Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson eyes England comeback after ACL injury

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed » May 2, 2018, 10:37 am

Josh Hodgson says he's is edging closer to making his comeback from a ruptured anterior cruciate knee ligament injury, sustained playing for England in the World Cup semi-final against Tonga.

"I've started full training with the boys and that went really well," he said. "They say it's a six-to-nine month injury and I was probably ahead of that a while ago but I don't want to risk coming back too early for the sake of a couple of weeks.

Read more: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ry-1521408

RedRaider
Gary Belcher

Re: Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson eyes England comeback after ACL injury

Post by RedRaider » May 3, 2018, 6:47 am

Take your time Josh. No need to rush back and maybe have longer term problems.

I have to say though I am a bit more concerned about the upcoming Tonga v Samoa Test match. I expect there will be a couple of Raiders players in for Tonga and a possible 3 for Samoa. (Depending on Papa's possible Origin commitment). It should be an entertaining match but there will some concern for Sticky every time they come into contact with each other. Particularly Havili in the middle tackling Junior and possibly Papa.

Northern Raider
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider » May 3, 2018, 7:39 am

RedRaider wrote:
May 3, 2018, 6:47 am
Take your time Josh. No need to rush back and maybe have longer term problems.

I have to say though I am a bit more concerned about the upcoming Tonga v Samoa Test match. I expect there will be a couple of Raiders players in for Tonga and a possible 3 for Samoa. (Depending on Papa's possible Origin commitment). It should be an entertaining match but there will some concern for Sticky every time they come into contact with each other. Particularly Havili in the middle tackling Junior and possibly Papa.
Sticky would be more concerned about them smashing the all you can eat buffets rather than smashing each other.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

edwahu
Laurie Daley

Post by edwahu » May 3, 2018, 8:30 am

After what happened at the world cup we shouldn't release the Samoan players.