Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: 2018 Rd 9 V Titans: Game Day

Post by reptar »

ludicrous
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

He is free to play isn't he
PabloKang2620
Alan Tongue

Post by PabloKang2620 »

I think his charge carries 90pts but he gets 20% loading because he's been find guilty of a non-similar incident in the last 2 years. At least this is the way I read the charge sheet.
Raiders666 wrote:He is free to play isn't he
Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just because I rock doesn't mean I'm made of stone
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PabloKang2620 wrote: May 6, 2018, 6:11 pm Tapine somehow charged by the MRC. Grade 1. Misses this week if I read the charge sheet correctly.

I fair dinkum give up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No, he doesn't provided he takes the early plea.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

Fight the charge it’s bull dust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Hingano most definitely isn’t the worst defender, he’s not even the worst defender in the current 17 :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

AUDIO: Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana speaks about the win over the Gold Coast Titans

Canberra Raiders winger Jordan Rapana speaks about the win over the Gold Coast Titans.

Audio: https://soundcloud.com/abc_grandstand/jordan-rapana-5
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Titans were very very poor. 32-18 didn't reflect the game, it should've been 50. Bombed several chances. Last tackle options poor at times. Still. a lot to like as well. But heaps to improve on. Sharks have won 3 in a row and haven't been particularly convincing in any of those wins. I love playing sides that've won 3 in a row. Takes that 5% hunger off them.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: May 6, 2018, 6:37 pm
-TW- wrote:Worst defender, are you actually serious?

Reece **** Robinson actually refused to tackle, Michael Dobson was a walking speed bump and hingano is worse than them? Turn it up
Hingano is worse I'm every sense Tim.

EDIT.

You're comparing a winger, making tackles on wingers, and actively avoided those tackles to a 5/8th who's been inexplicably played in the middle and being expected to tackle the biggest players on the park, who throws himself into it as best he can but is physically unable to hold up

It's a ridiculous statement to say Hingano is worse, and one lacking any context. If you truly believe that, then you haven't got the faintest of a clue
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

I get what you mean about the 5% hunger Hazza, but I prefer to play teams at full strength and in form. It gives you a better idea of how your team is travelling.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

magoo wrote: May 7, 2018, 10:51 am I get what you mean about the 5% hunger Hazza, but I prefer to play teams at full strength and in form. It gives you a better idea of how your team is travelling.
Yeah I get that. All I'm worried about atm is the 2 points though to get us back to 5/5 then dragons away rd 11 will be a toughie. I don't care if the sharks have 18 blokes out.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Pigman wrote: May 7, 2018, 10:48 am

Reece **** Robinson actually refused to tackle, Michael Dobson was a walking speed bump and hingano is worse than them? Turn it up

EDIT.

You're comparing a winger, making tackles on wingers, and actively avoided those tackles to a 5/8th who's been inexplicably played in the middle and being expected to tackle the biggest players on the park, who throws himself into it as best he can but is physically unable to hold up

It's a ridiculous statement to say Hingano is worse, and one lacking any context. If you truly believe that, then you haven't got the faintest of a clue
agree with this, Hingano was widely regarded as a very good defensive half when at the Warriors, he's just not and never has been a hooker (despite filling in there a couple of times last year), You know who else looked very poor defensively when playing in the middle? Aidan Sezer who's one of the best defensive halves in the comp....
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

One thing for sure: I'm looking forward to Croker smashing Dugan a few times
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Horace Dove-Edwin wrote: May 5, 2018, 7:54 pm
dubby wrote: May 5, 2018, 4:52 pm This commentary team is hideous.

Yaking about shoes now sandwiches
You need to sync up the tv with a radio station.
Triple M goes alright.
Certainly better than Steve Roach.
Why does Fox persist with Roach? he is so out of touch with the modern game and comes across as oafish, only Corey "Dead Pan" Parker is worse
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

kiwi raider wrote:

EDIT.

agree with this, Hingano was widely regarded as a very good defensive half when at the Warriors, he's just not and never has been a hooker (despite filling in there a couple of times last year), You know who else looked very poor defensively when playing in the middle? Aidan Sezer who's one of the best defensive halves in the comp....
Hingano wasn’t regarded as a very good defensive half at the Warriors. It’s been the key weakness of his game. One example, Just think about when we played them last year and he was really good in attack but terrible in defence.

He will improve his defence when given time, but his tackling technique, head position and leg drive in defence needs a lot of work.

I think the time spent in the middle now will help him in the long term.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kryptonite wrote: May 7, 2018, 11:49 am

Triple M goes alright.
Why does Fox persist with Roach? he is so out of touch with the modern game and comes across as oafish, only Corey "Dead Pan" Parker is worse
Seems to be part of Steve Crawley's vision to dumb down the Fox coverage.
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

greeneyed wrote:
Kryptonite wrote: May 7, 2018, 11:49 am

Triple M goes alright.
Seems to be part of Steve Crawley's vision to dumb down the Fox coverage.
Where's Vossy?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

reptar wrote: May 7, 2018, 11:43 am One thing for sure: I'm looking forward to Croker smashing Dugan a few times
Dugan won't be playing son. Out for 4-6 weeks
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Vote Now: Man of the Match Round 9: http://greenroomdigital.snapforms.com.a ... eek-round9

Round 9 play of the week: Shannon Boyd: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... nnon-boyd/

Round 9 In the sheds: Joe Tapine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... oe-tapine/

Round 9 In the sheds: Shannon Boyd: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... nnon-boyd/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Hazza wrote:
reptar wrote: May 7, 2018, 11:43 am One thing for sure: I'm looking forward to Croker smashing Dugan a few times
So lock in a miracle recovery and Dugan ready to play on the weekend after an initial six week diagnosis.

Also lock in a season ending injury in the 12th minute, before a stunning recovery to score a try on the half time bell.

Two more season ending injuries occur in the second half before returning in the dying seconds to give the canberra crowd the bird after Cronulla loses.

Amazingly Dugan rises from his deathbed to be spotted drinking heavily at a dodgy Tuggeranong bar on Sunday night being remarkably friendly with drunk Raiders fans.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

BJ wrote: May 7, 2018, 12:25 pm
kiwi raider wrote:

EDIT.

Hingano wasn’t regarded as a very good defensive half at the Warriors. It’s been the key weakness of his game. One example, Just think about when we played them last year and he was really good in attack but terrible in defence.

He will improve his defence when given time, but his tackling technique, head position and leg drive in defence needs a lot of work.

I think the time spent in the middle now will help him in the long term.
Disagree, I follow the warriors very closely(2nd team) and browse there forum every now and then and his defense has never been a major concern when playing on the edge, if your comparing him to hooker/second rowers etc then sure he's not a strong defensive player but as a young up and coming half he's reasonably good compared to your average rookie nrl player in the same position, in his first few games for the Warriors he absolutely ripped in defensively and put in some great shots on much bigger men, the problem is he's not conditioned to do it for 3/4 tackles a set on front rowers because he's played on the edge all his life until very recently
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

From Memory didn't those watching his first few games for mounties comment on how good his defense was and wanted him in first grade over Austin/Williams almost solely because of it?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I'd post a series of segments:

* By the vision
* By the smells
* by the touch
* by the tastes
* by the sounds

But it would end up in the Lime Lounge, never to be seen again by anyone other than gangers.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Hazza wrote:
Convenient
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

kiwi raider wrote:

EDIT.

I would bet a lot money on Hingano being a better defender on the edge than Blake Austin. The point someone else made about Sezer defending in the middle was absolutely spot on. TOTALLY different kettle of fish.

Another good example - Tapine, average middle defender. Now a very good, to excellent edge defender. Two totally different positions to defend in and require different things.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

He won't be playing as he is, as bloody usual, injured. Which is a shame, because I always enjoy watching our mild-mannered skipper turn into a raging bull whenever we play him. And it would almost be worth losing Papa for another week or two just to watch Dugan drop like a dummy...

That said...who's marking Lee? :evil:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Cotric is marking him.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BJ wrote: May 7, 2018, 12:25 pm Hingano wasn’t regarded as a very good defensive half at the Warriors. It’s been the key weakness of his game. One example, Just think about when we played them last year and he was really good in attack but terrible in defence.
Sounds like a perfect fit for the Raiders BJ.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

RedRaider wrote:
BJ wrote: May 7, 2018, 12:25 pm Hingano wasn’t regarded as a very good defensive half at the Warriors. It’s been the key weakness of his game. One example, Just think about when we played them last year and he was really good in attack but terrible in defence.
Sounds like a perfect fit for the Raiders BJ.

Hmmmm very good point Red Raider.

It’s like why Dugan was a perfect fit for Sharks and Lodge a perfect fit for Broncos.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Signing session at Raiders Club Weston: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ub-weston/

VIDEO: Out and about: Autograph Alley: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... aph-alley/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Last time the raiders played the titans Hurrell put Croker on his ass.
This time Croker's put him in reserve grade.
BAM.