2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

gergreg
Jason Croker
Posts: 4967
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by gergreg » June 14, 2018, 12:20 pm

Any reason why we can't improve in both areas?

I am as disappointed as anyone with the attendance at live games. I honestly don't know how it can be fixed but improving the game day experience might help. I go to games by myself but for families it isn't that cheap and there is roughly an hour and a half of entertainment on offer. I can take my kids/family to a movie that goes for that long for about 30 dollars. We're talking a $100 for the family at the football for one game. We don't seem to care about attendance figures because we got the billion dollar tv deal.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1097
Joined: February 25, 2013, 5:08 pm
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by scotchberry » June 14, 2018, 12:36 pm

I agree regarding the game day experience. It costs a fortune for some people and there individual situations - especially once you add a few kids on top.
Not being an expert of the game I much prefer the at home experience as well as opposed to going to a match - I like the comfort of my recliner, temperature controlled room, benefit of replays, being able to see slow motion and commentary (although debatable), cheaper and quick refills in the fridge, able to press pause for a bathroom break and not miss anything, not having people walk across me mid game to go somewhere, not having some opposition supporter disagree with me, and most importantly I don’t have to spend a couple hrs battling crowds to get home after the match - in saying all that I would most definitely be a season ticket holder if I lived in Canberra.

Having a $billion tv deal is one thing, but from what I read the games biggest threat is the decreasing number of junior participation, rising junior costs, bigger bodies in age groups, inroads of AFL into league sanctuaries, collapse of bush teams - not to mention people who turn off the game through the state of the refferring and the never ending salary cap fiasco system. NRL clubs going broke.

Wasn’t there something recently about the game being denied a loan last season because they ran out of TV money ?

I would think that if the Toronto Wolfpack collapsed tomorrow then that would have no bearing on the state of the game going forward. But if the NRL lost a team that would cause all sorts of problems going forward for them.

I’m all for growing the game, don’t get me wrong.

My point is that at this stage we should be concentrating on turning around the problems at home first, building on the good work from last seasons World Cup with the islander nations - before we start trying mission impossible into another market.

User avatar
100%green
Don Furner
Posts: 8139
Joined: June 7, 2006, 11:20 pm
Location: Belconnen

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by 100%green » June 14, 2018, 1:17 pm

scotchberry wrote:I agree regarding the game day experience. It costs a fortune for some people and there individual situations - especially once you add a few kids on top.
Not being an expert of the game I much prefer the at home experience as well as opposed to going to a match - I like the comfort of my recliner, temperature controlled room, benefit of replays, being able to see slow motion and commentary (although debatable), cheaper and quick refills in the fridge, able to press pause for a bathroom break and not miss anything, not having people walk across me mid game to go somewhere, not having some opposition supporter disagree with me, and most importantly I don’t have to spend a couple hrs battling crowds to get home after the match - in saying all that I would most definitely be a season ticket holder if I lived in Canberra.

Having a $billion tv deal is one thing, but from what I read the games biggest threat is the decreasing number of junior participation, rising junior costs, bigger bodies in age groups, inroads of AFL into league sanctuaries, collapse of bush teams - not to mention people who turn off the game through the state of the refferring and the never ending salary cap fiasco system. NRL clubs going broke.

Wasn’t there something recently about the game being denied a loan last season because they ran out of TV money ?

I would think that if the Toronto Wolfpack collapsed tomorrow then that would have no bearing on the state of the game going forward. But if the NRL lost a team that would cause all sorts of problems going forward for them.

I’m all for growing the game, don’t get me wrong.

My point is that at this stage we should be concentrating on turning around the problems at home first, building on the good work from last seasons World Cup with the islander nations - before we start trying mission impossible into another market.
As stated before though the RLWC is in the US in 2025. The game needs to start getting people exposed to it now not later. That's why the NRL is trying to open the season there in 2019.

I agree more needs to be done here after last year's RLWC. I think a Pac series at the end of this year would be huge but they've missed that. As I said in a previous post. Stop the NRL and ESL for 3 weeks to have Origin and internationals... in a few years it will be a big part of the year and give the players and the game more revenue.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1165
Joined: January 25, 2007, 10:33 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker
Location: Sydney

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by hrundi89 » June 14, 2018, 1:36 pm

scotchberry wrote:
June 14, 2018, 11:56 am
hrundi89 wrote:
June 14, 2018, 11:42 am
scotchberry wrote:
June 14, 2018, 10:56 am
People saying that Wolfpack are getting like 8000 people turn up to a game - that’s the equivalent of about a crowd of 10 Aussies turning up to an exhibition curling match in Canberra - hardly going to sustain the international sport for generations to come.
I don't get your logic with this comment?

It's better than the attendance at Raiders home games, when you factor in the low profile of the sport.
Having 8,000 people turn up to a game in a country of 320,000,000 isn’t exactly making an indent into the market that is American Sports and is insufficient enough to make an impact on the state of the game for the rest of the world.

8,000 people turning up for Toronto has zero impact on the world game, likewise the curling reference in Australia.

If the Toronto Wolfpack didn’t exist the state of Rugby a league would be no different, if an NRL club folded with no immediate replacement the game in Australia would suffer big time

I’ve just realised that the Toronto Wolfpack is actually in Canada so that’s my bad though.
Toronto is in Canada. Did you really not know that?
The population of Canada is 36 million.
The population of Australia is 25 million.

Given that the NRL is one of the biggest sports in this country, and that league is ranked below hockey, baseball, football, CFL, basketball, rugby union, blah blah blah, I'd suggest that averaging 8,000 a game is pretty damn impressive.

It's only their second year. They will likely be in the Super League next year.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.

scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1097
Joined: February 25, 2013, 5:08 pm
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by scotchberry » June 14, 2018, 2:51 pm

hrundi89 wrote:
June 14, 2018, 1:36 pm
scotchberry wrote:
June 14, 2018, 11:56 am
hrundi89 wrote:
June 14, 2018, 11:42 am
scotchberry wrote:
June 14, 2018, 10:56 am
People saying that Wolfpack are getting like 8000 people turn up to a game - that’s the equivalent of about a crowd of 10 Aussies turning up to an exhibition curling match in Canberra - hardly going to sustain the international sport for generations to come.
I don't get your logic with this comment?

It's better than the attendance at Raiders home games, when you factor in the low profile of the sport.
Having 8,000 people turn up to a game in a country of 320,000,000 isn’t exactly making an indent into the market that is American Sports and is insufficient enough to make an impact on the state of the game for the rest of the world.

8,000 people turning up for Toronto has zero impact on the world game, likewise the curling reference in Australia.

If the Toronto Wolfpack didn’t exist the state of Rugby a league would be no different, if an NRL club folded with no immediate replacement the game in Australia would suffer big time

I’ve just realised that the Toronto Wolfpack is actually in Canada so that’s my bad though.
Toronto is in Canada. Did you really not know that?
The population of Canada is 36 million.
The population of Australia is 25 million.

Given that the NRL is one of the biggest sports in this country, and that league is ranked below hockey, baseball, football, CFL, basketball, rugby union, blah blah blah, I'd suggest that averaging 8,000 a game is pretty damn impressive.

It's only their second year. They will likely be in the Super League next year.
As was pointed out at the end of my reply I stated that I realised that Toronto was indeed in Canada and I made a mistake and got caught up in the America/Denver hype.

It can be as impressive as all it wants to be regarding other sports in the country and I certainly give congratulations to the administrators of that team and the people in what they are achieving - but the game ain’t stealing no kid who has college scholarships in his dreams - good luck to them.

User avatar
gangrenous
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8269
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by gangrenous » June 14, 2018, 5:54 pm

gergreg wrote:Any reason why we can't improve in both areas?
Finite resources.

I love that the Wolfpack is a reason for holding a test 2500kms away. It’s like how that game the NRL took to Alice Springs was part of a strategy to grow the game with fans in Perth.

As has been said by others, following the last World Cup there is opportunity to build the game in more likely locations with a coherent strategy. This game appears to be part of neither.

raiderskater
John Ferguson
Posts: 2221
Joined: July 26, 2015, 8:24 pm
Favourite Player: Croker, Wighton, Baptiste
Location: The Land of Lime Green

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by raiderskater » June 14, 2018, 7:08 pm

RedRaider wrote:
June 13, 2018, 7:32 pm
gergreg wrote:
June 13, 2018, 6:08 pm
Florida being a dump and similar weather to Darwin are possible reasons not to play there. The Dolphins rarely sell out their stadium because it's a holiday town and the weather means people would rather be doing stuff; beach, golf and doing stupid things with alligators. Half a dozen Poms would have heatstroke.
Rugby League is played in Townsville early in the season, which is in the tropics. No part of Florida is in the Tropics.

I can't find any official explanation of 'why Denver'.
Perhaps for the entertainment factor? Everyone going all keen-bean and then suddenly altitude?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)

scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1097
Joined: February 25, 2013, 5:08 pm
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by scotchberry » June 14, 2018, 7:10 pm

gangrenous wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:54 pm
gergreg wrote:Any reason why we can't improve in both areas?
Finite resources.

I love that the Wolfpack is a reason for holding a test 2500kms away. It’s like how that game the NRL took to Alice Springs was part of a strategy to grow the game with fans in Perth.

As has been said by others, following the last World Cup there is opportunity to build the game in more likely locations with a coherent strategy. This game appears to be part of neither.
Taking a game somewhere is one thing, unless you are actually going to help establish growing and supportive pathways as well there is no point.

Take the test to one of the Islands.

* Build a 5,000 seat Grandstand
* Take 20,000 footballs, tackling bags and witches hats over there
* announce a fully funding schools sports Mod-League program through-out the entire country

Announce that in conjunction with Local Government you plan to:

* work towards getting full-time national broadcast of the NRL into the nation
* work towards being able to establish and field a NSW/Intrust Cup team
* works towards bringing NRL games each season to the region.

Not to mention during the week the game will be front and back page news, first story each nightly bulletin, thousands at the airport, packed ground for open training sessions and long lines of autograph sessions.

What the hell are we going to do in Denver ?

Hope that the US college system announces a multi-million dollar scholarship and league program and knock “Mike and Mike” off of prime-time ?

The only way the game even makes the news over there would be the last minute of the telecast because there is a riot at the ground.
Last edited by scotchberry on June 14, 2018, 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 28973
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by dubby » June 14, 2018, 7:21 pm

gangrenous wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:54 pm
gergreg wrote:Any reason why we can't improve in both areas?
Finite resources.

I love that the Wolfpack is a reason for holding a test 2500kms away. It’s like how that game the NRL took to Alice Springs was part of a strategy to grow the game with fans in Perth.

As has been said by others, following the last World Cup there is opportunity to build the game in more likely locations with a coherent strategy. This game appears to be part of neither.
Reverting to sarcasm doesn't enhance your point. :)

It's ok to disagree, gangers.

But there are people who see the positives to this, and that's ok too.
Image

User avatar
gangrenous
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8269
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by gangrenous » June 14, 2018, 8:38 pm

Sure it’s okay to disagree. Doesn’t stop this from being a **** “strategy”.

Besides, Sarcasm always enhances my points.

User avatar
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1165
Joined: January 25, 2007, 10:33 pm
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker
Location: Sydney

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by hrundi89 » June 15, 2018, 9:56 am

Wasn't the Denver thing supposed to be a Union thing which then got nixed due to some issue with the Union.

From there the promoter then opened their wallet and asked the league teams and here we are?

It's not like there was a strategic decision made by the RLIF to make a real breakthrough in Colorado...?
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.

RedRaider
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6658
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by RedRaider » June 15, 2018, 1:04 pm

raiderskater wrote:
June 14, 2018, 7:08 pm
RedRaider wrote:
June 13, 2018, 7:32 pm
gergreg wrote:
June 13, 2018, 6:08 pm
Florida being a dump and similar weather to Darwin are possible reasons not to play there. The Dolphins rarely sell out their stadium because it's a holiday town and the weather means people would rather be doing stuff; beach, golf and doing stupid things with alligators. Half a dozen Poms would have heatstroke.
Rugby League is played in Townsville early in the season, which is in the tropics. No part of Florida is in the Tropics.

I can't find any official explanation of 'why Denver'.
Perhaps for the entertainment factor? Everyone going all keen-bean and then suddenly altitude?
Yes raiderskater, the Denver location for this game is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma

RedRaider
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6658
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by RedRaider » June 15, 2018, 1:12 pm

hrundi89 wrote:
June 15, 2018, 9:56 am
Wasn't the Denver thing supposed to be a Union thing which then got nixed due to some issue with the Union.

From there the promoter then opened their wallet and asked the league teams and here we are?

It's not like there was a strategic decision made by the RLIF to make a real breakthrough in Colorado...?
Hi hrundi89, that is more information on the location than I have found anywhere. If someone is prepared to sponsor this match in Denver with their own money, then the League would be crazy not to take them up on it. Particularly with the decision to hold the 2025 Rugby League World Cup in North America. 'Free Advertising' perhaps? Thank you.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15390
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Elliott Whitehead selected for England’s Denver Test

Post by -PJ- » June 15, 2018, 4:08 pm

If EW gets hurt I'm gunna punch sidemouth in the face real hard.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine selected for Denver Test

Post by greeneyed » June 17, 2018, 6:44 pm

Canberra Raiders forward Joe Tapine selected for New Zealand Kiwis Test in Denver

Newcastle Knights duo Slade Griffin and Herman Ese'ese are among seven debutants in coach Michael Maguire's New Zealand squad to face England in Denver next week.

New Zealand Kiwis squad: Leeson Ah Mau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Herman Ese'ese, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, James Fisher-Harris, Slade Griffin, Peta Hiku, Jamayne Isaako, Jordan Kahu, Isaac Liu, Issac Luke, Te Maire Martin, Esan Marsters, Ken Maumalo, Kodi Nikorima, Joseph Tapine, Martin Taupau, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/17/new ... in-denver/
Image

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22118
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine selected for Denver Test

Post by Pigman » June 17, 2018, 7:56 pm

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Whitehead is the most under-rated player in the NRL. He's proven himself to be one of the most skilled, consistent and best back rowers in the game, has played in the halves sparingly and did himself no shame, and has played the house down as a middle when required.

The guy is absolutely outstanding.

Tapine is developing into his own level of star
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15390
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine selected for Denver Test

Post by -PJ- » June 17, 2018, 8:00 pm

Along with Papa we have the best 11, 12 and 13 in the game.

Whitehead is special, Tapine is a gem and Papa is just plain awesome.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
CJ42
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12638
Joined: April 12, 2011, 5:13 pm

Re: Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine selected for Denver Test

Post by CJ42 » June 17, 2018, 8:05 pm

I agree PJ, our backrow is absolutely outstanding, England, New Zealand and Australian reps.
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed » June 18, 2018, 7:40 pm

Canberra Raiders friends Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine become foes

Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine are not on speaking terms. Not this week at least, which could make for an icy trip to Denver with the Canberra Raiders duo on the same flight.

"I’m flying with the Kiwi boys but I’m probably not sitting with them. I’ll be sat on my own for a good 18 hours," Whitehead said. "If I am [directly opposing Tapine], Joe is a class player so I’m going to have to have a good game against him. I don’t want him to get one over on me and come back the week after and carry on. I’ll have to be on my best game.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zm3d.html
Image

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15390
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by -PJ- » June 18, 2018, 7:51 pm

greeneyed wrote:
June 18, 2018, 7:40 pm
Canberra Raiders friends Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine become foes

Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine are not on speaking terms. Not this week at least, which could make for an icy trip to Denver with the Canberra Raiders duo on the same flight.

"I’m flying with the Kiwi boys but I’m probably not sitting with them. I’ll be sat on my own for a good 18 hours," Whitehead said. "If I am [directly opposing Tapine], Joe is a class player so I’m going to have to have a good game against him. I don’t want him to get one over on me and come back the week after and carry on. I’ll have to be on my best game.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zm3d.html
Hey Smelly, keep an eye on the Tapine fella..he's good for a shoulder charge.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed » June 22, 2018, 5:36 pm

Canberra Raiders forward Joe Tapine has a chance to create Kiwis 'history'

Michael Maguire has hailed Joe Tapine as a rising star with "incredible talent" ready to create history in the New Zealand jersey.

"I’m looking forward to it, always a good opportunity to play for my country and I will take it every time they ask me, no matter what," Tapine said. "I’m looking forward to it, I’ve never been to America really, I’ve stopped over there. It will be a good experience and good for me."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zm58.html
Image

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12608
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by bonehead » June 22, 2018, 6:51 pm

On Fox from 5.30am Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15390
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by -PJ- » June 22, 2018, 7:09 pm

bonehead wrote:
June 22, 2018, 6:51 pm
On Fox from 5.30am Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Definately getting out of bed for this...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed » June 22, 2018, 7:42 pm

Latest team lists for England V New Zealand Kiwis Test in Denver:

England v New Zealand, Saturday 2pm (Sunday 6am AEST, Fox League from 5:30am) at Mile High Stadium, Denver

England: 1 Stefan Ratchford, 2 Jermaine McGillvary, 3 John Bateman, 4 Mark Percival, 5 Ryan Hall, 6 Jonny Lomax, 7 Gareth Widdop, 8 Chris Hill, 9 James Roby, 10 James Graham, 11 Sam Burgess, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Sean O’Loughlin (c), 14 Jake Connor, 15 Thomas Burgess, 16 Tommy Makinson, 17 Scott Taylor

New Zealand: 1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, 2 Jamayne Isaako, 3 Esan Marsters, 4 Peta Hiku, 5 Ken Maumalo, 6 Te Maire Martin, 7 Kodi Nikorima, 8 Jared Waerea-Hargeaves, 9 Issac Luke, 10 Nelson Asofa-Solomona, 15 Raymond Faitala-Mariner, 12 Joseph Tapine, 13 Martin Taupau. Interchange: 11 James Fisher-Harris, 14 Slade Griffin, 16 Herman Ese'ese, 17 Leeson Ah Mau. Reserves: 18 Jordan Kahu, 19 Isaac Liu.
Image

User avatar
the bone
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1373
Joined: September 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by the bone » June 23, 2018, 11:35 am

Is this being televised on any channel in the US?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed » June 23, 2018, 11:58 am

the bone wrote:
June 23, 2018, 11:35 am
Is this being televised on any channel in the US?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
If anyone is... I expect it’ll be on these networks:

https://www.nrl.com/operations/the-game ... adcasters/
Image

MrPosh
David Shillington
Posts: 34
Joined: June 24, 2016, 5:39 am
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by MrPosh » June 23, 2018, 8:45 pm

the bone wrote:
June 23, 2018, 11:35 am
Is this being televised on any channel in the US?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's live on CBS, which goes into 60 million households.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13989
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by reptar » June 23, 2018, 8:52 pm

MrPosh wrote:
the bone wrote:
June 23, 2018, 11:35 am
Is this being televised on any channel in the US?


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
It's live on CBS, which goes into 60 million households.
That's a pretty big deal!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed » June 23, 2018, 9:52 pm

NRL makes US inroads with 60 million household TV deal for Denver Test

The Denver Test will have a potential reach of 60 million households across the United States and Canada after a landmark deal was struck to show the game live across the CBS Sportsnet channel.

The arrangement has only just been finalised, ensuring England’s clash with New Zealand will provide invaluable exposure to a potentially lucrative new market. Organisers are hoping the historic international will draw a strong crowd at Mile High Stadium, the home of NFL franchise Denver Broncos. However, the television coverage will prove equally as crucial in attracting new fans to the game.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-ma ... 4zn20.html
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 119548
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by greeneyed » June 23, 2018, 9:56 pm

I take it back... it’s not CBS... but CBS Sportsnet. Still a good outcome.
Image

User avatar
luffraider
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 335
Joined: August 30, 2010, 5:32 pm
Favourite Player: Fensom

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by luffraider » June 23, 2018, 10:34 pm

Is this game going to be on Nrl app?

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3220
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by RTW » June 23, 2018, 10:52 pm

luffraider wrote:Is this game going to be on Nrl app?
Yes

The Greenhouse

2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse » June 24, 2018, 5:50 am

Welcome to our coverage of today’s Test between England and the New Zealand Kiwis. Here are the teams:

Image

Image

The Greenhouse

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse » June 24, 2018, 6:05 am

Teams on the field... a crowd that is dwarfed by the size of the stadium... but it is still a special moment. Now the anthems. 33C in Denver.

The Greenhouse

Re: 2018 Test England V New Zealand Kiwis: Teams and Game Day

Post by The Greenhouse » June 24, 2018, 6:06 am

The music is out of step with the singing... just awful!

Post Reply