All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

edwahu
Laurie Daley

Re: Josh Hodgson

Post by edwahu » April 17, 2019, 6:58 pm

papabear wrote:
April 17, 2019, 3:48 pm
I agree that defending isn’t what he is paid the big bucks for.

The problem for me is I think better sides then parra might get more success out of working him over to blunt his attack and pick up points.

And since his lateral movement in defence is to **** you can’t really hide him on the edges.

If he improved his hit a bit so teams didn’t target him so much I think the rest of his game would really improve opening everything else up for us.
Why is it a problem for you when he has carved up some of the best defending sides in the comp before? and when his defense has never been an issue and still isn't?

The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Rickman » April 18, 2019, 10:50 am

edwahu wrote:
April 17, 2019, 6:58 pm
papabear wrote:

The problem for me is I think better sides then parra might get more success out of working him over to blunt his attack and pick up points.

And since his lateral movement in defence is to **** you can’t really hide him on the edges.

If he improved his hit a bit so teams didn’t target him so much I think the rest of his game would really improve opening everything else up for us.
Why is it a problem for you when he has carved up some of the best defending sides in the comp before? and when his defense has never been an issue and still isn't?
Hahahah this forum... apparently Cotric and Whitehead stink now too, even though Whitehead has 4 points already in our POTY rankings, and we want to offload Sezer after 5 rounds.

This forum.
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider » April 18, 2019, 11:27 am

edwahu wrote:
April 17, 2019, 6:58 pm
papabear wrote:

I don't think there's any sort of game plan to work over a hooker defensively. You cannot isolate somebody in the middle the same way you can with a half on the edge. Raiders worked the middle against the Eels. Not because they were targeting Mahoney. It was to tire out their big forwards.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.