Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2018 Rd 11 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Botman »

bonehead wrote: May 20, 2018, 10:42 pm
Pigman wrote:
gangrenous wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:31 pm
Pigman wrote:I had no issues with the Rapana sin bin, or the no call on Cotric
Those were both clearly correct calls imo

I am curious about the Tapine penalty at the end of the first half, one of my kids had an ill-timed ****-wiping exercise which prevented me from knowing the full story.

Was Tapine penalised for a shoulder charge? Or a taking then player out late? Or both?
My understanding, and i could EASILY be wrong and happy to be told so, is that if it was a legally timed tackle but a shoulder charge the penalty should have been on the spot of the foul. Not where the ball landed. If he was penalised for late challenge or the both, then fair enough, though a little rough as i dont think it was that late.

Anyone able to give me clarity on this?
I can’t give you clarity, but it wasn’t late.
if you hoped this helped, i can tell you, it didnt Image
When you say it wasnt late, do you mean you dont think it was late, or it wasnt ruled as a late hit?

I havent studied the rule book but it wouldnt shock me if the deal was any infringement on the kicker was a penalty where the ball landed, so again, i could be wrong. But if it was just a shoulder charge, it seems like thats a spot penalty, not a where the ball landed penalty.
I believe it was deemed late and shoulder.
I don't so much agree on the late but it was so completely unnecessary he deserved it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yeah, i dont think it was late, but when you do something that **** dumb, i guess you get what you deserve.
Anyways, i dont think it greatly influenced the game tbh, so its kind of whatever, but it'll be interesting to know the rule on that for sure
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:48 pm
RedRaider wrote:
gangrenous wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:29 pm Got any recent examples where someone who isn’t a Raider got sin binned for a love tap in a kick chase?
It only has to be against the rules as they apply in 2018 for the ref to have made the right call - and it was done on advice from the video ref.
Refereeing consistency is not the question here. This one was a dumb play by Rapa and he got 10 in the bin. During his time in the bin, the Dragons scored the try that put them in front of the Raiders. We couldn't get the points back. Instead of focusing on Refs, look at the reason Rapa was put in the bin. A poor decision by him and a correct one by the Refs imo.
So you’re telling me the Raiders have the only two players in 2018 that have slightly impeded an opposition player?

Ludicrous.

Yes Rapana did a stupid unnecessary thing. No it was not worthy of a sin bin, penalty sufficient. If it is going to be a sin bin I won’t hold my breath for consistency across the board.
What are you talking about Gangers?
The bulldogs has Mybe sent to the bin for slightly grazing Boyd only 2 weeks ago, it cost them the game. :lol:

They've been sin binning this all year long. You've jumped the shark completely on this.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

There was a couple that should have been penalties to us yesterday though. Rapana shouldn’t have laid hands

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

The next time I think about crap officiating, I will look back on the game between the Toronto Woolpack and Toulouse that was played on Sunday morning (our time).

Toulouse scored a try and went for the conversion. The ball clearly went outside the right upright no matter which camera angle you picked. The touchies had the sun in their eyes and both signalled a goal. What are the chances he'd miss it from there, might have been the thinking. The ref had no choice but to award it. He can only refuse a goal if one flag is up and the other is down. So, Toulouse go in only two points down.

Second half, the Toronto winger scores in the corner in a now standard spectacular winger's leaping attempt. There's no video ref in this game so the ref awards the try. Shame the winger dropped it cold over the line.

In the end, the decisions meant nothing as McCrone and co ran away with it. Imagine the meltdown on the GH if it had happened to us though.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

If we finish above 10th this year it will be a miracle.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pigman wrote:
gangrenous wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:48 pm
RedRaider wrote:
gangrenous wrote: May 20, 2018, 9:29 pm Got any recent examples where someone who isn’t a Raider got sin binned for a love tap in a kick chase?
It only has to be against the rules as they apply in 2018 for the ref to have made the right call - and it was done on advice from the video ref.
Refereeing consistency is not the question here. This one was a dumb play by Rapa and he got 10 in the bin. During his time in the bin, the Dragons scored the try that put them in front of the Raiders. We couldn't get the points back. Instead of focusing on Refs, look at the reason Rapa was put in the bin. A poor decision by him and a correct one by the Refs imo.
So you’re telling me the Raiders have the only two players in 2018 that have slightly impeded an opposition player?

Ludicrous.

Yes Rapana did a stupid unnecessary thing. No it was not worthy of a sin bin, penalty sufficient. If it is going to be a sin bin I won’t hold my breath for consistency across the board.
What are you talking about Gangers?
The bulldogs has Mybe sent to the bin for slightly grazing Boyd only 2 weeks ago, it cost them the game. :lol:

They've been sin binning this all year long. You've jumped the shark completely on this.
The penalty cost them the game. His sin binning was entirely irrelevant.

So that’s it then? Rapana and Mbye are the only players to interfere with a player chasing an attacking kick?

I find that highly unlikely and will watch this closely over the remainder of the season where I expect the NRL to remain consistent in being completely inconsistent in refereeing.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I thought we put in an effort for the most part, again it was just stupidity and lack of direction at key times which just keeps killing us over and over. In our favour was the fact that the Dragons played their worst game of the year, I was hoping we would have sniffed that out and up'd the tempo but we're just incapable.

Sezer....I mean I don't want to kick the bloke while he is down but seriously, he's making monumental errors. In the first half we got a full set of 6 in the Dragons red zone and then (correct me if i'm wrong) on the 2nd tackle Sezer tries to grubber the ball through for Gubb of all people! Dragons defused it easily. Then that play in the 2nd half where Rapana was in the bin and we just needed to roll the ball in on the last to get a result and he passes it to Whitehead to get caught on the last....that's just unforgivable. Dragons got the turnover and scored and that was the match right there. A NRL halfback just cannot be making these simple errors week after week, it's just schoolboy stuff.

Tapine, he's had a great last month of footy don't get me wrong, but how TF can players be that thick that they still don't understand that you can't shoulder charge? It's going to cost him 2 games now at a critical time. I just shake my head.

Agree on Austin though, despite him strutting about with this air of arrogance like he's got Thurston's records tucked away in his back pocket, he did have his best defensive game I can recall so i'll give him kudos there.

So all in all, the best part of my weekend was Curtis Scott jamming Dylan Walker. That eases the pain slightly.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Couldn't agree more with Stuart in the presser. I was at home screaming for a field goal in that set on the Dragon's line when we had 10 men - it would put us a point ahead, taken another 45 seconds off the clock, and we would receive the ball for another set. Kick the ball into touch and on comes Rapana, with a 19-18 lead. I couldn't believe my eyes when Sezer called for it on the left and field goal did not even enter his mind.

We are just a stupid football team. Talented physically, but seriously low football IQ. Put one player in a playmaking position with any semblance of football intelligence and we are comfortably in the top 8 this year.

Agree with Woodgers - again, don't want to kick the guy when he is down, but some of Sezer's passes to Whitehead yesterday (that did not lead to errors due purely to his ability) were diabolical. Not to mention the couple to Austin that did lead to errors.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Tapine out for 2 weeks with early guilty plea.

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Raider47 wrote: May 21, 2018, 2:10 pm Tapine out for 2 weeks with early guilty plea.

Yep, that was very dumb stuff from him. It will be interesting to see what they do to replace him as I think it's a backwards step to move Papalii or Sia. Maybe we will see Murchie make his debut?
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Woodgers wrote: May 21, 2018, 1:10 pm I thought we put in an effort for the most part, again it was just stupidity and lack of direction at key times which just keeps killing us over and over. In our favour was the fact that the Dragons played their worst game of the year, I was hoping we would have sniffed that out and up'd the tempo but we're just incapable.

Sezer....I mean I don't want to kick the bloke while he is down but seriously, he's making monumental errors. In the first half we got a full set of 6 in the Dragons red zone and then (correct me if i'm wrong) on the 2nd tackle Sezer tries to grubber the ball through for Gubb of all people! Dragons defused it easily. Then that play in the 2nd half where Rapana was in the bin and we just needed to roll the ball in on the last to get a result and he passes it to Whitehead to get caught on the last....that's just unforgivable. Dragons got the turnover and scored and that was the match right there. A NRL halfback just cannot be making these simple errors week after week, it's just schoolboy stuff.

Tapine, he's had a great last month of footy don't get me wrong, but how TF can players be that thick that they still don't understand that you can't shoulder charge? It's going to cost him 2 games now at a critical time. I just shake my head.

Agree on Austin though, despite him strutting about with this air of arrogance like he's got Thurston's records tucked away in his back pocket, he did have his best defensive game I can recall so i'll give him kudos there.

So all in all, the best part of my weekend was Curtis Scott jamming Dylan Walker. That eases the pain slightly.
No one wants to kick him when he's down. People seem to think it's personal. I've never met the bloke. Don't think anyone enjoys seeing him play like a busted. I'd love him to find something and become the player people kept saying he was before he was at the club. But i've given up on him. I'm not even surprised anymore. I don't expect him to do anything so why bag him? He's just a very average footballer. I'm resigned to us not being a top 8 side with him at 7.
Last edited by Hazza on May 21, 2018, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Well it's the day after and I can't stop thinking about how putrid we are.

It's really depressing.

Austin runs thru a gap bigger than Sydney Heads, not only is he run down he loses the ball.

If that had of been Rapana, Croker, Cotric etc it's under the posts.

Jesus...give me strength.

And hey Boydy..anyone emptying the tank is getting POTY votes..pack ya bag and leave now.

You're wasting my time.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

-PJ- wrote:Well it's the day after and I can't stop thinking about how putrid we are.

It's really depressing.

Austin runs thru a gap bigger than Sydney Heads, not only is he run down he loses the ball.

If that had of been Rapana, Croker, Cotric etc it's under the posts.

Jesus...give me strength.

And hey Boydy..anyone emptying the tank is getting POTY votes..pack ya bag and leave now.

You're wasting my time.
He knocked it on, he knew it
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Putting aside the fact that it was a double knock on regardless, Dufty would've just about chased anyone down.

Kid is lightning.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »