Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6429
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Brew » July 11, 2018, 9:46 am

I find it quite remarkable that he has a family of 4 and he had an offer to go to Parramatta where all his family support is and it’s the club he grew up supporting as a kid only to knock them back and move his whole family to England over a conversation with Price.
They guy must be a good talker.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
Timbo
John Ferguson
Posts: 2693
Joined: January 6, 2005, 9:42 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Here

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Timbo » July 11, 2018, 10:46 am

Brew wrote:
July 11, 2018, 9:46 am
I find it quite remarkable that he has a family of 4 and he had an offer to go to Parramatta where all his family support is and it’s the club he grew up supporting as a kid only to knock them back and move his whole family to England over a conversation with Price.
They guy must be a good talker.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I dunno, he's 27, I assume his wife is a similar age. Warrington will do all of the heavy lifting in the move, and I daresay they'd be sharp enough to know this is really their only chance to live overseas for a few years.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.

User avatar
PerthRaider86
Alan Tongue
Posts: 663
Joined: May 23, 2014, 6:53 pm
Favourite Player: The 2016 Raiders
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by PerthRaider86 » July 11, 2018, 12:31 pm

I took away from the interview that Gillian wanted to move overseas more than blake did. Not saying blake didnt want to move but he did say to his agent that he didnt want to go to ESL
Perth Based Raiders Fan

Cant wait for the Raiders to come back to WA !!!!!

Member of the 'Bad Supporters Club' :thumbsup

#SACKRICKY :rant :rant :rant

User avatar
Love4Noa
Chris O'Sullivan
Posts: 975
Joined: April 23, 2008, 1:50 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Love4Noa » July 11, 2018, 7:09 pm

Arnie wrote:
July 10, 2018, 9:18 am
Not a bad Halves pairing with Tyrone Roberts if he stays
Not staying. Is on his way back to the Gold Coast.

The basket case that was the Titans are now forward planning, they've played this year figuring out positions and they're having a good player return to play a good role.

Canberra on the other hand - signed some bloke from Super League.

****

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22104
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Pigman » July 11, 2018, 7:35 pm

You cant possibly be referencing Tyrone Roberts as a good player, can you Noa?
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 28939
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by -TW- » July 11, 2018, 7:54 pm

Pigman wrote:You cant possibly be referencing Tyrone Roberts as a good player, can you Noa?
Glad I wasn't the only one who had a double take at that

User avatar
Coastalraider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1241
Joined: May 31, 2015, 7:25 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Coastalraider » July 11, 2018, 7:55 pm

-TW- wrote:
July 11, 2018, 7:54 pm
Pigman wrote:You cant possibly be referencing Tyrone Roberts as a good player, can you Noa?
Glad I wasn't the only one who had a double take at that
Solid player. He isn’t that different from Sezer, but a step up on Elfey and Cartwright that they have had in the halves this year.

The big difference is Roberts would be paired with Ash Taylor - Sezer is paired with - Sam Williams??

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 28965
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by dubby » July 11, 2018, 8:02 pm

-TW- wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him over there for a year or 2 and then come back to Parra

He'll end up dominating that comp and they'll come knocking with the $$ he was after
the esl was only offer or option he has. No NRL club was really keen because the dude can't defend

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22104
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Pigman » July 11, 2018, 9:06 pm

Coastalraider wrote:
July 11, 2018, 7:55 pm
-TW- wrote:
July 11, 2018, 7:54 pm
Pigman wrote:You cant possibly be referencing Tyrone Roberts as a good player, can you Noa?
Glad I wasn't the only one who had a double take at that
Solid player. He isn’t that different from Sezer, but a step up on Elfey and Cartwright that they have had in the halves this year.

The big difference is Roberts would be paired with Ash Taylor - Sezer is paired with - Sam Williams??
Tyrone Roberts is straight up garbage
Sam Williams is absolutely a better footballer than Roberts
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
InFernos_Raiders
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 317
Joined: May 24, 2014, 1:00 am
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 18 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by InFernos_Raiders » July 12, 2018, 2:32 am

Austin refuses Eels deal to sign with Warrington.

Canberra Raiders playmaker Blake Austin signs deal to play in English Super League with Warrington Wolves

BLAKE Austin intends to end his rugby league career in the English Super League after inking a three-year deal with Warrington.

“(The Eels) were an option and one I considered pretty heavily. I would have been 10 minutes from mum and dad and I supported the club as a kid. “But weighing everything up, I’m really excited about heading to the Super League and seeing what it’s all about.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 9497f11eab

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21083
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Seiffert82 » July 12, 2018, 3:48 am

Pigman wrote:
July 11, 2018, 9:06 pm
Coastalraider wrote:
July 11, 2018, 7:55 pm
-TW- wrote:
July 11, 2018, 7:54 pm
Pigman wrote:You cant possibly be referencing Tyrone Roberts as a good player, can you Noa?
Glad I wasn't the only one who had a double take at that
Solid player. He isn’t that different from Sezer, but a step up on Elfey and Cartwright that they have had in the halves this year.

The big difference is Roberts would be paired with Ash Taylor - Sezer is paired with - Sam Williams??
Tyrone Roberts is straight up garbage
Sam Williams is absolutely a better footballer than Roberts
We're the only opposition that can make Roberts look like a superstar.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 28939
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by -TW- » July 13, 2018, 6:43 pm

The Canberra Raiders - Making David Simmons look like a superstar since 1982

Bay53
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5207
Joined: March 11, 2007, 9:35 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Bay53 » July 13, 2018, 6:50 pm

Brew wrote:
July 11, 2018, 9:46 am
I find it quite remarkable that he has a family of 4 and he had an offer to go to Parramatta where all his family support is and it’s the club he grew up supporting as a kid only to knock them back and move his whole family to England over a conversation with Price.
They guy must be a good talker.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I am tipping the offer from Warrington was significantly more $ and/or a longer term.

RedRaider
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6646
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: 2018 Rd 18 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by RedRaider » July 14, 2018, 2:01 am

InFernos_Raiders wrote:
July 12, 2018, 2:32 am
Austin refuses Eels deal to sign with Warrington.

Canberra Raiders playmaker Blake Austin signs deal to play in English Super League with Warrington Wolves

BLAKE Austin intends to end his rugby league career in the English Super League after inking a three-year deal with Warrington.

“(The Eels) were an option and one I considered pretty heavily. I would have been 10 minutes from mum and dad and I supported the club as a kid. “But weighing everything up, I’m really excited about heading to the Super League and seeing what it’s all about.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 9497f11eab
I am tipping a big first year for Blake with Warrington - just like for us.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15379
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by -PJ- » July 14, 2018, 7:10 am

-TW- wrote:
July 13, 2018, 6:43 pm
The Canberra Raiders - Making David Simmons look like a superstar since 1982
And Ben Pomeroy....
And Adam Elliott...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
Sid
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5531
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Sid » July 14, 2018, 10:30 am

Rhys Martin last week


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017

gergreg
Jason Croker
Posts: 4959
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by gergreg » July 15, 2018, 8:29 am

Gotta ask. Has Blake been 'phoning it in' over the last 18 months?
Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
BJ
David Furner
Posts: 3038
Joined: February 2, 2007, 12:14 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by BJ » July 15, 2018, 8:35 am

gergreg wrote:Gotta ask. Has Blake been 'phoning it in' over the last 18 months?
I feel he’s someone who’s never got totally on top of the mental side of the game. He definitely has all the physical attributes required, but only seems to be able to play his best when his confidence is sky high or after he’s been burnt with something to prove.

Players need to be able to perform in that middle ground which are 75% of your season.

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3794
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Raiders666 » July 15, 2018, 9:33 am

gergreg wrote:
July 15, 2018, 8:29 am
Gotta ask. Has Blake been 'phoning it in' over the last 18 months?
Yes....Yes he has

User avatar
Love4Noa
Chris O'Sullivan
Posts: 975
Joined: April 23, 2008, 1:50 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Love4Noa » July 15, 2018, 12:18 pm

Still the biggest x Factor we have.

Such a mistake having him leave.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 28939
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by -TW- » July 15, 2018, 12:36 pm

It's really not

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16494
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by edwahu » July 15, 2018, 12:37 pm

Love4Noa wrote:
July 15, 2018, 12:18 pm
Still the biggest x Factor we have.

Such a mistake having him leave.
What's your take on his defense?

User avatar
CJ42
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12638
Joined: April 12, 2011, 5:13 pm

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by CJ42 » July 15, 2018, 12:50 pm

Love4Noa wrote:
July 15, 2018, 12:18 pm
Still the biggest x Factor we have.

Such a mistake having him leave.
Rapana and Cotric say hi.
Image

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3794
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Raiders666 » July 15, 2018, 1:39 pm

Love4Noa wrote:
July 15, 2018, 12:18 pm
Still the biggest x Factor we have.

Such a mistake having him leave.
:roflmao

User avatar
KingDynamite
David Grant
Posts: 713
Joined: May 17, 2012, 9:41 pm
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by KingDynamite » July 15, 2018, 1:43 pm

I’m looking forward to watching Austin pleating in the ESL. If he reproduces his 2015 form wowee. It would be great to watch
Image

User avatar
Captain Punish
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1037
Joined: June 24, 2017, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Tarps

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by Captain Punish » July 15, 2018, 2:00 pm

£350,000 ($630,000), 3 year deal, 1 year extra in Blake's favour, release clause during first year only or after 3rd.

House and moving costs and business class flights for parents to travel over once a year covered by club.

Parra's contract although semi decent came with a tonne of previously undiscussed clauses that were all in Parra's favour and Blake and manager had the Warrington one land the same day, so he took it.

Not bad at all.


Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


sprintman
Simon Woolford
Posts: 411
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: Blake Austin signs with Warrington Wolves

Post by sprintman » July 15, 2018, 6:23 pm

Wife really wanted to go. Happy wife, happy life

Post Reply