Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young takes early plea, will miss five matches

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

edwahu
Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young takes early plea, will miss five matches

Post by edwahu » June 11, 2019, 7:37 pm

gergreg wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:19 pm
edwahu wrote:Here's the other angle of Young

https://streamable.com/7uc92
Are you able to also upload the most recent one from McGuire? I honestly think it's comparable.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 0ddf339e27

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young takes early plea, will miss five matches

Post by greeneyed » June 11, 2019, 7:53 pm

Paul Crawley on NRL 360 says the integrity of the MRC is “shot to pieces” and are applying double standards.

Coastalraider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider » June 11, 2019, 8:04 pm

edwahu wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:37 pm
gergreg wrote:

Are you able to also upload the most recent one from McGuire? I honestly think it's comparable.

From looking at the 2 incidents, I’d say the intent was comparable, but Young got a better dig.

Here’s the bit that really pisses me off - I HATE this kind of crap in the game. But if you are a young ‘hard man’ forward coming into grade, and rep players use this kind of tactic without any real sanction, why would you not use it? The example is set, and reaffirmed in both of the McGuire incidents.

Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley

Post by Dr Zaius » June 11, 2019, 8:09 pm

Surely the NRL is taking the piss?
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

Wiki Special
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Wiki Special » June 11, 2019, 8:10 pm

The Walker one is definitely the lesser of the two McGuire incidents. The Munster one was deplorable and the equal of Young.

Wiki Special
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Wiki Special » June 11, 2019, 8:10 pm

greeneyed wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:53 pm
Paul Crawley on NRL 360 says the integrity of the MRC is “shot to pieces” and are applying double standards.
He is absolutely correct.

edwahu
Laurie Daley

Post by edwahu » June 11, 2019, 8:14 pm

Wiki Special wrote:
June 11, 2019, 8:10 pm
The Walker one is definitely the lesser of the two McGuire incidents. The Munster one was deplorable and the equal of Young.
Yeah, agree on this. They argued there is no footage but you see his finger in his eye.

gergreg
Gary Belcher

Post by gergreg » June 11, 2019, 9:07 pm

Seems to be getting plenty of attention in the media and rightly so.

Shoving it in your face since 2017

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 » June 11, 2019, 11:16 pm

It's pretty indefensible.

PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by PigRickman » June 12, 2019, 8:15 am

Coastalraider wrote:
June 11, 2019, 8:04 pm
edwahu wrote:
June 11, 2019, 7:37 pm
gergreg wrote:

From looking at the 2 incidents, I’d say the intent was comparable, but Young got a better dig.

Here’s the bit that really pisses me off - I HATE this kind of crap in the game. But if you are a young ‘hard man’ forward coming into grade, and rep players use this kind of tactic without any real sanction, why would you not use it? The example is set, and reaffirmed in both of the McGuire incidents.
100%

This should should be suspensions on Young’s level
If not more
You have to get this **** out ASAP
Hard to do that when the MRC are offering up such wildly inconsistent gradings
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers and Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider » June 12, 2019, 10:09 am

Wiki Special wrote:
June 11, 2019, 8:10 pm
Agree. Walker incident was definitely a lower grade than Young's. You could argue they got that one right. It's McGuire's earlier incident on Munster that was the problem. It was virtually identical to Young's incident yet it was 2 grades lower charge.

But what does the MRC do? Give McGuire a higher grade charge than is justified for the latest one because they got the earlier one wrong?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

Coastalraider
Brett Mullins

Post by Coastalraider » June 12, 2019, 10:54 am

If a player comes in with a swinging arm/high shot, and knocks a bloke out, should he be charged greater than if he did exactly the same and the player was abel to play on?? Intent is the same, risk is the same, result is different.

Thats essentially the argument - I believe form watching those 2 incidents of Young vs McGuire#2 that the intent was the same, but Young 'found the hole' faster than McGuire. McGuire had a decent root around looking for it, making it look more like a face rub, but he was definitely looking for the eye, he just didnt find it as well.

What is mind boggling is that he is stupid enough to keep doing it - not only after his Munster incident, but within a short space of time after that was re-highlighted in comparison to the Young charge. What an absolute muppet.