Preparing for 2019

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44773
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by The Nickman »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:
March 7, 2019, 5:54 am
Ricky Stuart’s secret plan to put an end to Raiders’ biggest flaw

In a bid to shake the unflattering “Faders” tag this year, the team has been running scenario-based drills under extreme fatigue.

The idea of training skills under fatigue is nothing new, but Stuart has implemented his own version at Raiders HQ as the team strives to play NRL finals for just the second time in seven years.


Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c61638f0e5
Second time in seven years... that's just plain disgusting.

Make no beefs about it, this is the worst period in our club's history, and with one of our more talented rosters too! It really is a massive shame.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8226
Joined: February 1, 2005, 10:34 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Woodgers »

Next year we'll be practicing closing out games under fatigue....with Steedens soaked in soapy water.

And in the next episode of bringing Rugby League back to the glory days, we explore different methods for applying vasoline to legs before kick off.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7943
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by gergreg »

The Rickman wrote:
LimeGreenMachine wrote:
March 7, 2019, 5:54 am
Ricky Stuart’s secret plan to put an end to Raiders’ biggest flaw

In a bid to shake the unflattering “Faders” tag this year, the team has been running scenario-based drills under extreme fatigue.

The idea of training skills under fatigue is nothing new, but Stuart has implemented his own version at Raiders HQ as the team strives to play NRL finals for just the second time in seven years.


Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c61638f0e5
Second time in seven years... that's just plain disgusting.

Make no beefs about it, this is the worst period in our club's history, and with one of our more talented rosters too! It really is a massive shame.
Cracks appearing in the positivity ship?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Rickmando
Alan Tongue
Posts: 680
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Rickmando »

The Rickman wrote:
March 7, 2019, 9:16 am
LimeGreenMachine wrote:
March 7, 2019, 5:54 am
Ricky Stuart’s secret plan to put an end to Raiders’ biggest flaw

In a bid to shake the unflattering “Faders” tag this year, the team has been running scenario-based drills under extreme fatigue.

The idea of training skills under fatigue is nothing new, but Stuart has implemented his own version at Raiders HQ as the team strives to play NRL finals for just the second time in seven years.


Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c61638f0e5
Second time in seven years... that's just plain disgusting.

Make no beefs about it, this is the worst period in our club's history, and with one of our more talented rosters too! It really is a massive shame.
Rickman - has your account been hacked?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44773
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
LimeGreenMachine wrote:
March 7, 2019, 5:54 am
Ricky Stuart’s secret plan to put an end to Raiders’ biggest flaw

In a bid to shake the unflattering “Faders” tag this year, the team has been running scenario-based drills under extreme fatigue.

The idea of training skills under fatigue is nothing new, but Stuart has implemented his own version at Raiders HQ as the team strives to play NRL finals for just the second time in seven years.


Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c61638f0e5
Second time in seven years... that's just plain disgusting.

Make no beefs about it, this is the worst period in our club's history, and with one of our more talented rosters too! It really is a massive shame.
Cracks appearing in the positivity ship?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Not at all. I’m fully confident in the team (and more importantly the coach) and their ability to get the job done this season

Doesn’t change the past though, the last six years is the worst period in our club’s history


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 33420
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Matt »

gangrenous wrote:
March 7, 2019, 6:52 am
Johno wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
March 6, 2019, 8:08 pm
Canberra Raiders small forwards could be exposed in 2019, says Anthony Griffin

Unfortunately, the Canberra Raiders look decidedly undermanned in the front row going into the 2019 season. The Raiders will be under pressure from the outset, desperate to avoid last year’s slow start that ultimately left them five wins outside the top eight.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 89d9d0eb24
"Running for the second-least metres of all clubs in the competition last year"

Exposed? Not a lot of room to fall Griffin, unlike yourself.
Yeah, strange logic. Our forwards we’re getting owned. I’m all for trying something different!
Yet we scored the 2nd most pts.
Not really seeing the problem Mr Griffin?!?

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders season preview: Brett Kimmorley and Geoff Toovey join Zac Bailey to preview the Canberra Raiders' 2019 season: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/07/rai ... nrl-teams/

Kimmorley and Toovey predict a finish lower than 10th.

Top eight predictions: NRL.com experts have their say: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/07/top ... their-say/

Raiders mentioned four times there...
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

Mick Ennis about to preview the Canberra Raiders season on NRL 360.
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

Fox Sports Lab have us finishing eighth.
Image

julian87
Laurie Daley
Posts: 11779
Joined: October 20, 2005, 3:35 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote:
March 7, 2019, 6:12 pm
Fox Sports Lab have us finishing eighth.
I thought they’d have us 16th
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19046
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote:
March 7, 2019, 6:12 pm
Fox Sports Lab have us finishing eighth.
I'll take it...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13410
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote:
March 7, 2019, 3:38 pm
Raiders season preview: Brett Kimmorley and Geoff Toovey join Zac Bailey to preview the Canberra Raiders' 2019 season: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/07/rai ... nrl-teams/

Kimmorley and Toovey predict a finish lower than 10th.

Top eight predictions: NRL.com experts have their say: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/07/top ... their-say/

Raiders mentioned four times there...
Anyone who says we will miss Austin can't have watched us very closely last year.

User avatar
LimeGreenMachine
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 502
Joined: January 5, 2019, 10:09 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Did anyone here the boys on NRL360 talk about J.Bateman. If the talk rings true we have a gem of a player.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk


User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4787
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Dusty »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:Did anyone here the boys on NRL360 talk about J.Bateman. If the talk rings true we have a gem of a player.

Sent from my SM-N960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yep.
Exactly what I said months ago. My
Pommy source knows his stuff


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

You just have to have watched him play for England and Wigan... I have no doubt he's a great signing. I was surprised that he didn't seem that big when I saw him at the Fan Day. He seems bigger on the field. But I've no doubt he's going to be very good for us. Hopefully, he'll settle into life in Australia well.
Image

User avatar
Lui_Bon
David Furner
Posts: 3482
Joined: June 3, 2009, 4:07 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Lui_Bon »

greeneyed wrote:
March 7, 2019, 8:33 pm
You just have to have watched him play for England and Wigan... I have no doubt he's a great signing. I was surprised that he didn't seem that big when I saw him at the Fan Day. He seems bigger on the field. But I've no doubt he's going to be very good for us. Hopefully, he'll settle into life in Australia well.
It seems no-one in Australia has ever done that....
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

I'm not sure that's true... he played in the 2017 World Cup in Australia for a start!
Image

User avatar
Lui_Bon
David Furner
Posts: 3482
Joined: June 3, 2009, 4:07 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Lui_Bon »

But was anyone in the meeja watching?
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

Every club’s rising star set to join NRL’s elite in 2019

RAIDERS

Nick Cotric

It is hard to believe the Raiders’ flyer is still only 20, as Cotric has been regarded a NSW player in the making since his debut season in 2017. Cotric has played every game for the Raiders in the past two seasons, scoring 28 tries in 48 games for the ‘Green Machine’.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... nt=control
Image

User avatar
BadnMean
David Furner
Posts: 3257
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote:
March 8, 2019, 2:04 pm
Every club’s rising star set to join NRL’s elite in 2019

RAIDERS

Nick Cotric

It is hard to believe the Raiders’ flyer is still only 20, as Cotric has been regarded a NSW player in the making since his debut season in 2017. Cotric has played every game for the Raiders in the past two seasons, scoring 28 tries in 48 games for the ‘Green Machine’.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... nt=control
Pretty safe/lazy pick by Fox. Would have been bold and prescient to make that call last year- that he'd back it up and go from strength to strength. He's already a star on the verge of origin- are they saying he's going to completely tear the comp apart ala Rapana ? That'd be nice but it's about the only step up he can make as a winger!

Predicting whether BJ will finally get defence sorted and be the full package or if Bateman will translate- they are picks.

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7433
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by Sid »

BadnMean wrote:
March 8, 2019, 3:29 pm
greeneyed wrote:
March 8, 2019, 2:04 pm
Every club’s rising star set to join NRL’s elite in 2019

RAIDERS

Nick Cotric

It is hard to believe the Raiders’ flyer is still only 20, as Cotric has been regarded a NSW player in the making since his debut season in 2017. Cotric has played every game for the Raiders in the past two seasons, scoring 28 tries in 48 games for the ‘Green Machine’.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... nt=control
Pretty safe/lazy pick by Fox. Would have been bold and prescient to make that call last year- that he'd back it up and go from strength to strength. He's already a star on the verge of origin- are they saying he's going to completely tear the comp apart ala Rapana ? That'd be nice but it's about the only step up he can make as a winger!

Predicting whether BJ will finally get defence sorted and be the full package or if Bateman will translate- they are picks.
I don't think it has to be a bold pick, just the most accurate one.

BJ was centre of the year last year, so he's already there really
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130719
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Preparing for 2019

Post by greeneyed »

Your club's rookie to watch in 2019

Canberra Raiders

Emre Guler made his NRL debut in round 23 last season and didn't look out of place in the top grade with a high work rate in limited minutes.

"I just know I've got to keep building and get better to earn a few more games this year," Guler said. "I want to get a start and play some consistent footy. My debut last year got my foot in the door with experience so it's a start for me but I want to cement a spot now."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/09/you ... h-in-2019/
Image

Post Reply