Josh Hodgson at Menslink Midweeker

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » June 15, 2019, 9:35 pm

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson will be the guest at the Menslink Midweeker at Gryphons Caffe Bar at 16 Barker St, Griffith. It is a free event.

"I’m not the sort of bloke to get complacent. That’s why I came to Australia. Playing in England for so long might have got a bit too comfortable and I wanted to be in an environment where I could continually improve my skills, my ability to read the game and adapt to its ever-changing styles."

Entering his fifth year with the Raiders, Co-Captain Josh Hodgson experienced the toughest off season of his life in 2018, tragically and suddenly loosing his brother. Josh is using his experience as drive to do more, to do better and to honour his brother after his passing.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/josh-ho ... s4iTDm2.97

Midweekers are available to women and men of all ages who want to come and listen to inspiring stories from our local men, as well as to understand some of the key issues facing young guys in our region. You don’t have to be a guy to come to a Midweeker – just interested in supporting young guys and their families.

Register: https://www.facebook.com/events/398753420921181/

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » June 19, 2019, 8:40 pm

Went along tonight, saw quite a lot of Raiders fans in attendance, and it was a very big turnout, standing room only. Josh showed a lot of courage, I thought, talking about his late brother. Menslink is a very good organisation to support if you're feeling charitable.

There's an Instagram Story and a pic on The GH's Instagram for those interested.

Wiki Special
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Josh Hodgson at Menslink Midweeker

Post by Wiki Special » June 19, 2019, 8:53 pm

Josh Hodgson - already one of the great Raiders both on and off the field. Love him.

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine

Post by -PJ- » June 20, 2019, 7:26 am

Hey Fergus..

Is he right for the trip to Darwin ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » June 20, 2019, 7:42 am

He didn’t say. But... yes.