just a little bit of acknowledgement for all you do the site, old chap.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Well done guys, and congrats to the General on the double.
On a serious note, I have to say, I was surprised and a bit chuffed with not only being nominated but how many votes I got for funniest poster this year.

2019 has been a bit of a **** year in my world, and headspace has been all over the shop, which looking back on posts this year has shown. So its good to see in spite of that, people have still made the call out, which has really hit me in the feels.

2020 I will strive to take this crown, because its the only one I have half a chance at winning. Football brain is a complete write off for me... maybe I can take a year off and go for MIA...
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

On yah GE ! Great stuff :clap:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

yeh raiders wrote: December 20, 2019, 11:45 am On yah GE ! Great stuff :clap:
Surprised you didn't poll higher in the "Football Brain"... hahaha, no sorry, I can't finish that post.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: December 20, 2019, 11:33 am Well done guys, and congrats to the General on the double.
On a serious note, I have to say, I was surprised and a bit chuffed with not only being nominated but how many votes I got for funniest poster this year.

2019 has been a bit of a **** year in my world, and headspace has been all over the shop, which looking back on posts this year has shown. So its good to see in spite of that, people have still made the call out, which has really hit me in the feels.

2020 I will strive to take this crown, because its the only one I have half a chance at winning. Football brain is a complete write off for me... maybe I can take a year off and go for MIA...
I'll never win a "best brain" or "quality over quantity" award either Fui. Whilst I love my club and every bloke that throws on our jersey I'm not in the footy threads crunching the numbers and assessing our game plans or players individual performances to a scale anywhere near our deep thinkers on here.

I'll get in the pre game talk, give opinion and move on. I watch every game without fail and after we win or loss I'll be in the post game talk either annoyed or full of pride..I love winning and hate losing.

I..like most of us on here have footy smarts, we know what's going on !!

But I'm pretty much layed back and enjoy a laugh. Your good self and rep have given me plenty of giggles ever since I've been on here and that's what I find enjoyable..

Have a great Xmas Fui and #bleedgreen
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’m making a slight play for Footy brain Peej. I have the spreadsheet and abacus out, looking at those Raiders stats.

On initial inspection, it looks like we have a higher winning % when we have a Gary in our side. I think I’m going to pitch this to Don and begin my Garyball recruitment strategy
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'd love nothing more than to have a Gary in our starting 17.

NICE ONE GARY !!