NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130788
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by greeneyed »

That culture has to change. No wonder we've got players getting into all sorts of other trouble as well, if they think this OK at their work place arranged end of year function. It's just not on anymore.

If someone were to say people got up to that in a private space on their own time... those are things that people do... I wouldn't blink, nothing wrong with it... but NRL clubs have to realise, things like that can't happen at a function they organise.
Image

User avatar
Sid
Steve Walters
Posts: 7455
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Sid »

in this instance I think the journo's were being more ridiculous
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine

Elcaptcroker
Noa Nadruku
Posts: 152
Joined: September 5, 2016, 11:09 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Elcaptcroker »

The Nickman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:
January 11, 2019, 8:03 am
greeneyed wrote:If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
I dont know GE, have you worked in the mines? I can tell you this is the norm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really, which mines have you worked at where the work place runs those sort of events?
Not going to drop company names cause goodness knows what half of you do for a job and i like my inflated pay packet but its more i point to the drug an alcohol culture thats in there, andthe christmas parties can get pretty rowdy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44773
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
January 11, 2019, 11:57 am
That culture has to change. No wonder we've got players getting into all sorts of other trouble as well, if they think this OK at their work place arranged end of year function. It's just not on anymore.

If someone were to say people got up to that in a private space on their own time... those are things that people do... I wouldn't blink, nothing wrong with it... but NRL clubs have to realise, things like that can't happen at a function they organise.
Spot on, mate. I couldn't agree more.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Elcaptcroker
Noa Nadruku
Posts: 152
Joined: September 5, 2016, 11:09 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Its all part and parcel of blokes and women working in an industry where they get paid stupid amount of money, drugs and alcohol and stupid antics go hand in hand, and dont be fooled by the "random drug teats" and breath testing their only there to save face and aint that random, the mine owners and the contractors working for them get treated the same as footy clubs unless its made public or its seriously bad they will cover you. And its similar within the public service, the drug culture in there isnt any better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44773
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by The Nickman »

Elcaptcroker wrote:
January 11, 2019, 12:09 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:
January 11, 2019, 8:03 am
greeneyed wrote:If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
I dont know GE, have you worked in the mines? I can tell you this is the norm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really, which mines have you worked at where the work place runs those sort of events?
Not going to drop company names cause goodness knows what half of you do for a job and i like my inflated pay packet but its more i point to the drug an alcohol culture thats in there, andthe christmas parties can get pretty rowdy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean the drug and alcohol culture at mine-sites that test everybody for alcohol every day and fairly regularly do onsite drug testing too?
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Elcaptcroker
Noa Nadruku
Posts: 152
Joined: September 5, 2016, 11:09 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Elcaptcroker »

The Nickman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:
January 11, 2019, 12:09 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:
January 11, 2019, 8:03 am
greeneyed wrote:If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
I dont know GE, have you worked in the mines? I can tell you this is the norm


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really, which mines have you worked at where the work place runs those sort of events?
Not going to drop company names cause goodness knows what half of you do for a job and i like my inflated pay packet but its more i point to the drug an alcohol culture thats in there, andthe christmas parties can get pretty rowdy


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean the drug and alcohol culture at mine-sites that test everybody for alcohol every day and fairly regularly do onsite drug testing too?
Hahah you only have to be clear of alcohol when you work, and they dont always test for drugs Image i do only drink on my rosters off and i dont do drugs but i know others who do, its regular and the "random drug tests" aint so random you pretty much know when they are going to get done


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuifui Bradbrad
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6361
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad »

Elcaptcroker wrote:Its all part and parcel of blokes and women working in an industry where they get paid stupid amount of money, drugs and alcohol and stupid antics go hand in hand, and dont be fooled by the "random drug teats" and breath testing their only there to save face and aint that random, the mine owners and the contractors working for them get treated the same as footy clubs unless its made public or its seriously bad they will cover you. And its similar within the public service, the drug culture in there isnt any better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are they doing now?
I’m calling shenanigans on this
1. I’ve known guys who work on mines be denied entry because they’ve had alcohol the night prior
2. Drug teats aren’t a thing... arent they?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Elcaptcroker
Noa Nadruku
Posts: 152
Joined: September 5, 2016, 11:09 am
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:Its all part and parcel of blokes and women working in an industry where they get paid stupid amount of money, drugs and alcohol and stupid antics go hand in hand, and dont be fooled by the "random drug teats" and breath testing their only there to save face and aint that random, the mine owners and the contractors working for them get treated the same as footy clubs unless its made public or its seriously bad they will cover you. And its similar within the public service, the drug culture in there isnt any better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What are they doing now?
I’m calling shenanigans on this
1. I’ve known guys who work on mines be denied entry because they’ve had alcohol the night prior
2. Drug teats aren’t a thing... arent they?
Haha fui like my last post said as long as your under when you start working you can drink as much as you want, we get breath tested to be allowed on site, would be the same as a footy team you can drink as much as you want as long as your under when you play or train. And the fact you try and pick me on one letter being wrong just makes it more laughable ImageImage


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9226
Joined: March 13, 2010, 8:44 am
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by LP Raider »

You don't have to work at a mine to be drug tested. We have random drug testing at work, I'm also tested at times on my way to work and coming home from work.

Yet the unemployed... something seriously fundamentally wrong with this country.
History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat history.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30928
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by dubby »

I was drug tested away work......and failed.

Panadeine Forte showed up. Showed my boss the prescription and got off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9226
Joined: March 13, 2010, 8:44 am
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by LP Raider »

greeneyed wrote:
January 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
Times have change, being in a trade I have seen the cultural change over the past 25 years.

What went on 25 years ago is no longer acceptable and tbh even as an 18 year old I never got the idiotic behaviour that went on when a group of males got together on the piss.
History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat history.

User avatar
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9226
Joined: March 13, 2010, 8:44 am
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by LP Raider »

dubby wrote:
January 11, 2019, 4:44 pm
I was drug tested away work......and failed.

Panadeine Forte showed up. Showed my boss the prescription and got off.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
You will get done with Neurofen Plus, pop one before testing time and you get a few days off with pay.

Anything with a Plus will show up, not sure why you need to show a prescription, the testers should analyse further in the lab. Why you get a few days off.
History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat history.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30928
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by dubby »

LP Raider wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
January 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
Times have change, being in a trade I have seen the cultural change over the past 25 years.

What went on 25 years ago is no longer acceptable and tbh even as an 18 year old I never got the idiotic behaviour that went on when a group of males got together on the piss.
Not just males.

You get any group on the suds and all decency and common sense goes the way of the evening newspaper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9226
Joined: March 13, 2010, 8:44 am
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by LP Raider »

dubby wrote:
January 11, 2019, 4:57 pm
LP Raider wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
January 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
If there were no grounds for the charges... wouldn't the charges have been thrown out of court? I'm not outraged by it or anything... but really, these sorts of events should have been left behind thirty years ago. No work place should be running these sorts of events. The NRL clubs have to realise it is 2019.
Times have change, being in a trade I have seen the cultural change over the past 25 years.

What went on 25 years ago is no longer acceptable and tbh even as an 18 year old I never got the idiotic behaviour that went on when a group of males got together on the piss.
Not just males.

You get any group on the suds and all decency and common sense goes the way of the evening newspaper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I have seen the video of a male stripper in a women's office party, anything that has ever gone on in a male party is rather tame compared.
History doesn't repeat itself, people repeat history.

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 30928
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by dubby »

Yep.

I had the experience of somehow being part of/exposed to a group of women in party mode.

I was 19.

I was never the same after.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130788
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by greeneyed »

This thread is way off course. Any further posts back on topic, thanks... they need to at least be about rugby league... otherwise we will put the thread out of its misery.
Image

Johno
David Furner
Posts: 3645
Joined: December 12, 2013, 9:28 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Johno »

Step forward Dylan Napa.

Not recent but not good

RedRaider
Steve Walters
Posts: 7743
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by RedRaider »

I just hope Jack was able to scrape together the money for the fine. I hope it has been paid on time and he has been on his best behavior since given the suspended sentence.
I hope he is in great form for the Raiders in 2019. Lots of fullbacks are selected for Origin.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 130788
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by greeneyed »

This topic is locked.
Image

Locked