Has the Question been answered?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13747
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Has the Question been answered?

Post by Question » September 28, 2019, 5:09 pm

Has it ??? Yay or Nay, its been a long time for us rusted ons, I sit back and laugh at all these newcombers.. their matchups and game analytics, i dont harp on it anymore , it becomes tiresome and boring, Now we are one step away from it, can we do it? Will the Question be answered and I can go back to being Matt, all I want is a yay or nay..

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30750
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: Has the Question been answered???

Post by dubby » September 28, 2019, 5:18 pm

Gee I don't know.

I think we're capable.

We're up against formidable opposition though.

We'll need to be a lot better than we have been to win though.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 127343
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by greeneyed » September 28, 2019, 5:21 pm

Nay.
Image

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13747
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Question » September 28, 2019, 5:25 pm

Well that puts things into perspective from a rusted on, lose one to win one?

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 127343
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by greeneyed » September 28, 2019, 6:28 pm

Oh... you're asking if the Raiders win the Grand Final?! I need to know who we're playing first. And how tonight's game goes.
Image

User avatar
Azza
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6654
Joined: February 16, 2005, 10:12 am

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Azza » September 28, 2019, 8:10 pm

Raiders by 4

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 127343
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by greeneyed » September 28, 2019, 10:37 pm

greeneyed wrote:
September 28, 2019, 6:28 pm
Oh... you're asking if the Raiders win the Grand Final?! I need to know who we're playing first. And how tonight's game goes.
My answer is now yay.
Image

User avatar
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1721
Joined: August 21, 2006, 6:27 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by raidersmalt » September 29, 2019, 7:20 am

I can't imagine us winning the grand final..... The roosters are just too damn good.

I'm just going to enjoy the week, soak it up, and see what happens.... Stranger things have happened but I don't have real hopes.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44107
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by The Rickman » September 29, 2019, 8:23 am

I think we’ll win.

I genuinely do.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5841
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » September 29, 2019, 9:14 am

My question is, will we become regulars in the 8, or will we follow on from 2016 and go missing?

I’m confident we’re now a side who will be serious contenders for a few seasons.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5841
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » September 29, 2019, 9:17 am

Also, I remember a few games back, Sticky was interviewed by Ben Ikin. Ikin called out in the game that he noticed Stick was in the box, instead of on the sidelines, and why the change.
Stick said he didn’t want to give anything away, but he was trialling new defensive techniques, and he needed to be up above it to watch it.
Are there any tactical gurus out there that has seen anything different, or picked up what they were trialling?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10066
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by gangrenous » September 29, 2019, 9:30 am

I thought he said that they were trying some new attacking shapes?

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5841
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » September 29, 2019, 9:34 am

gangrenous wrote:I thought he said that they were trying some new attacking shapes?
Could have been that too. Be keen to see if it’s anything anyone has picked up
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

User avatar
-LG-
Steve Walters
Posts: 7106
Joined: February 15, 2006, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske
Location: Seer Green, UK

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by -LG- » September 29, 2019, 10:03 am

Yes.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18045
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by -PJ- » September 29, 2019, 10:30 am

Azza wrote:
September 28, 2019, 8:10 pm
Raiders by 4
No worries.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Azza
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6654
Joined: February 16, 2005, 10:12 am

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Azza » September 29, 2019, 10:37 am

gangrenous wrote:
September 29, 2019, 9:30 am
I thought he said that they were trying some new attacking shapes?
Always preferred BBQ myself.

Thomas Raider
Peter Jackson
Posts: 217
Joined: May 16, 2013, 5:37 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: The Gong

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Thomas Raider » September 29, 2019, 10:41 am

If Azza says yes,i do too :D

Thomas Raider
Peter Jackson
Posts: 217
Joined: May 16, 2013, 5:37 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: The Gong

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Thomas Raider » September 29, 2019, 10:44 am

But being serious,the Roosters always start strong but fade in the second half,so we have to hang in there and come home over the top as we have been doing.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44107
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by The Rickman » September 29, 2019, 11:06 am

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:My question is, will we become regulars in the 8, or will we follow on from 2016 and go missing?

I’m confident we’re now a side who will be serious contenders for a few seasons.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yeah, I’m with you. I don’t think this team has another 2017/18 in them.

I’ve been trying to say this for years but we’ve had a very good team since 2016. 2017/18 were the aberrations, not 2016/19
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
CJ42
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12744
Joined: April 12, 2011, 5:13 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by CJ42 » September 29, 2019, 1:05 pm

Last nights game did nothing for me one way or another, if we keep our brutal defense we will win the game. Tapine needs to be in there handing out shots, his technique in the last few games has been filthy, absolutely brutalising them.
This game has the potential to be one of the greats, a physical brutal defensive game.

Who the **** would have thought we would be ever saying things like this about the Canberra Raiders?? Haha


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Image

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10066
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by gangrenous » September 29, 2019, 2:29 pm

The Rickman wrote: I’ve been trying to say this for years but we’ve had a very good team since 2016. 2017/18 were the aberrations, not 2016/19
I don’t know that aberrations is the best way of describing it. I agree the team has had raw talent over that period. But I think we had legitimate tactical and personnel issues that led to the failures more than an off day or bad luck. That’s why I think there was SO much frustration with 2017/2018. I also still think there’s solid room for this team to continue to improve tactically.

I agree that I am confident of avoiding the same regression in 2020, but will be interesting to see how the squad evolves. Who we are forced to lose etc.

Fuifui Bradbrad
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5841
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » September 29, 2019, 3:32 pm

gangrenous wrote:
The Rickman wrote: I’ve been trying to say this for years but we’ve had a very good team since 2016. 2017/18 were the aberrations, not 2016/19
I don’t know that aberrations is the best way of describing it. I agree the team has had raw talent over that period. But I think we had legitimate tactical and personnel issues that led to the failures more than an off day or bad luck. That’s why I think there was SO much frustration with 2017/2018. I also still think there’s solid room for this team to continue to improve tactically.

I agree that I am confident of avoiding the same regression in 2020, but will be interesting to see how the squad evolves. Who we are forced to lose etc.
I agree with this. I was done with Blake once he asked a journo what game management was. I’m confident we won’t regress.

That said, there is a part of me thats wondering when we’re going to roll out the under 10’s and mess up abysmally, as has been tradition.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Green Machine 2011
Peter Jackson
Posts: 282
Joined: March 25, 2011, 11:50 am

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by Green Machine 2011 » September 30, 2019, 7:14 pm

Yes. Yes it has

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13316
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Has the Question been answered?

Post by bonehead » September 30, 2019, 8:22 pm

Question wrote:Has it ??? Yay or Nay, its been a long time for us rusted ons, I sit back and laugh at all these newcombers.. their matchups and game analytics, i dont harp on it anymore , it becomes tiresome and boring, Now we are one step away from it, can we do it? Will the Question be answered and I can go back to being Matt, all I want is a yay or nay..
Big man it's a Yay from me
Edrick The Entertainer

Post Reply