Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30340
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Matt » July 23, 2018, 2:47 pm

ABC Grandstand has put out a request:

"Are there any Canberra Raiders fans based in Sydney that can make it to the ABC Ultimo building this Thursday 12pm-1pm?

Please message the Grandstand Facebook page to get in touch."

ABC Grandstand Facebook link here: https://www.facebook.com/543188197/post ... 936483198/

I have posted it to the GH Facebook page too.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30340
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Matt » July 23, 2018, 3:08 pm

@Brew,

Cheers for the recon.

So, Grandstand are doing something they do with every NRL club called 'fan café' where they go Facebook live and record a one hour show with fans.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 23, 2018, 3:20 pm

I wonder why they've suddenly decided to do the Raiders?
Image

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15528
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by -PJ- » July 23, 2018, 3:27 pm

greeneyed wrote:
July 23, 2018, 3:20 pm
I wonder why they've suddenly decided to do the Raiders?
Yeah the mind boggles...

What has happened in the past few days that has prompted interest in that far away club no one cares about ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 23, 2018, 3:55 pm

Yep I’ll be on, there is another support confirmed not sure who.
I thought it was going to be a rant about the Refs and NRL but it isn’t...as far as I know.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16141
Joined: March 14, 2010, 4:00 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Schifty » July 23, 2018, 4:37 pm

Shame Pigman doesn't live in Sydney, that would have been amazing.

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by bonehead » July 23, 2018, 4:58 pm

Schifty wrote:Shame Pigman doesn't live in Sydney, that would have been amazing.
maybe he can truck his forklift up the Hume? after he gets permission from his mrs of course

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by mamando » July 24, 2018, 1:23 pm

Finally a chance for someone to call for Ricky’s head in the media... maybe the momentum starts here??

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by bonehead » July 24, 2018, 1:35 pm

mamando wrote:Finally a chance for someone to call for Ricky’s head in the media... maybe the momentum starts here??
hahaha brew is a sticky love child

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by mamando » July 24, 2018, 1:43 pm

bonehead wrote:
July 24, 2018, 1:35 pm
mamando wrote:Finally a chance for someone to call for Ricky’s head in the media... maybe the momentum starts here??
hahaha brew is a sticky love child

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
They’ll have a few fans on won’t they? Would be the quietest “cafe” in Sydney with only Brew there!

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by bonehead » July 24, 2018, 1:49 pm

mamando wrote:
bonehead wrote:
July 24, 2018, 1:35 pm
mamando wrote:Finally a chance for someone to call for Ricky’s head in the media... maybe the momentum starts here??
hahaha brew is a sticky love child

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
They’ll have a few fans on won’t they? Would be the quietest “cafe” in Sydney with only Brew there!
brew and 1 other

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 24, 2018, 3:20 pm

No chance of me calling for Sticky’s Head. He has done so much for this club just needs a little luck.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Pigman » July 24, 2018, 3:36 pm

bonehead wrote:
July 23, 2018, 4:58 pm
Schifty wrote:Shame Pigman doesn't live in Sydney, that would have been amazing.
maybe he can truck his forklift up the Hume? after he gets permission from his mrs of course

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What a strange post.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by bonehead » July 24, 2018, 4:27 pm

Pigman wrote:
bonehead wrote:
July 23, 2018, 4:58 pm
Schifty wrote:Shame Pigman doesn't live in Sydney, that would have been amazing.
maybe he can truck his forklift up the Hume? after he gets permission from his mrs of course

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What a strange post.
where's my bite?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3060
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by BJ » July 24, 2018, 4:52 pm

I would be interested to know whether ABC Chief League expert Mathew Elliot thinks he got worse decisions from referees and/or less support from the NRL when he was Raiders coach ‘compared to other teams he coached’.

A few Ex players who played for both Raiders and other NRL teams told me they were 100% sure they got a worse deal from the refs when at the Raiders compared to the other NRL teams they played for.

I won’t give names, but two of them have actually captained the Raiders. Another had played for at least four teams and said he was shocked the way the refs treated the Raiders when he was there.

Ricky Stuart thinks the Raiders get treated differently, but it won’t hold any water unless others who have been at multiple clubs also hold this view.

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by mamando » July 24, 2018, 5:46 pm

BJ wrote:
July 24, 2018, 4:52 pm
I would be interested to know whether ABC Chief League expert Mathew Elliot thinks he got worse decisions from referees and/or less support from the NRL when he was Raiders coach ‘compared to other teams he coached’.

A few Ex players who played for both Raiders and other NRL teams told me they were 100% sure they got a worse deal from the refs when at the Raiders compared to the other NRL teams they played for.

I won’t give names, but two of them have actually captained the Raiders. Another had played for at least four teams and said he was shocked the way the refs treated the Raiders when he was there.

Ricky Stuart thinks the Raiders get treated differently, but it won’t hold any water unless others who have been at multiple clubs also hold this view.
I’m not having a go at you personally BJ, because this is a strong theme on the GH.... but I think this sentiment misses the point, and is ultimately somewhat futile? Even if it could be proved, what would/could be done about it?

All this thinking does is take the focus off all the things the Raiders do unprofessionally and at a lower level than other clubs in our competition.

There are many, many objective/measurable things in-house that should be addressed before we put our energy into investigating external, subjective factors that may or may not happen and are out of our control.

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16659
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by edwahu » July 24, 2018, 6:28 pm

Elliot didn't exactly coach the high profile teams you'd expect to get better calls.

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Pigman » July 24, 2018, 6:39 pm

bonehead wrote:
July 24, 2018, 4:27 pm
Pigman wrote:
bonehead wrote:
July 23, 2018, 4:58 pm
Schifty wrote:Shame Pigman doesn't live in Sydney, that would have been amazing.
maybe he can truck his forklift up the Hume? after he gets permission from his mrs of course

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
What a strange post.
where's my bite?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Bite?
I'm not following.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 26, 2018, 2:01 pm

Did anyone watch?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12646
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by bonehead » July 26, 2018, 2:03 pm

Brew wrote:Did anyone watch?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
watch what?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 26, 2018, 2:07 pm

ABC Grandstand show with Raiders fans on Facebook Live. The show will be broadcast on radio on Saturday as well.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust


User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 26, 2018, 3:29 pm

They actually told us they had asked Todd Greenberg to do a surprise visit in the middle of the broadcast which he would of done except he had flown out to Singapore today


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 26, 2018, 4:18 pm

Brew wrote:
July 26, 2018, 3:29 pm
They actually told us they had asked Todd Greenberg to do a surprise visit in the middle of the broadcast which he would of done except he had flown out to Singapore today


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Convenient.
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 26, 2018, 4:38 pm

Just watching it now... Brew isn't getting much of a go!
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 26, 2018, 4:49 pm

Brew still not getting much of a go!
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 26, 2018, 5:03 pm

Well I did not know that Sam Williams is engaged to Ashley Gilbert's daughter!
Image

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 26, 2018, 6:50 pm

Haha I was pocket referee.
Was happy to play second fiddle Dennis is very passionate about the City of Canberra and more media savvy than me


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 26, 2018, 6:52 pm

Brew wrote:
July 26, 2018, 6:50 pm
Haha I was pocket referee.
Was happy to play second fiddle Dennis is very passionate about the City of Canberra and more media savvy than me


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Your appearances on The Greenhouse Live give lie to that!
Image

User avatar
Greedysmurf
David Grant
Posts: 776
Joined: April 6, 2008, 5:50 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: London, UK

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Greedysmurf » July 26, 2018, 8:13 pm

Who is Dennis? Clearly he’s experienced in the media.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119885
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by greeneyed » July 26, 2018, 8:15 pm

Denis Carnahan... Rugby League The Musical...
Image

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6452
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Brew » July 26, 2018, 8:24 pm

Greedysmurf wrote:Who is Dennis? Clearly he’s experienced in the media.
He does Rugby League the musical. I believe he also does online radio commentary for the Newtown Jets games (or maybe NSW Cup games in general).


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
Greedysmurf
David Grant
Posts: 776
Joined: April 6, 2008, 5:50 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: London, UK

Re: Sydney Raiders fans, ABC Grandstand wants you

Post by Greedysmurf » July 26, 2018, 10:46 pm

greeneyed wrote:
July 26, 2018, 8:15 pm
Denis Carnahan... Rugby League The Musical...
Brew wrote:
July 26, 2018, 8:24 pm
He does Rugby League the musical. I believe he also does online radio commentary for the Newtown Jets games (or maybe NSW Cup games in general).
Thanks gents!

Post Reply