Through green eyes 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: Through green eyes 2019

Post by RedRaider »

While on the season, I would like to thank the lesser lights and debutants for helping the Raiders reach the Grand Final.
JJ Collins - 1 game and one win
Seb Kris - 4 games and 3 tries - debut NRL season
Tom Starling - 3 games and 3 wins
Sam Williams - 10 games and Win percentage 60%
Bailey Simonsson - 21 games and 8 tries - debut NRL season
Siliva Havili - 22 games and 2 tries
Michael Oldfield - 9 games and 5 tries, unfortunately injured late in the season
Ryan Sutton - 20 games - debut NRL season
Emre Guler - 11 games
Hudson Young - 12 games and twice suspended in debut season. Eye gouging should be stamped out of the game and so should those who don't take the tip after the first offence.
Corey Horsburgh - 22 games in the engine room. HorsPOWER had a wonderful debut season. He had some things to work on early but came back a better player and had a red hot crack at his opportunity. He is easily one of my favourite players and not just because we share hair colour. He rolls the sleeves up and works hard on both sides of the ball. He has an offload skill which I'm sure will be developed in coming years. 2020 can't come soon enough just to watch him go around again. Imo he will be in the Qld squad very soon.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: July 26, 2019, 9:13 am
T_R wrote: July 25, 2019, 9:54 pm
BadnMean wrote:
greeneyed wrote: July 25, 2019, 8:21 pm
BadnMean wrote: July 25, 2019, 6:37 pm Nice article. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wonder if when Siro answered, "Respect"- did he mean for occasion of the GF? For his opponents? For the game itself?

It's really good of him and Brasher to come down, 30 years on, to a rival fan day to boot and share their time. Hope they were well looked after.
Thanks. I think he meant for the opponents and the game. Said he hates the Raiders players and loves them... all except Steve Jackson! The players would have interacted a bit in rep teams.

Looks like Fox Sports will have another doco, where the players from both teams are interviewed while watching the replay of the 89 decider.
Ok, nice. If Balmain have a reunion gig ever I bet it's the kind of thing Sticky turns up to, if asked. When he says he does a lot to promote the game- from what I hear he does all those kinds of little things too.

I'm guessing Siro loved Jacko? Poor bugger seems to have been popular but his demons got to him in the end.

Anything else you picked up from the Q and A as a fan?

Hmmm I live in Singapore at the moment so I only have the Watchnrl overseas pass. I wonder if that show will be available. I get most fox league shows.

I've actually never seen anything replays of '89 except the 30-40 youtube highlights- at the time I was watching it on TV in Weston Creek (Rivett) on the day. Then dad took me out to the reception in civic as a kid. We had season tickets that year of '89 and kept them until the Super League era. Not that we were anti- SL, it was just time had passed and it was a damp squib.
A fellow Rivett lad! Similar era, too, I imagine. Were we in class together at Rivett Primary?

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I was born in '79 but lived in Holder first, so I went to Holder primary. In year 4 I switched to Chapman; my street was just in the Chapman zone apparently, up near Goodenia and Darwinia.
Happy 40th Birthday BnM. I enjoy your posts and agree with you most of the time.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

RedRaider wrote: October 31, 2019, 5:08 am
BadnMean wrote: July 26, 2019, 9:13 am I was born in '79 but lived in Holder first, so I went to Holder primary. In year 4 I switched to Chapman; my street was just in the Chapman zone apparently, up near Goodenia and Darwinia.
Happy 40th Birthday BnM. I enjoy your posts and agree with you most of the time.
x2, great contributor to the forum
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Yep, both B&M and Red are always a must read for me.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Cranky Old Man wrote: October 31, 2019, 10:19 am Yep, both B&M and Red are always a must read for me.
I met Red after the Rabbitohs semi-final, absolutely lovely bloke!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

The Rickman wrote: October 31, 2019, 10:07 am
BadnMean wrote: July 26, 2019, 9:13 am I was born in '79 but lived in Holder first, so I went to Holder primary. In year 4 I switched to Chapman; my street was just in the Chapman zone apparently, up near Goodenia and Darwinia.
x2, great contributor to the forum
Cranky Old Man wrote: October 31, 2019, 10:19 am Yep, both B&M and Red are always a must read for me.
Well this is the best non-birthday surprise ever- it was in May, but yes, I am accepting tributes for the entire, glorious year. Thank you.

Standards have slipped if I'm an enjoyable poster. Marks you as men of ill repute. In fact, in a minute you'll have me accused of being in a clique.