'I was arrested and put in a jail cell': The inspiring story of how a troubled young footy player turned his life around

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

'I was arrested and put in a jail cell': The inspiring story of how a troubled young footy player turned his life around

Post by greeneyed » May 29, 2019, 11:56 am

'I was arrested and put in a jail cell': The inspiring story of how a troubled young footy player turned his life around after a positive drug test

Rising NRL star Hudson Young has revealed how he turned his life around after a series of bad decisions led to a two-year ban from rugby league and a spell in a prison cell.

'I kind of thought if there is anything in that (supplement) then I am going to get into trouble here. I didn't really know what it was I had taken,' Young said.

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... sions.html

raiderskater
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Re: 'I was arrested and put in a jail cell': The inspiring story of how a troubled young footy player turned his life ar

Post by raiderskater » May 29, 2019, 8:22 pm

We've got a few redemption stories at the moment, Wighton, Hudson, Bateman. Let's hope their redemption stories stay complete and there are no relapses.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)

BJ
David Furner

Re: 'I was arrested and put in a jail cell': The inspiring story of how a troubled young footy player turned his life ar

Post by BJ » May 29, 2019, 11:15 pm

These Amazing redemption stories of so many Raiders players must give some hope to many Greenhouse members that there is a chance that some of our posters on here will one day ‘redeem’ themselves.

Nah who am I kidding. No chance in the world.

Sid
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid » May 30, 2019, 8:39 am

BJ wrote:
May 29, 2019, 11:15 pm
These Amazing redemption stories of so many Raiders players must give some hope to many Greenhouse members that there is a chance that some of our posters on here will one day ‘redeem’ themselves.

We should start posting our own redemption stories
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

Sid
Gary Belcher

Post by Sid » May 30, 2019, 8:44 am

I will give Young the benefit of the doubt with the drug ban. Different story if it's a professional athlete, but at 16 I doubt he would've had people around him clarifying what supplements he could and couldn't take.

The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Rickman » May 30, 2019, 9:14 am

Sid wrote:
May 30, 2019, 8:39 am
BJ wrote:

I'll start... I used to be a complete ****.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

BJ
David Furner

Post by BJ » May 30, 2019, 11:00 am

I used to be a Roosters fan before switching to Raiders.

Surely no redemption story will top that.

Sid
Gary Belcher

Post by Sid » May 30, 2019, 11:05 am

The Rickman wrote:
May 30, 2019, 9:14 am
Sid wrote:
BJ wrote:

and then what happened?

The Rickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Rickman » May 30, 2019, 11:08 am

Sid wrote:
May 30, 2019, 11:05 am
The Rickman wrote:
May 30, 2019, 9:14 am
Sid wrote:
BJ wrote:

and then what happened?
Absolutely nothing, you **** dirty ****.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R » May 30, 2019, 11:28 am

The Rickman wrote:
Sid wrote:
BJ wrote:

When does the redemption bit start?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

Azza
Ruben Wiki

Post by Azza » May 30, 2019, 11:46 am

In pre-school I used to sneak into other kids bags and steal gingerbread cookies we'd made together in the morning.

Sid
Gary Belcher

Post by Sid » May 30, 2019, 11:59 am

BJ wrote:
May 30, 2019, 11:00 am

You've taken the Jarrod Croker redemption path. What made you change from Roosters to Raiders?

The Rickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Rickman » May 30, 2019, 12:01 pm

T_R wrote:
May 30, 2019, 11:28 am
The Rickman wrote:
Sid wrote:
BJ wrote:

When does the redemption bit start?
In a few weeks when I help an old lady across the road you absolute piece.

BJ
David Furner

Post by BJ » May 30, 2019, 12:40 pm

Sid wrote:
BJ wrote:
May 30, 2019, 11:00 am

You've taken the Jarrod Croker redemption path. What made you change from Roosters to Raiders?

I went to the Eastern Suburbs Roosters v Raiders in that first 1982 season. Roosters absolutely thrashed the Raiders who were clearly out of their depth.

As a fan of underdogs (I support Wolverhampton in EPL) I switched to Raiders and stuck solid since.