2019 Dally M points

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17828
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by edwahu » April 8, 2019, 6:31 pm

gergreg wrote:
April 8, 2019, 6:29 pm
edwahu wrote:
gergreg wrote:
April 8, 2019, 5:41 pm
EJ wrote:^224m and 41 tackles. Ol' Ciggy Butt Brain is going ok.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Not bad.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Yeah but what was his play the ball speed?
Did I ever tell the story of my play the ball speeds?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Yes, I reported you to HR remember?

gergreg
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6191
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by gergreg » April 9, 2019, 7:52 am

Very harsh Ed. The HR investigation lasted longer than the 'incident' but thankfully my wife backed up my claims.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Raider47
David Furner
Posts: 3038
Joined: April 15, 2009, 10:38 am
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by Raider47 » April 14, 2019, 9:01 pm

Round 5 V Eels

Dally M votes: Josh Hodgson 3, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2, Jarrod Croker 1. Judge: Alan Tongue

Canberra Raiders Dally M leaderboard

6 John Bateman
5 Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
5 Josh Hodgson
3 Josh Papalii
3 Elliott Whitehead
2 Jordan Rapana
1 Jarrod Croker

Overall leader board

Cameron Munster 11
James Tedesco 9
Paul Vaughan 8
Luke Keary 7
Robbie Farah 6
Mitchell Moses 6
Jake Trbojevic 6
Blake Green 6
Sam Burgess 6
John Bateman 6

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/14/rou ... aderboard/

How is Hodgson a 3? :lol: Judge was Tonguey.
"It's always been Canberra, I love playing for the Raiders"- Jarrod Croker
"We’re all really excited about what’s going on here at the Raiders"- Blake Austin
"I’m very happy to have signed this extension and I love playing footy in Canberra"- Jack Wighton
"I’ve been in Canberra for a while now and it’s become a home for me"- Josh Papalii
"“The ultimate goal is to win a premiership and get Canberra back on the pedestal they belong."- Sia Soliola
"The club was eager for me to stay and I was eager to stay as well because I love it here in Canberra."- Josh Hodgson

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23390
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by PigRickman » April 14, 2019, 9:03 pm

Haha **** me.

I mean he did have two try assists...
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 20685
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by Northern Raider » April 14, 2019, 9:12 pm

PigRickman wrote:
April 14, 2019, 9:03 pm
Haha **** me.

I mean he did have two try assists...
Haha yeah. 1st TA was crash ball no27 for the game. Persistence paid off. 2nd was a garbage kick that rebounded off legs into the right spot.

Love Hodgo but that was one of his poorer performances.......yet got 3 Dally M points. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23390
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by PigRickman » April 14, 2019, 9:14 pm

I love Hodgo and i didnt even think about him for my POTY points.
If any of 6-7-9 showed up today that game is a 30 point win.

They all had moments but mostly garbage.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

User avatar
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Posts: 630
Joined: May 26, 2007, 9:42 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Isaacs /Bay55

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by christoraider » April 14, 2019, 10:25 pm

dubby wrote:
christoraider wrote:Hodges would have to be the worst commentator ever.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Has the personality and charisma of a dead pot plant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That’s unfair to dead pot plants lol



Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 41308
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by The Rickman » April 14, 2019, 10:31 pm

PigRickman wrote:I love Hodgo and i didnt even think about him for my POTY points.
If any of 6-7-9 showed up today that game is a 30 point win.

They all had moments but mostly garbage.
Well to be fair on the judges, I gave Hodgson MY 3 points too... it was a tough week, there really wasn’t any standouts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Timbo
John Ferguson
Posts: 2940
Joined: January 6, 2005, 9:42 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Here

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by Timbo » April 14, 2019, 11:35 pm

That was close to Hodgo’s worst game for us. Really overplayed his hand in attack.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3400
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by RTW » April 15, 2019, 3:42 am

Dally M is simply a popularity contest.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6611
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by Brew » April 15, 2019, 7:26 am

The good thing about being the best player in a team is that if there are no stands outs in the game then you are more than likely to post Dally M Points. Happens a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
PigRickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23390
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by PigRickman » April 15, 2019, 8:32 am

The Rickman wrote:
April 14, 2019, 10:31 pm
PigRickman wrote:I love Hodgo and i didnt even think about him for my POTY points.
If any of 6-7-9 showed up today that game is a 30 point win.

They all had moments but mostly garbage.
Well to be fair on the judges, I gave Hodgson MY 3 points too... it was a tough week, there really wasn’t any standouts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i found this week tough, and the Hodgson game was so weird.
He was horrendous for most of the game, but at times it was clear he was the best player on the park and ultimately by hook or crook, he did have 2 try assists :lol:
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Coaching Power Rankings: Ricky Stuart - Top 2, and he ain't 2.

Hazza
Alan Tongue
Posts: 677
Joined: March 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by Hazza » April 15, 2019, 8:44 am

Timbo wrote:
April 14, 2019, 11:35 pm
That was close to Hodgo’s worst game for us. Really overplayed his hand in attack.
He wasn't much better the previous week v the Cows. Is taking a number of poor options.

User avatar
papabear
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6017
Joined: August 27, 2007, 2:26 pm
Location: redfern

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by papabear » April 15, 2019, 9:00 am

Whitehead stood out for me
papalii was beast mode as usual
Wighton was excellent especially in comparison to the knights game, he had a grubber in the second half that I wouldnt even expect out of thurston or joey johns.
honestly our whole forward pack bashed them into submission

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 29808
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by dubby » April 15, 2019, 9:03 am

RTW wrote:Dally M is simply a popularity contest.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Nailed it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Image

Not_Easy_Being_Green
David Shillington
Posts: 37
Joined: March 3, 2015, 1:00 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by Not_Easy_Being_Green » April 15, 2019, 9:49 pm

CNK is killing it at the back. He really could have a few more than 5 points with his performances so far. I already feel a little more calm when a bomb goes up. He's got bloody good hands and great is support play. Last couple of seasons with wighton there I always felt like it was a lottery whenever the kick went up.
I think Jacks stinging defence is paying dividends although his error rate needs tidying up. Hes leading the comp in errors and makes up for a quarter of all our teams mistakes.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 123431
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by greeneyed » April 15, 2019, 9:55 pm

I always feel slightly nervous with CNK under the high ball, as the ball often seems to "bobble". But then he safely takes it.
Image

User avatar
simo
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8130
Joined: March 12, 2013, 7:50 pm
Favourite Player: Keghead

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by simo » April 16, 2019, 7:59 am

Not_Easy_Being_Green wrote:
April 15, 2019, 9:49 pm
CNK is killing it at the back. He really could have a few more than 5 points with his performances so far. I already feel a little more calm when a bomb goes up. He's got bloody good hands and great is support play. Last couple of seasons with wighton there I always felt like it was a lottery whenever the kick went up.
I think Jacks stinging defence is paying dividends although his error rate needs tidying up. Hes leading the comp in errors and makes up for a quarter of all our teams mistakes.
Happy for wighton to play a no risk game this weekend againstthe broncs. Hard runs, nothing tricky.
Dont delete this GE

woppadingo
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1359
Joined: July 28, 2008, 10:11 am

Re: 2019 Dally M points

Post by woppadingo » April 16, 2019, 10:27 am

PigRickman wrote:
April 15, 2019, 8:32 am
The Rickman wrote:
April 14, 2019, 10:31 pm
PigRickman wrote:I love Hodgo and i didnt even think about him for my POTY points.
If any of 6-7-9 showed up today that game is a 30 point win.

They all had moments but mostly garbage.
Well to be fair on the judges, I gave Hodgson MY 3 points too... it was a tough week, there really wasn’t any standouts


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah i found this week tough, and the Hodgson game was so weird.
He was horrendous for most of the game, but at times it was clear he was the best player on the park and ultimately by hook or crook, he did have 2 try assists :lol:
Well the commentators were saying the Eels were targetting Hodgo to limit his impact, and the result was he didnt really make a lot of runs. So it made sense to me.

Post Reply