Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128221
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by greeneyed » December 4, 2019, 4:26 pm

Recruitment guru Peter Mulholland reveals the Canberra Raiders' plans for new signing George Williams

The Canberra Raiders have successfully transformed Englishmen like John Bateman into NRL stars, but what are their plans for new half recruit George Williams?

“George can organise and structure a game but both him and Jack Wighton ask questions. He just needs to learn that little bit of game management, I never doubt his running game," Peter Mulholland says.

Read more: https://www.totalrl.com/hail-sezer/
Image

User avatar
BadnMean
John Ferguson
Posts: 2981
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by BadnMean » December 4, 2019, 5:45 pm

Reading into what Mulholland says there he rated Williams and Sezer pretty similarly defensively and kicking but feels Sezer may be more developed as a game manager + George will ask more questions of a defence when running. Nothing too new there.

Interesting was that they feel Williams has the potential to do more than he was asked at Wigan. He wants him to grow into game management. That could be a tough ask for a new half. Still, Muholland has been spot on so far.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7422
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by gergreg » December 4, 2019, 7:37 pm

BadnMean wrote:Reading into what Mulholland says there he rated Williams and Sezer pretty similarly defensively and kicking but feels Sezer may be more developed as a game manager + George will ask more questions of a defence when running. Nothing too new there.

Interesting was that they feel Williams has the potential to do more than he was asked at Wigan. He wants him to grow into game management. That could be a tough ask for a new half. Still, Muholland has been spot on so far.
I think Hodgson actually had a bit of say in the decision. I remember a game or two during the season where he made a few comments about our halves needing to step up and control the games better.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

radicalraider
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Posts: 61
Joined: August 4, 2014, 12:06 am
Favourite Player: croker

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by radicalraider » December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm

It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23613
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Northern Raider » December 4, 2019, 8:34 pm

radicalraider wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Given that Wighton had a much higher number of gets of the halves in 2019 it may not be as big an issue. Williams will get his chance to ease into the role.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44524
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by The Nickman » December 4, 2019, 8:39 pm

radicalraider wrote:It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Wot
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30769
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by -TW- » December 4, 2019, 9:09 pm

The Nickman wrote:
radicalraider wrote:It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Wot
Think I had a mild stroke reading that

All good

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22112
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Seiffert82 » December 4, 2019, 10:52 pm

The Nickman wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:39 pm
radicalraider wrote:It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Wot
Ummm, I think you'll find he said It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..

Not that hard to comprehend.

:lol:

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22112
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Seiffert82 » December 4, 2019, 10:53 pm

**** me that was next level. :lol:

User avatar
afgtnk
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6735
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by afgtnk » December 5, 2019, 6:43 am

radicalraider wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Image

Old School Green
Peter Jackson
Posts: 224
Joined: May 9, 2007, 11:20 am

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Old School Green » December 5, 2019, 11:26 am

afgtnk wrote:
December 5, 2019, 6:43 am
radicalraider wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Image
atataghjfjfkf not sure if Con is like **** or beauuuuuuuuutiful??

That original post has the delectable intrigue of a nickman pick-man post.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the green !!

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44524
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by The Nickman » December 5, 2019, 11:34 am

Old School Green wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:26 am
afgtnk wrote:
December 5, 2019, 6:43 am
radicalraider wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Image
atataghjfjfkf not sure if Con is like **** or beauuuuuuuuutiful??

That original post has the delectable intrigue of a nickman pick-man post.
The original post is actually more like an old-school Raider69 post... I wonder whatever happened to that guy??
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Old School Green
Peter Jackson
Posts: 224
Joined: May 9, 2007, 11:20 am

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Old School Green » December 5, 2019, 2:12 pm

The Nickman wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:34 am
Old School Green wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:26 am
afgtnk wrote:
December 5, 2019, 6:43 am
radicalraider wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Image
atataghjfjfkf not sure if Con is like **** or beauuuuuuuuutiful??

That original post has the delectable intrigue of a nickman pick-man post.
The original post is actually more like an old-school Raider69 post... I wonder whatever happened to that guy??
Who knows. But.....hours later i'm still pondering the genius philosophical notion that indeed 'We are still, the Miss Sezer'....... :o
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the green !!

radicalraider
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Posts: 61
Joined: August 4, 2014, 12:06 am
Favourite Player: croker

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by radicalraider » December 5, 2019, 2:29 pm

Gna* Not the geez some of you really are on the green

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7126
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by zim » December 5, 2019, 2:40 pm

radicalraider wrote:
December 5, 2019, 2:29 pm
Gna* Not the geez some of you really are on the green
You will have to explain to the rest of us what "Gna" means.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 128221
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by greeneyed » December 5, 2019, 3:04 pm

GNA. Get nicked all?
Image

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44524
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by The Nickman » December 5, 2019, 3:09 pm

Well that's not very nice, Fergus.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
zim
Steve Walters
Posts: 7126
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by zim » December 5, 2019, 3:50 pm

greeneyed wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:04 pm
GNA. Get nicked all?
Why is there a *?

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22112
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Seiffert82 » December 5, 2019, 3:53 pm

The internet has a lot to answer for.

User avatar
afgtnk
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6735
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am
Location: Sydney

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by afgtnk » December 5, 2019, 5:51 pm

Old School Green wrote:
December 5, 2019, 2:12 pm
The Nickman wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:34 am
Old School Green wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:26 am
afgtnk wrote:
December 5, 2019, 6:43 am
radicalraider wrote:
December 4, 2019, 8:01 pm
It's the take g Williams a while to get going and when he does we're still the miss sezer..
Image
atataghjfjfkf not sure if Con is like **** or beauuuuuuuuutiful??

That original post has the delectable intrigue of a nickman pick-man post.
The original post is actually more like an old-school Raider69 post... I wonder whatever happened to that guy??
Who knows. But.....hours later i'm still pondering the genius philosophical notion that indeed 'We are still, the Miss Sezer'....... :o
Give it a cuppla days

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32688
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Matt » December 5, 2019, 6:30 pm

zim wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:50 pm
greeneyed wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:04 pm
GNA. Get nicked all?
Why is there a *?
I read it an 'gonna'

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7422
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by gergreg » December 5, 2019, 8:34 pm

Matt wrote:
zim wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:50 pm
greeneyed wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:04 pm
GNA. Get nicked all?
Why is there a *?
I read it an 'gonna'
Matt, what's that got two do wit a goanna?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

Old School Green
Peter Jackson
Posts: 224
Joined: May 9, 2007, 11:20 am

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Old School Green » December 5, 2019, 9:10 pm

afgtnk wrote:
December 5, 2019, 5:51 pm
Old School Green wrote:
December 5, 2019, 2:12 pm
The Nickman wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:34 am
Old School Green wrote:
December 5, 2019, 11:26 am
[quote=afgtnk post_id=1710576 time=1575492229 user_id=5

Image
atataghjfjfkf not sure if Con is like **** or beauuuuuuuuutiful??

That original post has the delectable intrigue of a nickman pick-man post.
The original post is actually more like an old-school Raider69 post... I wonder whatever happened to that guy??
Who knows. But.....hours later i'm still pondering the genius philosophical notion that indeed 'We are still, the Miss Sezer'....... :o
Give it a cuppla days
[/quote]
Boooooooom. Aftagjjnfdhkfk you little comedy company aficionado :thumbsup
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the green !!

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 32688
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Canberra Raiders sign Wigan Warriors half George Williams on three year deal

Post by Matt » December 6, 2019, 8:05 am

gergreg wrote:
December 5, 2019, 8:34 pm
Matt wrote:
zim wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:50 pm
greeneyed wrote:
December 5, 2019, 3:04 pm
GNA. Get nicked all?
Why is there a *?
I read it an 'gonna'
Matt, what's that got two do wit a goanna?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
not sure that GI ever came up in this discussion?!?! :lol:

Post Reply