Sneaking our club into our day jobs

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Sneaking our club into our day jobs

Post by nachopants »

I don't know if I'm allowed to put this here or not but most of the feedback has been - wow - are you paid to promote the Raiders?

lol! No, I just love this place <3

https://cdn.heffron.com.au/trustinyou.com.au.mp4

Also, apologies, I have a head for radio and a voice for silent movies.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Sneaking our club into our day jobs

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I can’t see the attachment, but I’ve been guilty of sticking Raiders Logos in my presentations. Last one I chucked it on the stock photo model to give him a Raiders T Shirt.

Went through 6 presentations before someone picked it up. Boss had a go at me, before I pointed out her email endorse it before I ran with preso

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

I am a school teacher.

I wear a Raiders polo to work weekly.
I have Raiders merch on my desk and the walls of the room.
My class is called 5 Green ‘Machine’.
I bribe kids to say the Raiders are their team.
There isn’t a member of the school community that doesn’t know that I support the Raiders!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

People at work mock me most Monday mornings.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

T_R wrote:People at work mock me most Monday mornings.
Yeah same here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I sit next to a parra fan on one side, dogs fan in front of me, Broncos fan behind me it's fairly horrific

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

My friends at work make sport of asking me specific questions about the raiders games and then laughing as i explode into a fit of rage over some Raiders level Bull that went on
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

T_R wrote: December 14, 2018, 5:20 pm People at work mock me most Monday mornings.
This.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
nachopants
Brett Mullins

Post by nachopants »

-PJ- wrote: December 14, 2018, 6:03 pm
T_R wrote: December 14, 2018, 5:20 pm People at work mock me most Monday mornings.
This.
+1
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Yeah but what do they say after that when you bring up the Raiders.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Schifty wrote:
Yeah but what do they say after that when you bring up the Raiders.
It gets even worse!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

my classroom has a raiders wall with a whole heap of photos on it, a flag and stuff all over my desk. My keys have a raiders keyring on them in case i drop them and someone finds them, i have a raiders seat cover on my teachers
chair and i wear raiders t shirts at least once a week ( love the new 47' range, looks professional and still raiders!)

Its great because the families of my students know i am the raiders fan so they feel like they know me more than they do. This makes them feel more comfortable talking to me when we have to have very serious conversations.

I had a bulldogs player visit my school, i had to organise it and everything. Yes when he arrived he was met by a lady wearing a raiders jersey :)
Vaccinated
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I started rocking Cosmos merch because there was less shame attached to it :)
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Schifty wrote:I started rocking Cosmos merch because there was less shame attached to it :)
Same as me, but with the Cavs. Seems there’s less criticism in bright orange than lime green
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Schifty wrote:I started rocking Cosmos merch because there was less shame attached to it :)
Same as me, but with the Cavs. Seems there’s less criticism in bright orange than lime green
How about the bushrangers?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

nacho wrote: December 14, 2018, 11:30 pm
-PJ- wrote: December 14, 2018, 6:03 pm
This.
+1
I'd say I'm more a figure of pity than mockery among work colleagues
nachopants
Brett Mullins

Post by nachopants »

The fun continues :)

Sending memberships is rewarding as heck :)
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Due to the time difference between Hong Kong and Australia, I watch some of the Raiders' matches on my computer in the office (like at 4 p.m. last Friday v Canterbury). Due to the reflection in the glass windows in my room, my colleagues can see what I'm watching. They ask: "Doesn't [my] wife let me watch football at home?"

In 2019, I was watching one of our matches at a sauna on my computer while getting a foot massage and some Chinese dude approached me and said "oh is that the Canberra Raiders? Is Ricky Stuart playing?" I wish he was playing.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

I rock up to work with Raiders cap , raiders bag , lime green esky with Raiders stickers all over it. My tool trolley is covered in raider stickers.
Not really sneaking it in but singing it loud. 2019 was a fun year here , the footy talk isnt as much fun this year.
Everyone knows what club I support
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I had canberra raiders coffee mug, that at smoko on a monday morning this year I proceeded to drink my coffee and obliterate it by throwing it against the back wall of the factory.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Almost every Team or Zoom meeting I have with anyone who knows me well they try and talk footy at the start of the meeting and especially the Raiders game

Always starts me off in a furious mood for the meeting
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

During the recent Covid times while wearing a face covering at work I was wearing a Raiders bandana.

Plus I have a Raiders decal on my crash hat.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 11, 2022, 12:41 am Due to the time difference between Hong Kong and Australia, I watch some of the Raiders' matches on my computer in the office (like at 4 p.m. last Friday v Canterbury). Due to the reflection in the glass windows in my room, my colleagues can see what I'm watching. They ask: "Doesn't [my] wife let me watch football at home?"

In 2019, I was watching one of our matches at a sauna on my computer while getting a foot massage and some Chinese dude approached me and said "oh is that the Canberra Raiders? Is Ricky Stuart playing?" I wish he was playing.
Was it a foot massage, or a “foot massage” ;)
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: December 16, 2018, 8:46 pm my classroom has a raiders wall with a whole heap of photos on it, a flag and stuff all over my desk. My keys have a raiders keyring on them in case i drop them and someone finds them, i have a raiders seat cover on my teachers
chair and i wear raiders t shirts at least once a week ( love the new 47' range, looks professional and still raiders!)

Its great because the families of my students know i am the raiders fan so they feel like they know me more than they do. This makes them feel more comfortable talking to me when we have to have very serious conversations.

I had a bulldogs player visit my school, i had to organise it and everything. Yes when he arrived he was met by a lady wearing a raiders jersey :)
Great passion Cat and indoctrinating kids with raiders propaganda is a great way to teach them about adversity and resilience :lol:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

cat wrote: December 16, 2018, 8:46 pm my classroom has a raiders wall with a whole heap of photos on it, a flag and stuff all over my desk. My keys have a raiders keyring on them in case i drop them and someone finds them, i have a raiders seat cover on my teachers

Nice work cat, I bet the kids can only concentrate for 20mins.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I think I’ve mentioned this before, my home office is emblazoned with all sorts of Raiders memorabilia or just Lime green things.

Anytime a colleague goes on Maternity leave, I’ll buy them a swag of Raiders baby merch if they’re not aligned to a club. Had a few thank me, saying they wanted to get into the sport, but couldn’t decide who to support.

Nickman's love of NSW
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Dusty wrote: December 14, 2018, 4:52 pm I am a school teacher.

I wear a Raiders polo to work weekly.
I have Raiders merch on my desk and the walls of the room.
My class is called 5 Green ‘Machine’.
I bribe kids to say the Raiders are their team.
There isn’t a member of the school community that doesn’t know that I support the Raiders!

I too am a teacher. I have a raiders shrine in my office. I have indoctrinated many.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

I sent an email a few years ago to the Raiders asking for merchandise so I could indoctrinate even more but didn’t receive a response.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Yeah, Teams meetings I'll wear a Raiders cap or Jersey (mostly after a win). It brings a smile.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

RedRaider wrote:Yeah, Teams meetings I'll wear a Raiders cap or Jersey (mostly after a win). It brings a smile.
Wow, I didn’t even realise Teams meetings were a thing before you retired back in ‘86, Red!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

:) Still learning new things Nickman. Next they will show me where the 'on' switch is.....
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I've got the Raiders membership calendar on my desk. Not much of a sneak but the June picture of an early Victor the Viking is the stuff of nightmares.
Rusty Crowe
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Rusty Crowe »

In my latest film, I modelled my beard on the great Victor. I know I was supposed to be a Greek God, but I thought I’d rock a more Norse look
Turt
Brett Mullins

Post by Turt »

I've got a photo of myself and my son with our green hair at the 2019 grand final as my instant messaging profile
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Raiders calendar on the wall, that one we got in the members back on my desk, flag use to be behind the desk but I keep forgetting to take it back in.

I also keep a wooden spoon in a draw to remind the Broncos fans should they decide to try and give me **** on Monday.