Is Croker the right captain for the team

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Pigman » August 5, 2018, 6:49 pm

I suppose alphbet is right, the officials at least buy Hodgson a drink before they **** him
But also said drink is probs spiked
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
afgtnk
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5725
Joined: April 7, 2007, 1:45 am
Favourite Player: Jersh McCrerne
Location: Sydney

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by afgtnk » August 5, 2018, 6:51 pm

gangrenous wrote:
August 5, 2018, 6:46 pm
afgtnk wrote:A simple change of captain alone will not fix something systemic like our late game fades. That is a huge issue. I'm not sure where anyone's said that, and I don't think that was the point people are trying to make. It's a part of a number of changes that need to happen.

From what I can see in the last few games Hodgson does seem to command more respect from the refs though.
Croker most certainly was blamed for the fades. Feel free to reread the thread.

Hodgson has overseen one of the worst rogerings from the refs in recent memory, and today was also poor. How is he gaining more respect exactly? The refs call him sir as they have their way?
Croker is certainly problem.

He is not the only problem though.

Switching from Croker to Hodgson and making no other significant change will not fix all our issues, but it will make a difference alongside a host of other (bigger) changes.

This can't be simpler mate, even for you.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19889
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Northern Raider » August 5, 2018, 7:02 pm

Seriously, give it a rest. Croker's captaincy is a non factor. Makes no difference who our captain is. The problems at this club are far more ingrained.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
gangrenous
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8341
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by gangrenous » August 5, 2018, 7:14 pm

afgtnk wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
August 5, 2018, 6:46 pm
afgtnk wrote:A simple change of captain alone will not fix something systemic like our late game fades. That is a huge issue. I'm not sure where anyone's said that, and I don't think that was the point people are trying to make. It's a part of a number of changes that need to happen.

From what I can see in the last few games Hodgson does seem to command more respect from the refs though.
Croker most certainly was blamed for the fades. Feel free to reread the thread.

Hodgson has overseen one of the worst rogerings from the refs in recent memory, and today was also poor. How is he gaining more respect exactly? The refs call him sir as they have their way?
Croker is certainly problem.

He is not the only problem though.

Switching from Croker to Hodgson and making no other significant change will not fix all our issues, but it will make a difference alongside a host of other (bigger) changes.

This can't be simpler mate, even for you.
“It WILL make a difference” alphabet yelled furiously at the clouds. But the dust had barely settled on the third consecutive game that highlighted just how wrong that statement was. It was sad to see how delusional alphabet had become...

User avatar
luke
John Ferguson
Posts: 2219
Joined: February 7, 2010, 5:32 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by luke » August 5, 2018, 10:01 pm

So bad was this Jared Crocker that he could not get the refs to listen to him/not rev up the boys enough behind the sticks FROM OFF THE FIELD

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21111
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Seiffert82 » August 5, 2018, 10:28 pm

For the love of God can we stick a fork in this one.

Watching Austin struggle out there, we would have won this game on our head with Toots in the centres...irrespective of who was wearing the (C).
Last edited by Seiffert82 on August 5, 2018, 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21111
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Seiffert82 » August 5, 2018, 10:30 pm

Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?

raiderskater
John Ferguson
Posts: 2222
Joined: July 26, 2015, 8:24 pm
Favourite Player: Croker, Wighton, Baptiste
Location: The Land of Lime Green

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by raiderskater » August 6, 2018, 7:43 am

Seiffert82 wrote:
August 5, 2018, 10:30 pm
Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?
When he scored off the tap I thought we might be in for a "Smart Leilua" day but clearly I was wrong.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)

Wiki Special
Peter Jackson
Posts: 219
Joined: August 11, 2016, 8:16 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Wiki Special » August 6, 2018, 7:49 am

If Croker moves to the wing next year, which I feel is a 50/50 possibility, do you think he would retain the captaincy?

User avatar
gangrenous
Bradley Clyde
Posts: 8341
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by gangrenous » August 6, 2018, 8:21 am

Seiffert82 wrote:Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?
I’m all for giving him a team transplant

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22213
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Pigman » August 6, 2018, 8:39 am

Wiki Special wrote:
August 6, 2018, 7:49 am
If Croker moves to the wing next year, which I feel is a 50/50 possibility, do you think he would retain the captaincy?
50/50 is VERY generous for that, I’d be stunned if he’s not playing centre next year but even if moved to the wing I don’t see why he wouldn’t be retained as captain

As I keep saying, the on field captain is such a non event that dumping him for absolutely no reason serves to do nothing but insult a very good clubman
There is no tangible benefit for sacking Croker as captain and a lot of potential locker room issues it could raise

Now regardless of where he plays next year I think there is a very good chance we’ll be seeing co-captains with Hodgson, which will just be formalising the arrangement already in place where it’s Croker and Hodgson taking the cues from Coach **** on the sidelines
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

gergreg
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5091
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by gergreg » August 6, 2018, 9:43 am

gangrenous wrote:
August 6, 2018, 8:21 am
Seiffert82 wrote:Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?
I’m all for giving him a team transplant
Such a frustrating player. Can win a game in seconds then undo it all moments later.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

Wiki Special
Peter Jackson
Posts: 219
Joined: August 11, 2016, 8:16 am
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Wiki Special » August 6, 2018, 12:42 pm

Pigman wrote:
August 6, 2018, 8:39 am
Wiki Special wrote:
August 6, 2018, 7:49 am
If Croker moves to the wing next year, which I feel is a 50/50 possibility, do you think he would retain the captaincy?
50/50 is VERY generous for that, I’d be stunned if he’s not playing centre next year but even if moved to the wing I don’t see why he wouldn’t be retained as captain

As I keep saying, the on field captain is such a non event that dumping him for absolutely no reason serves to do nothing but insult a very good clubman
There is no tangible benefit for sacking Croker as captain and a lot of potential locker room issues it could raise

Now regardless of where he plays next year I think there is a very good chance we’ll be seeing co-captains with Hodgson, which will just be formalising the arrangement already in place where it’s Croker and Hodgson taking the cues from Coach **** on the sidelines
Yeah, I most likely would still have him in the centres as I would play Wighton at 6 but if Stuart persists with Williams partnering Sezer in the halves (or even giving Hingano or another youngster a go there) I wouldn't be surprised if we kept Cotric at fullback & played Wighton in the centres. All depends whether Stuart prefers Oldfield on the wing or Williams (or Hingano) in the halves.

User avatar
Northern Raider
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19889
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Northern Raider » August 6, 2018, 3:01 pm

gergreg wrote:
August 6, 2018, 9:43 am
gangrenous wrote:
August 6, 2018, 8:21 am
Seiffert82 wrote:Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?
I’m all for giving him a team transplant
Such a frustrating player. Can win a game in seconds then undo it all moments later.
#BJ4captain
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15528
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by -PJ- » August 7, 2018, 8:02 am

Seiffert82 wrote:
August 5, 2018, 10:30 pm
Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?
Speaking of rocks or diamonds eh Sieff ??

I'll give BJ the benefit of the doubt here...just.

Diamonds 6
Rocks 4

When he's on he's Harlem Globetrotter.
When's he's off he's..Canberra Raiders.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21111
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Is Croker the right captain for the team

Post by Seiffert82 » August 9, 2018, 7:23 am

-PJ- wrote:
August 7, 2018, 8:02 am
Seiffert82 wrote:
August 5, 2018, 10:30 pm
Off topic, but speaking of centres, can we give Leilua a **** brain transplant?
Speaking of rocks or diamonds eh Sieff ??

I'll give BJ the benefit of the doubt here...just.

Diamonds 6
Rocks 4

When he's on he's Harlem Globetrotter.
When's he's off he's..Canberra Raiders.
Yeah, he pretty much embodies how we play each week.

Post Reply