Sack Ricky

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Ultima
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6522
Joined: January 18, 2005, 9:46 pm
Favourite Player: Croker
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Ultima » June 12, 2018, 12:32 am

David Furner - 2009 to 2013 - Coached 109 Games, Won 47, Lost 62.
Ricky Stuart - 2014+ - Coached 111 Games, Won 51, Lost 59.

Yet somehow we don't have anywhere near the insane calling for blood we did with Furner. Stuart has now had charge of the team for 2 more games than Furner did and has turned that into 4 additional wins....

If a company sacked it's CEO and replaced him with a guy that only managed a 3% improvement in results after recycling basically the entire work force you would sack him in an instant, yet here we are... extending his contract and not even considering it (from a board prospective).

You could also rightfully argue that Furner never had a roster as good as we have had the last couple of years. Yes that is obviously Stuarts doing and a good thing but he doesn't know how to use it so it doesn't mean much.

Where we finished the season:
Furner - 13, 7, 15, 6, 13* (Two Finals appearances, two wins/two losses)
Stuart - 15, 10, 2, 10, 10** (One Finals appearance, one win/two losses)
* Didn't finish the season as coach
** Current season, we could drop further

Maybe we can hope that they got the balls to sack Furner in his fifth year so they may do the same with Stuart?
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!

User avatar
Fuifui Bradbrad
Jason Croker
Posts: 4933
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » June 12, 2018, 7:29 am

magoo wrote:I wonder why nobody from the media has a shot at Stuart for his stubbornness and lack of ingenuity. I would love to see someone from fox or 9 apply a little pressure
Well, the last guy who wrote an Anti-Stick article got slammed by Stick at the following press conference.

Not surprised people don’t take shots. It’s either love him or he gives you nothing

LastRaider
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 572
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by LastRaider » June 12, 2018, 9:04 am

Unfortunately if we are any chance of moving Stuart on the team will need to come last this year


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13696
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by reptar » June 12, 2018, 10:04 am

The Bulldogs, Eels and Cowboys might prevent that.
LastRaider wrote:Unfortunately if we are any chance of moving Stuart on the team will need to come last this year


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
PerthRaider86
Simon Woolford
Posts: 489
Joined: May 23, 2014, 6:53 pm
Favourite Player: The 2016 Raiders
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by PerthRaider86 » June 12, 2018, 12:05 pm

Ultima wrote:
June 12, 2018, 12:32 am
David Furner - 2009 to 2013 - Coached 109 Games, Won 47, Lost 62.
Ricky Stuart - 2014+ - Coached 111 Games, Won 51, Lost 59.

Yet somehow we don't have anywhere near the insane calling for blood we did with Furner. Stuart has now had charge of the team for 2 more games than Furner did and has turned that into 4 additional wins....

If a company sacked it's CEO and replaced him with a guy that only managed a 3% improvement in results after recycling basically the entire work force you would sack him in an instant, yet here we are... extending his contract and not even considering it (from a board prospective).

You could also rightfully argue that Furner never had a roster as good as we have had the last couple of years. Yes that is obviously Stuarts doing and a good thing but he doesn't know how to use it so it doesn't mean much.

Where we finished the season:
Furner - 13, 7, 15, 6, 13* (Two Finals appearances, two wins/two losses)
Stuart - 15, 10, 2, 10, 10** (One Finals appearance, one win/two losses)
* Didn't finish the season as coach
** Current season, we could drop further

Maybe we can hope that they got the balls to sack Furner in his fifth year so they may do the same with Stuart?
I honestly dont see them sacking ricky until his contract is up in 2020............

How would a CEO get 'sacked' as he is in charge of everything????? Board member vote???

Reading things for a far (in perth) i get the feeling that everyone behind the scenes is all mates with each other so i dont see ricky getting sacked, nor The Don..............
Perth Based Raiders Fan

Cant wait for the Raiders to come back to WA !!!!!

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 28339
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by -TW- » June 12, 2018, 12:09 pm

CEO is appointed by the board

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 206
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by mamando » June 12, 2018, 1:31 pm

Is it, or is it not, a results business?

Then how does a) Stick get the job in the first place, and b) keep it after years of mediocrity with half a season of decent performance thrown in??

He has shown nothing in the way of innovation or progression in his 4 years here.

User avatar
PerthRaider86
Simon Woolford
Posts: 489
Joined: May 23, 2014, 6:53 pm
Favourite Player: The 2016 Raiders
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by PerthRaider86 » June 12, 2018, 1:37 pm

Because i bet the club feels like they OWE him.
Perth Based Raiders Fan

Cant wait for the Raiders to come back to WA !!!!!

Hazza
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 531
Joined: March 1, 2016, 3:14 pm
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Hazza » June 12, 2018, 2:33 pm

Ultima wrote:
June 12, 2018, 12:32 am
David Furner - 2009 to 2013 - Coached 109 Games, Won 47, Lost 62.
Ricky Stuart - 2014+ - Coached 111 Games, Won 51, Lost 59.

Yet somehow we don't have anywhere near the insane calling for blood we did with Furner. Stuart has now had charge of the team for 2 more games than Furner did and has turned that into 4 additional wins....

If a company sacked it's CEO and replaced him with a guy that only managed a 3% improvement in results after recycling basically the entire work force you would sack him in an instant, yet here we are... extending his contract and not even considering it (from a board prospective).

You could also rightfully argue that Furner never had a roster as good as we have had the last couple of years. Yes that is obviously Stuarts doing and a good thing but he doesn't know how to use it so it doesn't mean much.

Where we finished the season:
Furner - 13, 7, 15, 6, 13* (Two Finals appearances, two wins/two losses)
Stuart - 15, 10, 2, 10, 10** (One Finals appearance, one win/two losses)
* Didn't finish the season as coach
** Current season, we could drop further

Maybe we can hope that they got the balls to sack Furner in his fifth year so they may do the same with Stuart?
Yep. And Furner had far inferior squads to what Stick has. Yet made the 8 twice and I think i'm right in saying we were either in the 8 or just outside it when he was sacked in '13. But cos Melbourne beat us 68-4 at home he got the chop. Not for a minute saying DF was a great coach but the vitriol directed at him doesn't really stack up when you consider the free ride Stuart gets from some. We ran 6th under Furner with McCrone and Williams in the halves ****.

User avatar
Ultima
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6522
Joined: January 18, 2005, 9:46 pm
Favourite Player: Croker
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Ultima » June 12, 2018, 3:18 pm

Hazza wrote:
June 12, 2018, 2:33 pm
Ultima wrote:
June 12, 2018, 12:32 am
David Furner - 2009 to 2013 - Coached 109 Games, Won 47, Lost 62.
Ricky Stuart - 2014+ - Coached 111 Games, Won 51, Lost 59.

Yet somehow we don't have anywhere near the insane calling for blood we did with Furner. Stuart has now had charge of the team for 2 more games than Furner did and has turned that into 4 additional wins....

If a company sacked it's CEO and replaced him with a guy that only managed a 3% improvement in results after recycling basically the entire work force you would sack him in an instant, yet here we are... extending his contract and not even considering it (from a board prospective).

You could also rightfully argue that Furner never had a roster as good as we have had the last couple of years. Yes that is obviously Stuarts doing and a good thing but he doesn't know how to use it so it doesn't mean much.

Where we finished the season:
Furner - 13, 7, 15, 6, 13* (Two Finals appearances, two wins/two losses)
Stuart - 15, 10, 2, 10, 10** (One Finals appearance, one win/two losses)
* Didn't finish the season as coach
** Current season, we could drop further

Maybe we can hope that they got the balls to sack Furner in his fifth year so they may do the same with Stuart?
Yep. And Furner had far inferior squads to what Stick has. Yet made the 8 twice and I think i'm right in saying we were either in the 8 or just outside it when he was sacked in '13. But cos Melbourne beat us 68-4 at home he got the chop. Not for a minute saying DF was a great coach but the vitriol directed at him doesn't really stack up when you consider the free ride Stuart gets from some. We ran 6th under Furner with McCrone and Williams in the halves ****.
Furner was sacked the 20th of August, which I think means just after round 22? So we had just slipped out of the 8 (we were 7th) to 9th when he was sacked. Even then we were 8-0 in Round 20 for home games and 8-1 when he was sacked... Like seriously when was the last time we even won two thirds of our home games?

https://www.nrl.com/ladder/?competition ... 3&round=22

If we were that harsh with Stuart he would have gone six times by now... We haven't even been in the top eight this year once (round 0 when we are up there alphabetically obviously doesn't count).
Get Stuart to realise he is holding the club back and step down to player manager!

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 28339
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by -TW- » June 12, 2018, 3:29 pm

Furner got the chop cause the players requested a meeting with the board to say it was him or them

User avatar
gangrenous
Steve Walters
Posts: 7824
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Sack Ricky

Post by gangrenous » June 12, 2018, 4:22 pm

Joke’s on the players. For the most part the outcome was both.

Of course if the players had strategic forethought then they wouldn’t have lost so many games in the first place...

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14735
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by -PJ- » June 12, 2018, 4:49 pm

-TW- wrote:
June 12, 2018, 3:29 pm
Furner got the chop cause the players requested a meeting with the board to say it was him or them
Imagine the fans requesting a meeting with the board to say it's him or us...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:

User avatar
gangrenous
Steve Walters
Posts: 7824
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Sack Ricky

Post by gangrenous » June 12, 2018, 4:50 pm

Perhaps Furner would shove it right in our faces!

Oh wait... the board... do we think they face shove too?

User avatar
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12604
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Green eyed Mick » June 12, 2018, 5:20 pm

mamando wrote:
June 12, 2018, 1:31 pm
Is it, or is it not, a results business?

Then how does a) Stick get the job in the first place, and b) keep it after years of mediocrity with half a season of decent performance thrown in??

He has shown nothing in the way of innovation or progression in his 4 years here.
It isn't Ricky's lack of innovation or progression that is the problem IMO. It is that his football sides lose because of the basics.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 117747
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by greeneyed » June 12, 2018, 5:28 pm

The club was in an absolute shambles when Furner was sacked, players in revolt. Stuart’s record in Canberra has been significantly affected by the debacle left behind and the need to completely rebuild.

That said Ricky Stuart is running out of time after 2017 and 2018. If the Raiders again miss the finals this year... no further excuses will cut it in 2019.
Image

User avatar
Captain Punish
Dean Lance
Posts: 848
Joined: June 24, 2017, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Tarps

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Captain Punish » June 12, 2018, 5:33 pm

Ricky's results are exactly the same as the tenure before Canberra. The fact they hired one of the worst performing coaches with a history of destroying clubs from the inside thinking he would fix the issue to begin with was pure nepotism and nothing more.

He should never have been hired. He should not still he employed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


User avatar
PerthRaider86
Simon Woolford
Posts: 489
Joined: May 23, 2014, 6:53 pm
Favourite Player: The 2016 Raiders
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by PerthRaider86 » June 12, 2018, 5:54 pm

greeneyed wrote:
June 12, 2018, 5:28 pm
The club was in an absolute shambles when Furner was sacked, players in revolt. Stuart’s record in Canberra has been significantly affected by the debacle left behind and the need to completely rebuild.

That said Ricky Stuart is running out of time after 2017 and 2018. If the Raiders again miss the finals this year... no further excuses will cut it in 2019.
Dont think we can wait until 2019 GE...... Something needs to happen as soon as we are Mathematically unable to make finals
Perth Based Raiders Fan

Cant wait for the Raiders to come back to WA !!!!!

User avatar
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12604
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Green eyed Mick » June 12, 2018, 6:48 pm

greeneyed wrote:
June 12, 2018, 5:28 pm
The club was in an absolute shambles when Furner was sacked, players in revolt. Stuart’s record in Canberra has been significantly affected by the debacle left behind and the need to completely rebuild.

That said Ricky Stuart is running out of time after 2017 and 2018. If the Raiders again miss the finals this year... no further excuses will cut it in 2019.
I think it depends on how he addresses the obvious shortfalls in our squad. If we go into next season with Austin and Sezer as our first choice halves we should expect nothing less than what we have seen the last two years.

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 14653
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by T_R » June 12, 2018, 7:49 pm

Surely - surely - 2018 is the no excuses year.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
Captain Punish
Dean Lance
Posts: 848
Joined: June 24, 2017, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Tarps

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Captain Punish » June 12, 2018, 7:51 pm

2017 was. We had the squad. No major injuries. Coming off a massively successful year.

And nothing..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Fuifui Bradbrad
Jason Croker
Posts: 4933
Joined: May 3, 2008, 10:23 pm
Favourite Player: Denan Kemp
Location: Penrith, Sydney, NSW, Australia

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Fuifui Bradbrad » June 13, 2018, 7:39 am

I’m telling you, it’s not 2018 yet, but there’s already 17 guys hurting in the change room over what 2018 will bring.
They’re already planning how they will build a fortress, empty tanks, drain swamps, do the toughest preseason ever, crouch the Tiger and hide the Dragon


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12312
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by bonehead » June 13, 2018, 7:46 am

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I’m telling you, it’s not 2018 yet, but there’s already 17 guys hurting in the change room over what 2018 will bring.
They’re already planning how they will build a fortress, empty tanks, drain swamps, do the toughest preseason ever, crouch the Tiger and hide the Dragon


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
you're losing me Fui, is it not 2018?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

Johno
John Ferguson
Posts: 2972
Joined: December 12, 2013, 9:28 am
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Johno » June 13, 2018, 11:20 am

bonehead wrote:
June 13, 2018, 7:46 am
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:I’m telling you, it’s not 2018 yet, but there’s already 17 guys hurting in the change room over what 2018 will bring.
They’re already planning how they will build a fortress, empty tanks, drain swamps, do the toughest preseason ever, crouch the Tiger and hide the Dragon


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
you're losing me Fui, is it not 2018?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Hes in denial, leave him be.

User avatar
100%green
Don Furner
Posts: 8067
Joined: June 7, 2006, 11:20 pm
Location: Belconnen

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by 100%green » June 13, 2018, 1:49 pm

greeneyed wrote:
June 12, 2018, 5:28 pm
The club was in an absolute shambles when Furner was sacked, players in revolt. Stuart’s record in Canberra has been significantly affected by the debacle left behind and the need to completely rebuild.

That said Ricky Stuart is running out of time after 2017 and 2018. If the Raiders again miss the finals this year... no further excuses will cut it in 2019.
Problem is two fold...Who will be left on the coaching market worth getting and why is Ricky the only one to wear the blame???

We've gone from Elliott to Henry to Furner to Stuart...and we went with Elliott over Bellamy!!!
Image

User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 28547
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: Western Sydney

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by dubby » June 13, 2018, 2:19 pm

What's interesting is that I've read many posters say they'd be happy with a GF appearance then years in the doldrums. We were one dropped ball from a GF. What's the difference?



Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Image

User avatar
bonehead
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12312
Joined: March 1, 2005, 5:29 am
Location: Smelling The Shiraz

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by bonehead » June 13, 2018, 2:25 pm

100%green wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
June 12, 2018, 5:28 pm
The club was in an absolute shambles when Furner was sacked, players in revolt. Stuart’s record in Canberra has been significantly affected by the debacle left behind and the need to completely rebuild.

That said Ricky Stuart is running out of time after 2017 and 2018. If the Raiders again miss the finals this year... no further excuses will cut it in 2019.
Problem is two fold...Who will be left on the coaching market worth getting and why is Ricky the only one to wear the blame???

We've gone from Elliott to Henry to Furner to Stuart...and we went with Elliott over Bellamy!!!
McGuire, Hasler, Toovey, Henry, Woolford.

I'd take a punt on most of those guys

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer

User avatar
100%green
Don Furner
Posts: 8067
Joined: June 7, 2006, 11:20 pm
Location: Belconnen

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by 100%green » June 13, 2018, 2:26 pm

dubby wrote:
June 13, 2018, 2:19 pm
What's interesting is that I've read many posters say they'd be happy with a GF appearance then years in the doldrums. We were one dropped ball from a GF. What's the difference?



Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Last year maybe, and although yes Hodgo's injury has been an issue this year 2016 to now are vastly different. We really haven't looked like the same team in so many ways. Don't get me wrong I do like Ricky and I applaud the club for the hard work they have done to get the club back to where it is today. But how much longer can that continue before something has to change?
Image

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 14653
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by T_R » June 13, 2018, 2:36 pm

100%green wrote:
June 13, 2018, 1:49 pm
...and we went with Elliott over Bellamy!!!
I think we all need to stop and reflect on that regularly.


We
Went
For
Elliot
Over
Bellamy
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

RedRaider
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6394
Joined: March 3, 2007, 7:02 pm

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by RedRaider » June 13, 2018, 3:05 pm

bonehead wrote:
June 13, 2018, 2:25 pm
Problem is two fold...Who will be left on the coaching market worth getting and why is Ricky the only one to wear the blame???

We've gone from Elliott to Henry to Furner to Stuart...and we went with Elliott over Bellamy!!!

McGuire, Hasler, Toovey, Henry, Woolford.
I'd take a punt on most of those guys
Hopefully those last two were included to make up the numbers Boney. Been there done that with fork tongue Henry. He went to NQ who waited until he left before they won a comp. Then he was moved on from the Titans. Pass. Woolford is a perpetually angry man. Another who has won nothing in the NRL.

The other three though have been down the NRL winners road. Three year contract max and contract written so that we get last offer opportunity. Keep Des away from how the players are paid and let him focus on coaching. Same for Maguire and Toovey. Coaching success is the priority.

We all loved Sticky as a player and what he does off field. But which Board member changed his nappies to have given him that contract extension early last year?

User avatar
-GD-
Don Furner
Posts: 22271
Joined: February 10, 2007, 10:58 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson
Location: ACT

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by -GD- » June 13, 2018, 3:43 pm

T_R wrote:
100%green wrote:
June 13, 2018, 1:49 pm
...and we went with Elliott over Bellamy!!!
I think we all need to stop and reflect on that regularly.


We
Went
For
Elliot
Over
Bellamy
Remember when we passed on Cam Smith.....

User avatar
zim
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5411
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by zim » June 13, 2018, 3:55 pm

Image

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6263
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Sack Ricky

Post by Brew » June 13, 2018, 4:34 pm

No excuses for 2018, Not really, half the season without our best player. Can you imagine if Smith was out for half a season with the Storm.

Not my view, just how the club will see the failure of 2018.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

gergreg
Jason Croker
Posts: 4579
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by gergreg » June 13, 2018, 5:06 pm

Brew wrote:
June 13, 2018, 4:34 pm
No excuses for 2018, Not really, half the season without our best player. Can you imagine if Smith was out for half a season with the Storm.

Not my view, just how the club will see the failure of 2018.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'd argue that we haven't lost games because of Hodgson's absence. Many other areas have let us down and Havili has been really good.
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

User avatar
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12604
Joined: February 26, 2010, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins
Location: Canberra :(

Re: Sack Ricky

Post by Green eyed Mick » June 13, 2018, 5:42 pm

Brew wrote:
June 13, 2018, 4:34 pm
No excuses for 2018, Not really, half the season without our best player. Can you imagine if Smith was out for half a season with the Storm.

Not my view, just how the club will see the failure of 2018.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
If the club's board and CEO excuse this season on Hodgo's absence they are even more incompetent than I had previously expected.

We lose because we persist with players who don't get the basics right. Hodgo will no doubt make a difference but not to the extent where his presence would have dramatically altered results thus far.

Post Reply