Protest: Expressions of Interest

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1852
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Mickey_Raider » July 28, 2018, 10:07 pm

OK so we have missed the finals once again. There is nothing in Ricky's coaching, player movements or anything else to suggest we will improve next year.

There is also deafening silence from any of the stakeholders who could potentially foment change (Canberra Times we are looking at you).

We can all throw our hands up and lament the state of this club. But we need to accept the only way this rot might hypothetically be stymied is through agitation and protest from the fan base.

As far as the club and the QBN board is probably concerned, the Sack Ricky movement is confined to a few keyboard warriors on the internet. However I'm sure this is not the case.

What are people's thoughts on formally protesting against the stranglehold and malaise over the club we all love?
Canberra Raiders: Est. 1982 .... 89,90,94

RAIDERS TILL I DIE!

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29007
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by -TW- » July 28, 2018, 10:08 pm

Sit down for the Viking clap, that's a start

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by mamando » July 28, 2018, 10:09 pm

Would put my name to it. I’ve had enough of this garbage.

User avatar
Leebola
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1050
Joined: October 5, 2006, 9:03 pm

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Leebola » July 28, 2018, 10:14 pm

Also in. I've just emailed David Polkinghorne. Not holding my breath, but this has to start somewhere...

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Pigman » July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm

I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
Northern Raider
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19889
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Northern Raider » July 28, 2018, 10:19 pm

Time fo another petition
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1852
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Mickey_Raider » July 28, 2018, 10:22 pm

Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
No need to send your well wishes just yet. it was just an expression of interest. If enough people had that defeatist attitude then certainly no protest will go ahead.
Canberra Raiders: Est. 1982 .... 89,90,94

RAIDERS TILL I DIE!

User avatar
Leebola
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1050
Joined: October 5, 2006, 9:03 pm

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Leebola » July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm

Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
Nick, this needs humans of wit, passion, anger, and a love of socialism. You satisfy 3/4 criteria. Get on board.

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Pigman » July 28, 2018, 10:26 pm

Leebola wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
Nick, this needs humans of wit, passion, anger, and a love of socialism. You satisfy 3/4 criteria. Get on board.
Giving me 3/4 explains why I’ve always thought you a good man
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
Northern Raider
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19889
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Northern Raider » July 28, 2018, 10:26 pm

I’m going to take a knee during the national anthem
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16141
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Schifty » July 28, 2018, 10:46 pm

Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:26 pm
Leebola wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
Nick, this needs humans of wit, passion, anger, and a love of socialism. You satisfy 3/4 criteria. Get on board.
Giving me 3/4 explains why I’ve always thought you a good man
I'd give you 3 as well.

No way I'd say you have wit though.

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Brew » July 28, 2018, 10:47 pm

Haha how many times was this posted during the David Furner era. You are wasting your time.
Go approach a player to get him sacked like Dave Furner did, it’s your only hope.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Pigman » July 28, 2018, 10:50 pm

Schifty wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:46 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:26 pm
Leebola wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
Nick, this needs humans of wit, passion, anger, and a love of socialism. You satisfy 3/4 criteria. Get on board.
Giving me 3/4 explains why I’ve always thought you a good man
I'd give you 3 as well.

No way I'd say you have wit though.
To Schifty: NEVER, EVER DISRESPECT PIGMAN AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1852
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Mickey_Raider » July 28, 2018, 10:53 pm

Brew wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:47 pm
Haha how many times was this posted during the David Furner era. You are wasting your time.
Go approach a player to get him sacked like Dave Furner did, it’s your only hope.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Anyone with "in Ricky We Trust" in his sig can sit this thread out, surely :lol:
Canberra Raiders: Est. 1982 .... 89,90,94

RAIDERS TILL I DIE!

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16141
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Schifty » July 28, 2018, 10:59 pm

Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:50 pm
Schifty wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:46 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:26 pm
Leebola wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
Nick, this needs humans of wit, passion, anger, and a love of socialism. You satisfy 3/4 criteria. Get on board.
Giving me 3/4 explains why I’ve always thought you a good man
I'd give you 3 as well.

No way I'd say you have wit though.
To Schifty: NEVER, EVER DISRESPECT PIGMAN AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE
:woot:

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16141
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Expressions of Interest RE: Protest

Post by Schifty » July 28, 2018, 10:59 pm

Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:50 pm
Schifty wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:46 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:26 pm
Leebola wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:23 pm
Pigman wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:16 pm
I wish you all the best
I can not go on this journey with you. The club does not value you, me or anyone who isn’t a family friend
Nick, this needs humans of wit, passion, anger, and a love of socialism. You satisfy 3/4 criteria. Get on board.
Giving me 3/4 explains why I’ve always thought you a good man
I'd give you 3 as well.

No way I'd say you have wit though.
To Schifty: NEVER, EVER DISRESPECT PIGMAN AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE
:woot:

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13625
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Question » July 29, 2018, 8:31 am

Next home game stand and turn your back to the game.

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13625
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Question » July 29, 2018, 8:32 am

Maybe drop the chopper out for the cameras.

User avatar
Question
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13625
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Question » July 29, 2018, 8:35 am

No fanbois gear, just dress in black, grim reaper mask optional.

LastRaider
Chris O'Sullivan
Posts: 916
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by LastRaider » July 29, 2018, 9:50 am

Vote by not renewing your membership next year, you can still support as normal but a loss in memberships for next year will be a sign the board cannot ignor


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Brew » July 29, 2018, 11:20 am

Mickey_Raider wrote:
Brew wrote:
July 28, 2018, 10:47 pm
Haha how many times was this posted during the David Furner era. You are wasting your time.
Go approach a player to get him sacked like Dave Furner did, it’s your only hope.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Anyone with "in Ricky We Trust" in his sig can sit this thread out, surely :lol:
Haha I didn’t even know I still had that. I pretty much use the app so don’t see my sig


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

FROG
Alan Tongue
Posts: 692
Joined: April 7, 2008, 8:14 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by FROG » July 29, 2018, 7:44 pm

How about everyone turn their backs on the game in the 25th minute of the next home game. Being the number of years since we've last made a grand final.

User avatar
Raider47
David Furner
Posts: 3029
Joined: April 15, 2009, 10:38 am
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki
Location: Canberra

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Raider47 » July 29, 2018, 8:21 pm

LastRaider wrote:
July 29, 2018, 9:50 am
a loss in memberships for next year will be a sign the board cannot ignor


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I wouldn't count on it. Those boneheads would have trouble spotting the sky.
"It's always been Canberra, I love playing for the Raiders"- Jarrod Croker
"We’re all really excited about what’s going on here at the Raiders"- Blake Austin
"I’m very happy to have signed this extension and I love playing footy in Canberra"- Jack Wighton
"I’ve been in Canberra for a while now and it’s become a home for me"- Josh Papalii
"“The ultimate goal is to win a premiership and get Canberra back on the pedestal they belong."- Sia Soliola
"The club was eager for me to stay and I was eager to stay as well because I love it here in Canberra."- Josh Hodgson

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by mamando » July 30, 2018, 9:36 am

As a start what about if as many of us as possible tweet @ some of the bigger NRL media names (SMH, Tele, Fox League, Nine) something to the effect of:

“Why is Stuart a protected species in the media? 1 streaky finals appearance in 5 seasons, no signs of measurable improvement. 90% of the fan base wants him out... yet media silence?”

I know journos are lazy these days, but if they see a bit of a theme one or two just might get an easy article out of it or look a bit deeper, and the snowball starts to roll???
Last edited by mamando on July 30, 2018, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by mamando » July 30, 2018, 9:38 am

It was fun watching him do it at the Sharks and the Eels, but I’m tired of him destroying the club I love.

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by mamando » July 30, 2018, 9:39 am

And seriously, every week and month counts - the longer his tenure is the more damage he will continue to do.

If he’s still in the gig when preseason rolls around, you can sure as **** write off 2019 before the calendar even turns over...

User avatar
hobbsy
Gary Coyne
Posts: 110
Joined: October 16, 2007, 10:38 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by hobbsy » July 30, 2018, 10:50 am

mamando wrote:
July 30, 2018, 9:36 am
As a start what about if as many of us as possible tweet @ some of the bigger NRL media names (SMH, Tele, Fox League, Nine) something to the effect of:

“Why is Stuart a protected species in the media? 1 streaky finals appearance in 5 seasons, no signs of measurable improvement. 90% of the fan base wants him out... yet media silence?”

I know journos are lazy these days, but if they see a bit of a theme one or two just might get an easy article out of it or look a bit deeper, and the snowball starts to roll???
I reckon this is nearly the best way to get things started. The media writes stories these days based off like 3 people writing comments in reddit or a hashtag on twitter. Flood social media with the questions and soon enough there will be talk about it and watch how many people jump on board when that happens.

User avatar
PerthRaider86
Alan Tongue
Posts: 664
Joined: May 23, 2014, 6:53 pm
Favourite Player: The 2016 Raiders
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by PerthRaider86 » July 30, 2018, 1:50 pm

Im in.... tho dont know how much i can do from Perth
Perth Based Raiders Fan

Cant wait for the Raiders to come back to WA !!!!!

Member of the 'Bad Supporters Club' :thumbsup

#SACKRICKY :rant :rant :rant

LastRaider
Chris O'Sullivan
Posts: 916
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by LastRaider » July 30, 2018, 2:11 pm

The only other thing you could do is if the GH wrote an open letter to the board. The GH represents over 700 members and so it would be a good start. Doesn’t need to be aggressive but just articulate smartly how we all feel


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by greeneyed » July 30, 2018, 2:55 pm

The Greenhouse site doesn't take positions on things like that. The forum is a place for Raiders fans to express their views and debate with other posters, that includes a full range of views. It is a common mistake that people make: conflating the views expressed by particular individuals with "the site". "The site" doesn't have views. I've seen some misleading material on Facebook of late, indicating that "The Greenhouse" is saying this or that.

Our Twitter feed put a position on the club song and "Highway to Hell"... and we did that after a poll showed an overwhelming view of our followers... but even that was controversial as some followers did not agree with the view. Our Twitter feed also engages in debate as a way of enhancing engagement... and while we might question and criticise decisions of NRL, we would not presume to represent views of the fans about the club.
Image

User avatar
gangrenous
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8341
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by gangrenous » July 30, 2018, 6:17 pm

Dear GE,
I hearby grant thee permission to use my small percentage of GH opinionship in support of a campaign requesting the improvement or suspension/removal the following entities from their current positions (no particular order):
* Greenburg
* Sutton
* Gould
* Tony Abbott
* Stuart - although he’s the only one on the list I like and want to be successful.

Signed,
Gangers

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 14944
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by T_R » July 30, 2018, 7:25 pm

gangrenous wrote:
July 30, 2018, 6:17 pm
Dear GE,
I hearby grant thee permission to use my small percentage of GH opinionship in support of a campaign requesting the improvement or suspension/removal the following entities from their current positions (no particular order):
* Greenburg
* Sutton
* Gould
* Tony Abbott
* Stuart - although he’s the only one on the list I like and want to be successful.

Signed,
Gangers ImageImage
I see the misunderstanding here.

The GH is fashioned after the Raiders membership model.

You can read, post bad culturally-misappropriating poetry and enjoy the high level production skills of The Greenhouse Live team, but you certainly can't vote, we ultimately don't give a a flying **** as your preferences when it comes to running the joint, and you couldn't be more wrong about 'opinioning a small percentage of the place', unless you changed GE's nappies.

But we look forward to your continued patronage, so long as you're the kind of member we want.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
gangrenous
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8341
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by gangrenous » July 30, 2018, 8:36 pm

I seem to be here every year even though the mods haven’t made the forum finals in living memory. I don’t want or expect things to change. I haven’t changed GE’s nappies, but I have nappy changing experience that is transferable.

I might be your guy.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by greeneyed » July 30, 2018, 8:44 pm

We're a premiership contender every year! No bigger single club supporters site in the NRL!
Image

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16141
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Protest: Expressions of Interest

Post by Schifty » July 30, 2018, 10:34 pm

T_R wrote:
July 30, 2018, 7:25 pm
gangrenous wrote:
July 30, 2018, 6:17 pm
Dear GE,
I hearby grant thee permission to use my small percentage of GH opinionship in support of a campaign requesting the improvement or suspension/removal the following entities from their current positions (no particular order):
* Greenburg
* Sutton
* Gould
* Tony Abbott
* Stuart - although he’s the only one on the list I like and want to be successful.

Signed,
Gangers ImageImage
I see the misunderstanding here.

The GH is fashioned after the Raiders membership model.

You can read, post bad culturally-misappropriating poetry and enjoy the high level production skills of The Greenhouse Live team, but you certainly can't vote, we ultimately don't give a a flying **** as your preferences when it comes to running the joint, and you couldn't be more wrong about 'opinioning a small percentage of the place', unless you changed GE's nappies.

But we look forward to your continued patronage, so long as you're the kind of member we want.
That's it I'm going back to twitter on a full time basis!

Post Reply