On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126817
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by greeneyed » September 2, 2019, 10:36 pm

On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Canberra Raiders

The Raiders smashed their record membership numbers this year, and are going from strength to strength on the field. Like the Broncos, Knights, Cowboys and the Storm, the Raiders are key to the game’s lifeblood outside of Sydney.

Danger Rating: 2/5

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/on-the ... 912e6f2e78
Image

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30394
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by -TW- » September 2, 2019, 11:44 pm

Yeah, no. Next

Does show how far we've come in the stick era though. If we were in our 2013/14 hurt then this may be a valid discussion

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk



User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126817
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by greeneyed » September 3, 2019, 6:41 am

I was a bit surprised it was high as a 2.
Image

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 7:05 am

2 out of 5 is high?? Seems about right for me

I’m assuming there’s a bunch of Sydney clubs that are 4s and 5s?
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126817
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by greeneyed » September 3, 2019, 7:37 am

The Rickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 7:05 am
2 out of 5 is high?? Seems about right for me

I’m assuming there’s a bunch of Sydney clubs that are 4s and 5s?
That’s what the link is for!
Image

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 7:44 am

I don’t click on links that take me away from the forum

Greenhouse for life, baby!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126817
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by greeneyed » September 3, 2019, 7:53 am

Links just open a new tab. They don’t take you away from the site.
Image

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25582
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by PigRickman » September 3, 2019, 8:00 am

Yeah I don’t think we’re at great risk... I’m sure we’re not super high on the list of saves either... we probably aren’t bringing much money into the game via tv deals etc, but we are stable off the field and unlikely to need a bail out from the NRL, and we serve in an area that it still a strategic foothold for playing talent for the code
And there are half a dozen bigger fish to fry before they worry about us
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 8:24 am

PigRickman wrote:Yeah I don’t think we’re at great risk... I’m sure we’re not super high on the list of saves either... we probably aren’t bringing much money into the game via tv deals etc, but we are stable off the field and unlikely to need a bail out from the NRL, and we serve in an area that it still a strategic foothold for playing talent for the code
And there are half a dozen bigger fish to fry before they worry about us
So... about 2 out of 5 sound about right to you too?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25582
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by PigRickman » September 3, 2019, 8:50 am

The Rickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 8:24 am
PigRickman wrote:Yeah I don’t think we’re at great risk... I’m sure we’re not super high on the list of saves either... we probably aren’t bringing much money into the game via tv deals etc, but we are stable off the field and unlikely to need a bail out from the NRL, and we serve in an area that it still a strategic foothold for playing talent for the code
And there are half a dozen bigger fish to fry before they worry about us
So... about 2 out of 5 sound about right to you too?
Na, i have us at 1.76
No idea why these **** clowns want to put us at 2. :x
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 9:05 am

PigRickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 8:50 am
The Rickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 8:24 am
PigRickman wrote:Yeah I don’t think we’re at great risk... I’m sure we’re not super high on the list of saves either... we probably aren’t bringing much money into the game via tv deals etc, but we are stable off the field and unlikely to need a bail out from the NRL, and we serve in an area that it still a strategic foothold for playing talent for the code
And there are half a dozen bigger fish to fry before they worry about us
So... about 2 out of 5 sound about right to you too?
Na, i have us at 1.76
No idea why these **** clowns want to put us at 2. :x
Hahaha indeed... "let's not listen to them"
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Beejay
John Ferguson
Posts: 2280
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Beejay » September 3, 2019, 9:06 am

Can't hide agendas in Rugby League.
How in world are the Raiders a 2/5, and not only that, the Newcastle Knights 2/5, the Cowboys 2/5 even with a new stadium getting built!
Even the New Zealand Warriors are a 2/5!

and yet the Bulldogs, a Sydney club, are 1/5 (safer)? Even the Eels are 1/5 ...

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25582
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by PigRickman » September 3, 2019, 9:09 am

The Bulldogs and Eels are not going **** anywhere Beejay.
They are as safe as the Broncos, Storm, Roosters and Penrith... the population growth, the breeding grounds and money those markets bring into the game are vital for RL going forward

The Cowboys are safe as houses too, the code wants more QLD clubs, not less, the Titans are only in trouble because that market has proven a failure time and time again, i suspect the future of that franchise is to be the 2nd brisbane team.

The article has Cronulla, Manly and the Titooons as the most in danger, and to be perfectly honest, that's absolutely spot on.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
Beejay
John Ferguson
Posts: 2280
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Beejay » September 3, 2019, 9:14 am

Look they wouldn't be my first choice of Sydney clubs, but another Sydney club could just cover that area quite easily. Doesn't necessarily have to be the Bulldogs that cover an area, could be the Tigers.
Certainly not more safe than North Queensland Cowboys! Or the only team we have in the Country of New Zealand!

Anyway, not that important, but I just thought that was ridiculous.

Billy Walker
John Ferguson
Posts: 2774
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Billy Walker » September 3, 2019, 9:23 am

I’d say there was a reasonable chance of the Brumbies being relocated and the Raiders membership increasing. The NRL would be smart to look at ways to support the Raiders to subtly encourage that to happen. Good home games in sensible time slots and a few promotional $$ for a start. Australian Rugby is on its knees - NRL should go harder than ever.

User avatar
Beejay
John Ferguson
Posts: 2280
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Beejay » September 3, 2019, 9:26 am

I think one of the Titans greatest mistakes was to go with Blue as their primary colour. Helloooo? You're meant to be a QLD club, why are you Blue?
QLD need an additional team not one moving around, so I really wouldn't be moving the Titans. They need to get their **** together and stick it out.

This is my list of Clubs at risk of relocation;
1. Manly
2. Cronulla
3. Wests Tigers
4. Roosters

Daylight

5. Bulldogs

Copious amounts of Daylight

6. Eels
7. Dragons
8. Panthers
9. Rabbits

That's it. That's all the clubs at risk of relocation.

*some personal bias included against the Roosters. That boardroom is the envy of the rest of the NRL, but really for every other metric they are the top choice. If Politis carks it, they are in trouble.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25582
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by PigRickman » September 3, 2019, 9:41 am

haha fair, if it were up to me, i'd relocate the Broncos to Planet Hoth... @Billy Walker would love that im sure.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
GreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 352
Joined: April 13, 2005, 2:22 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by GreenMachine » September 3, 2019, 9:56 am

greeneyed wrote:
September 3, 2019, 6:41 am
I was a bit surprised it was high as a 2.
me too...like how do they come up with such an arbitrary metric?

User avatar
GreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 352
Joined: April 13, 2005, 2:22 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by GreenMachine » September 3, 2019, 9:58 am

Beejay wrote:
September 3, 2019, 9:26 am
I think one of the Titans greatest mistakes was to go with Blue as their primary colour. Helloooo? You're meant to be a QLD club, why are you Blue?
QLD need an additional team not one moving around, so I really wouldn't be moving the Titans. They need to get their **** together and stick it out.

This is my list of Clubs at risk of relocation;
1. Manly
2. Cronulla
3. Wests Tigers
4. Roosters

Daylight

5. Bulldogs

Copious amounts of Daylight

6. Eels
7. Dragons
8. Panthers
9. Rabbits

That's it. That's all the clubs at risk of relocation.

*some personal bias included against the Roosters. That boardroom is the envy of the rest of the NRL, but really for every other metric they are the top choice. If Politis carks it, they are in trouble.

IMO Dragons are more of a chance than the Roosters - but neither will ever be moved.
Manly won't be moved.

Sharks and Tigers are easily the standouts in Sydney.
Titans outside of Sydney.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 25582
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by PigRickman » September 3, 2019, 10:03 am

GreenMachine wrote:
September 3, 2019, 9:56 am
greeneyed wrote:
September 3, 2019, 6:41 am
I was a bit surprised it was high as a 2.
me too...like how do they come up with such an arbitrary metric?
The answer is exactly that, it's arbitrary.
And the real answer is Manly, Cronulla and to a lesser extent the Tigers are the Sydney teams most at risk, and the Titoons are in a world of trouble. Everyone else is safe for the foreseeable future... but an article saying all by 4 clubs are safe as houses for now doesnt generate the clicks and stoke the fires of discussions on forums like this

Let's put it another way, by that article, the Raiders are as safe as the Roosters and Penrith.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Matt wrote:
June 25, 2019, 9:29 pm
Reed Mahoney 9. Josh Hodgson ©
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 10:05 am

Tigers should be safe from relocation because they've had to merge once already, as have dragons, plus St George really do have such a wonderful history. Other Sydney teams should get the chop first, Manly and Sharks should be right in the discussion.

The Bulldogs do surprise me though, considering they changed their name to "Sydney" briefly in the 90s tells me that they're surely not that comfortable with their identity?
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
GreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 352
Joined: April 13, 2005, 2:22 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by GreenMachine » September 3, 2019, 10:08 am

PigRickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 10:03 am
GreenMachine wrote:
September 3, 2019, 9:56 am
greeneyed wrote:
September 3, 2019, 6:41 am
I was a bit surprised it was high as a 2.
me too...like how do they come up with such an arbitrary metric?
The answer is exactly that, it's arbitrary.
And the real answer is Manly, Cronulla and to a lesser extent the Tigers are the Sydney teams most at risk, and the Titoons are in a world of trouble. Everyone else is safe for the foreseeable future... but an article saying all by 4 clubs are safe as houses for now doesnt generate the clicks and stoke the fires of discussions on forums like this

Let's put it another way, by that article, the Raiders are as safe as the Roosters and Penrith.
Do you really think the NRL will move Manly?
I'm from Northern Sydney and AFL is played everywhere on weekends...it was never the case historically...normally Rugby.
I think they missed an opportunity with the Northern Eagles.

Agree Sharks and Tigers are the "hot takes".

The Bulldogs would be too, if it weren't for their lucrative leagues club.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 126817
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by greeneyed » September 3, 2019, 10:10 am

Who knows what they had in mind with the scores. But 2/5 implies to me, there is a 40 per cent chance of the Raiders being relocated. And there were a number of other clubs with that rating. I’d say it’s high for most if not all of those clubs. I’d say there’s next to no chance of regional clubs who are sound financially being relocated. The financial health of Newcastle is no longer an issue. The only “regional” club that is unsound financially is the Titans. The clubs in Sydney that are unsound financially are the the Tigers, Sharks and Sea Eagles, maybe the Dragons.

They’re the only clubs in any real danger of relocation.
Image

User avatar
GreenMachine
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 352
Joined: April 13, 2005, 2:22 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by GreenMachine » September 3, 2019, 10:10 am

The Rickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 10:05 am
Tigers should be safe from relocation because they've had to merge once already, as have dragons, plus St George really do have such a wonderful history. Other Sydney teams should get the chop first, Manly and Sharks should be right in the discussion.

The Bulldogs do surprise me though, considering they changed their name to "Sydney" briefly in the 90s tells me that they're surely not that comfortable with their identity?
100%.
The Bulldogs seem to escape the debate purely because of the financial backing of their leagues club. They are an obvious choice IMO.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 10:13 am

The Tigers aren't unsound financially, Wests is a very rich club and I'm pretty sure they control the license now, don't they?
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Beejay
John Ferguson
Posts: 2280
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Beejay » September 3, 2019, 10:13 am

Dragons cover Wollongong and the South Coast. Already merged with The Steelers who have the historical name in the area. All of the juniors for the last 30 years have been under the Steelers and now the Dragons. It's legitimately a great Junior area owned by the Dragons.
I think that's a pretty strong case.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13229
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by bonehead » September 3, 2019, 10:13 am

Souths are the obvious candidate, they don't play home games in their traditional area and are probably the most nationally generic team in the comp.
Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 10:14 am

Dragons are perfectly safe, it's actually the Sharks that don't make sense in this puzzle.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 10:15 am

bonehead wrote:
September 3, 2019, 10:13 am
Souths are the obvious candidate, they don't play home games in their traditional area and are probably the most nationally generic team in the comp.
They can't get rid of Souths, too much history, too many supporters, and we all remember what happened last time!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

sprintman
Alan Tongue
Posts: 646
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by sprintman » September 3, 2019, 10:17 am

I’m with Gould and his comments last night. The NRL don’t have the bottle to move anybody, unlike the AFL.

User avatar
Beejay
John Ferguson
Posts: 2280
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Beejay » September 3, 2019, 10:21 am

GreenMachine wrote:
September 3, 2019, 10:10 am
The Rickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 10:05 am
Tigers should be safe from relocation because they've had to merge once already, as have dragons, plus St George really do have such a wonderful history. Other Sydney teams should get the chop first, Manly and Sharks should be right in the discussion.

The Bulldogs do surprise me though, considering they changed their name to "Sydney" briefly in the 90s tells me that they're surely not that comfortable with their identity?
100%.
The Bulldogs seem to escape the debate purely because of the financial backing of their leagues club. They are an obvious choice IMO.
Designing the League around where the best Poker machine revenue is, is what got us into this mess.

Side note* absolutely sensational long-form podcast about the Super league War by "The Rugby League Digest". Currently running now. Must listen for any Rugby League tragic.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32165
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Matt » September 3, 2019, 10:25 am

The Rickman wrote:
September 3, 2019, 7:05 am
2 out of 5 is high?? Seems about right for me

I’m assuming there’s a bunch of Sydney clubs that are 4s and 5s?
Bronx 0
Dogs 1
Sharks 5
Titans 5
Manly 4
Storm 0
Knights 2
Cows 2
Eels 1
Panthers 2
Bunnies 1
Dragons 2
Chooks 2
Warriors 2
Tigers 3

Some really poor reasoning and risk ratings here.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23075
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Northern Raider » September 3, 2019, 10:25 am

I've come up with a comprehensive list of clubs at risk of relocation. I've ranked them in order:

1. Sharks
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32165
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by Matt » September 3, 2019, 10:31 am

Northern Raider wrote:
September 3, 2019, 10:25 am
I've come up with a comprehensive list of clubs at risk of relocation. I've ranked them in order:

1. Sharks
Its between the Sharks and the Titans, surely.
Manly probably should go, but the NRL cant afford to give up the area to union.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43616
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: On the move? This is why your club is in danger of relocation

Post by The Rickman » September 3, 2019, 10:55 am

Manly, Sharks and Titans are my three most obvious. Shame for the Titans to go, but the Gold Coast has never been a success.

Titans and Suns are both sitting the bottom of their respective league, it's hard to see either of those entities still existing in five years' time.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Post Reply