Raiders player signing speculation 2018

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13988
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by reptar » June 15, 2018, 11:07 am

luke wrote:
June 15, 2018, 11:01 am
bonehead wrote:
June 15, 2018, 10:10 am
reptar wrote:
bonehead wrote:
reptar wrote:RELEASE ROGER!
huh?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Vewy well, Welease Woger!
I got the quote but not the reference

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I believe Mr Reptar was responding to this: "BUY TEREPO!!!"
This is probably correct.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
zim
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5715
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by zim » June 15, 2018, 12:11 pm

Lui_Bon wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:04 am
zim wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm
Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
So back when he's a kid he's only a dick because of bad advice, but then using and abusing the titans to bleed manly was......? Arrogant and selfish. This isn't a case of "oh hey I've got offers on the table at other clubs." This was a massively public done deal off to the titans lets go all the while holding his hand out to manly in the back room.
Then there's the whole latest Hastings issue where this "club captain" was the main culprit. What an arrogant, stupid and selfish thing to do to one of your own team mates.
There's nothing arrogant about speaking articulately as long as when you open your mouth you're not trying to talk your way around your latest issue, all the while never properly addressing an accusation. He's a politician. Plain and simple.

You don't think it's arrogant for him to tell manly he's not going to turn up to training? Who the **** is any player to say that to their club?

If you're willing to take Gore's word on things then you must love everything about the sharks too.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30191
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » June 15, 2018, 1:28 pm

Raiders666 wrote:
June 14, 2018, 8:48 pm
Matt wrote:
June 14, 2018, 8:27 pm
BUY TEREPO!!!
Haha you love the bloke
Yep. I am loving what he is doing at the Eels at the moment. We need that kind of prop here badly.

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by mamando » June 15, 2018, 1:36 pm

Matt wrote:
June 15, 2018, 1:28 pm
Raiders666 wrote:
June 14, 2018, 8:48 pm
Matt wrote:
June 14, 2018, 8:27 pm
BUY TEREPO!!!
Haha you love the bloke
Yep. I am loving what he is doing at the Eels at the moment. We need that kind of prop here badly.
Right there with you on big Terepo. Have always liked his aggression.

And further, wouldn’t he represent fantastic value for money? That’s surely the central tenet of salary cap management, and the first steps towards being competitive for marquee players. Our esteemed board & recruitment departments don’t ever seem to learn this lesson...

User avatar
mamando
Peter Jackson
Posts: 272
Joined: May 22, 2017, 3:41 pm
Favourite Player: Hard to go past Big Bruce!

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by mamando » June 15, 2018, 1:41 pm

zim wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:11 pm
Lui_Bon wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:04 am
zim wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm
Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
So back when he's a kid he's only a dick because of bad advice, but then using and abusing the titans to bleed manly was......? Arrogant and selfish. This isn't a case of "oh hey I've got offers on the table at other clubs." This was a massively public done deal off to the titans lets go all the while holding his hand out to manly in the back room.
Then there's the whole latest Hastings issue where this "club captain" was the main culprit. What an arrogant, stupid and selfish thing to do to one of your own team mates.
There's nothing arrogant about speaking articulately as long as when you open your mouth you're not trying to talk your way around your latest issue, all the while never properly addressing an accusation. He's a politician. Plain and simple.

You don't think it's arrogant for him to tell manly he's not going to turn up to training? Who the **** is any player to say that to their club?

If you're willing to take Gore's word on things then you must love everything about the sharks too.
Well get him down here to learn from the best in the business, Mr Ricky Stuart! The silver-tongued soothsayer who bleeds green, yet isn’t scared to shove it into a face if anyone dares to question his methods. Into his second decade of pulling the wool over the eyes of his employers - the bloke is a career politician.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30191
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » June 15, 2018, 1:57 pm

mamando wrote:
June 15, 2018, 1:36 pm
Matt wrote:
June 15, 2018, 1:28 pm
Raiders666 wrote:
June 14, 2018, 8:48 pm
Matt wrote:
June 14, 2018, 8:27 pm
BUY TEREPO!!!
Haha you love the bloke
Yep. I am loving what he is doing at the Eels at the moment. We need that kind of prop here badly.
Right there with you on big Terepo. Have always liked his aggression.

And further, wouldn’t he represent fantastic value for money? That’s surely the central tenet of salary cap management, and the first steps towards being competitive for marquee players. Our esteemed board & recruitment departments don’t ever seem to learn this lesson...
I believe he would. However, he is playing very good footy in a contract yr. So price is probably rising every wk.

User avatar
Beejay
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1984
Joined: April 4, 2007, 4:47 pm
Location: Shellharbour

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Beejay » June 15, 2018, 2:11 pm

Watch the match highlights from last night and the Try where Crichton passes to Alex johnston. Terepo jams in so early it forces Crichton to pass it's so obvious. Ridiculous defence, and completely pointless.
One of many of the night, but still.

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30191
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » June 15, 2018, 2:13 pm

Beejay wrote:
June 15, 2018, 2:11 pm
Watch the match highlights from last night and the Try where Crichton passes to Alex johnston. Terepo jams in so early it forces Crichton to pass it's so obvious. Ridiculous defence, and completely pointless.
One of many of the night, but still.
Yep, that was really poor. However, that entire team looked flat. To let the left winger score 4 tries is terrible... interesting that it was an all Jennings affair out there.

User avatar
zim
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5715
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by zim » June 15, 2018, 2:31 pm

mamando wrote:
June 15, 2018, 1:41 pm
zim wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:11 pm
Lui_Bon wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:04 am
zim wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm
Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
So back when he's a kid he's only a dick because of bad advice, but then using and abusing the titans to bleed manly was......? Arrogant and selfish. This isn't a case of "oh hey I've got offers on the table at other clubs." This was a massively public done deal off to the titans lets go all the while holding his hand out to manly in the back room.
Then there's the whole latest Hastings issue where this "club captain" was the main culprit. What an arrogant, stupid and selfish thing to do to one of your own team mates.
There's nothing arrogant about speaking articulately as long as when you open your mouth you're not trying to talk your way around your latest issue, all the while never properly addressing an accusation. He's a politician. Plain and simple.

You don't think it's arrogant for him to tell manly he's not going to turn up to training? Who the **** is any player to say that to their club?

If you're willing to take Gore's word on things then you must love everything about the sharks too.
Well get him down here to learn from the best in the business, Mr Ricky Stuart! The silver-tongued soothsayer who bleeds green, yet isn’t scared to shove it into a face if anyone dares to question his methods. Into his second decade of pulling the wool over the eyes of his employers - the bloke is a career politician.
Haha so your sales pitch is: "I know you've got experience getting away with **** Cherry. Hold my beer."

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3203
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by RTW » June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm

I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30191
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » June 16, 2018, 10:24 am

RTW wrote:
June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?
Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag

FROG
Alan Tongue
Posts: 668
Joined: April 7, 2008, 8:14 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by FROG » June 16, 2018, 10:39 am

I'm with you matt. I've been a fan for years. I'm only concerned he wouldn't be that cheap anymore. He'd be unreal for circa 300k a year. You wouldn't want to pay much more than this.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15362
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by -PJ- » June 16, 2018, 1:44 pm

Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13988
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by reptar » June 16, 2018, 2:00 pm

-PJ- wrote:Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
Awesome ****! I'm choice, bro.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15362
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by -PJ- » June 16, 2018, 2:32 pm

reptar wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:00 pm
-PJ- wrote:Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
Awesome ****! I'm choice, bro.
The response has been overwhelming..I'm touched..and in a legal way.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13988
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by reptar » June 16, 2018, 2:46 pm

-PJ- wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
reptar wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:00 pm
-PJ- wrote:Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
Awesome ****! I'm choice, bro.
The response has been overwhelming..I'm touched..and in a legal way.
I'm glad I could help!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 15362
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by -PJ- » June 16, 2018, 2:51 pm

reptar wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:46 pm
-PJ- wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
reptar wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:00 pm
-PJ- wrote:Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
Awesome ****! I'm choice, bro.
The response has been overwhelming..I'm touched..and in a legal way.
I'm glad I could help!
Hey, you know when a try is scored and the ref will look left and right at his touches for a nod or a wink for confirmation right ?

Well..this morning in Toronto NSW while watching Macquarie v Stockton U12s the ref was looking left/right after every try was scored but THERE WERE NO TOUCHES... :lol:
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
20/7/18 Shark Park - a dark day in rugby league.

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13988
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by reptar » June 16, 2018, 3:09 pm

-PJ- wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:51 pm
reptar wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:46 pm
-PJ- wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:32 pm
reptar wrote:
June 16, 2018, 2:00 pm
-PJ- wrote:Gday all, how is everyone ?

I'm fine.
Awesome ****! I'm choice, bro.
The response has been overwhelming..I'm touched..and in a legal way.
I'm glad I could help!
Hey, you know when a try is scored and the ref will look left and right at his touches for a nod or a wink for confirmation right ?

Well..this morning in Toronto NSW while watching Macquarie v Stockton U12s the ref was looking left/right after every try was scored but THERE WERE NO TOUCHES... :lol:
Hahah - force of habit, I guess. The rule book states the ref is supposed to consult the sideline officials before awarding a try.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22099
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Pigman » June 16, 2018, 7:10 pm

Matt wrote:
June 16, 2018, 10:24 am
RTW wrote:
June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?
Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's
So what is a reasonable price point for a guy like that?

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30191
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » June 17, 2018, 9:16 am

Pigman wrote:
June 16, 2018, 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
June 16, 2018, 10:24 am
RTW wrote:
June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?
Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's
So what is a reasonable price point for a guy like that?

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
Of all the props on our books for next yr Terepo would be #1, yes i know we have a Pom and Sia. That says a lot about what we have right now in the position, but improvement is improvement. I see him as a bench #3 BTW, and a good one at that.

User avatar
Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley
Posts: 18884
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Dr Zaius » June 17, 2018, 9:38 am

gergreg wrote:
Lui_Bon wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:04 am
zim wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm
Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
I think the point that Watmough is too much of a boofhead to make is that teams that have a real dynasty take smaller deals at the club to remain a dynasty. It's why players like Dugan and DCE will never truly experience long term success. Sure, some players have the mentality to earn the total maximum during their career, can't fault them for that, but I'm sure they'd change their mind at the end of their careers to experience success. DCE being slightly different as he has a premiership but I doubt he will achieve another.
Do you think Smith, Slater and Cronk have taken paycuts to hold the dynasty together? We all know what they did the first time round and I doubt any pay cuts since have been minor.

I don't think that I'd put too much weight on Watmoughs opinion of someone's character. The guy is a grub.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

User avatar
Pigman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22099
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Pigman » June 17, 2018, 10:24 am

Matt wrote:
June 17, 2018, 9:16 am
Pigman wrote:
June 16, 2018, 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
June 16, 2018, 10:24 am
RTW wrote:
June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?
Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's
So what is a reasonable price point for a guy like that?

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
Of all the props on our books for next yr Terepo would be #1, yes i know we have a Pom and Sia. That says a lot about what we have right now in the position, but improvement is improvement. I see him as a bench #3 BTW, and a good one at that.
Yeah but you said it, that’s a reflection on how we’re at the position right now, not a reflection on how Terepo is

Like Bateman is a starting front rower for us in 2019 right now... that doesn’t make him an NRL starting caliber player
Just circumstances

I think if Terepo is your #3 middle you’d missing one guy at that position, if he’s your #4 you feel pretty good
The List - K.Love, Keno, Zippy's tennis angels, LA Lakers, Noah, Boozer, Lucy's horse tips, Colts, Lucy, Kevin Proctor, Dr Zaius, TR, Tinfoil hatted Gangers & Woody, anyone in Raiders HQ who can point to QBN on a map....

Matt wrote:
July 18, 2018, 3:49 pm
Edrick Lee 5. Jordan Rapana
Prepare the cannon!

gergreg
Jason Croker
Posts: 4936
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by gergreg » June 17, 2018, 10:37 am

Dr Zaius wrote:
June 17, 2018, 9:38 am
gergreg wrote:
Lui_Bon wrote:
June 15, 2018, 12:04 am
zim wrote:
June 14, 2018, 5:00 pm
Wanting more money is not the issue so much as not turning up to training like a child. It's very easy to say "I understand where you are coming from but I disagree." and continue to do your job like a professional instead of "Nah get **** ****, going home."

As arrogant and selfish as he (still) is; if he fell in our laps we'd be silly to pass him up. He'd be the best halfback we've had in a long time.
...advised by his manager (an Orr) - and it worked. How much more were Watmough or Glen Stewart going to contribute, apart from siphoning off their massive backended salaries?

I'm prepared to take Mr Gore's word for it that DCE is actually quite a good bloke. It's not his fault that he's not as dumb as some of his former teammates. And he's a better half than we've had in years.

I also question where the hell you get the idea that he's arrogant - what, you've watched him speak articulately in a few press conferences?
I think the point that Watmough is too much of a boofhead to make is that teams that have a real dynasty take smaller deals at the club to remain a dynasty. It's why players like Dugan and DCE will never truly experience long term success. Sure, some players have the mentality to earn the total maximum during their career, can't fault them for that, but I'm sure they'd change their mind at the end of their careers to experience success. DCE being slightly different as he has a premiership but I doubt he will achieve another.
Do you think Smith, Slater and Cronk have taken paycuts to hold the dynasty together? We all know what they did the first time round and I doubt any pay cuts since have been minor.

I don't think that I'd put too much weight on Watmoughs opinion of someone's character. The guy is a grub.
Well they did kind of take involuntary pay cuts when they got busted cheating. But I guess when you're paying your players an extra million dollars for 3 or 4 years they can easily afford a pay cut.
Shoving it in your face since 2017

User avatar
Matt
Don Furner
Posts: 30191
Joined: May 18, 2010, 4:17 pm
Favourite Player: Wighton, Croker, Hodgson, Cotric
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Matt » June 17, 2018, 1:27 pm

Pigman wrote:
June 17, 2018, 10:24 am
Matt wrote:
June 17, 2018, 9:16 am
Pigman wrote:
June 16, 2018, 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
June 16, 2018, 10:24 am
RTW wrote:
June 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
I really don’t share the love for Terepo and think the Eels ineffective middles is a major reason for them languishing at the bottom.

What do you see in him Matt?
Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's
So what is a reasonable price point for a guy like that?

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
Of all the props on our books for next yr Terepo would be #1, yes i know we have a Pom and Sia. That says a lot about what we have right now in the position, but improvement is improvement. I see him as a bench #3 BTW, and a good one at that.
Yeah but you said it, that’s a reflection on how we’re at the position right now, not a reflection on how Terepo is

Like Bateman is a starting front rower for us in 2019 right now... that doesn’t make him an NRL starting caliber player
Just circumstances

I think if Terepo is your #3 middle you’d missing one guy at that position, if he’s your #4 you feel pretty good
I don't know. Id be pretty happy if he was our #3 this yr, but with Paulo and Boyd, you shouldn't need much more. I still think he is towards the top of that 2nd tier. You are right though, if he is #4, you are laughing.

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3203
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by RTW » June 17, 2018, 1:34 pm

Matt wrote:
Pigman wrote:
June 17, 2018, 10:24 am
Matt wrote:
June 17, 2018, 9:16 am
Pigman wrote:
June 16, 2018, 7:10 pm
Matt wrote:
June 16, 2018, 10:24 am
Energy
Aggression
Big mins
Power running
A reasobable price tag
"Reasonable price tag" ... I suppose that is dependent entirely on how you view him.
Terepo is a fine #3 or #4 middle forward, good bench player... he's fine but he's not moving the needle in terms of improving us in the W's and L's
So what is a reasonable price point for a guy like that?

I'd take him at 300k in a near 10mil cap... i wouldnt pay anything more for him. He's not nearly as good as you think he is. Or rather he's not as impactful or consistent as you seem to think he is. He'd be an upgrade on Bateman/Grubb, that's about it.
Of all the props on our books for next yr Terepo would be #1, yes i know we have a Pom and Sia. That says a lot about what we have right now in the position, but improvement is improvement. I see him as a bench #3 BTW, and a good one at that.
Yeah but you said it, that’s a reflection on how we’re at the position right now, not a reflection on how Terepo is

Like Bateman is a starting front rower for us in 2019 right now... that doesn’t make him an NRL starting caliber player
Just circumstances

I think if Terepo is your #3 middle you’d missing one guy at that position, if he’s your #4 you feel pretty good
I don't know. Id be pretty happy if he was our #3 this yr, but with Paulo and Boyd, you shouldn't need much more. I still think he is towards the top of that 2nd tier. You are right though, if he is #4, you are laughing.

It comes down to the minutes you are getting out of your number 1 and 2 front rowers. If they are pushing up to 50+ min then Terapo would be great as a high impact low minutes player and I would happily have him as your first rotation.

I just don’t see him as ever being an elite front rower. As you have said if you get him cheap he is worth it but if he is ever your starting prop then it says more about the other guys then him.

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3793
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 » June 17, 2018, 1:46 pm

I wonder if Cowboys will push extra hard for Norman now that Morgan is out for the season

sprintman
Simon Woolford
Posts: 409
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by sprintman » June 17, 2018, 2:22 pm

Just read “a pivot from Canberra is moving to Storm or Eels”. Now I wonder who that would be?

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3793
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 » June 17, 2018, 2:25 pm

Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3203
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by RTW » June 17, 2018, 2:29 pm

sprintman wrote:Just read “a pivot from Canberra is moving to Storm or Eels”. Now I wonder who that would be?

Well it is not Hingano because he is a Hooker/winger.

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3203
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by RTW » June 17, 2018, 2:30 pm

Raiders666 wrote:Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

With the dogs Salary cap crisis you would be mad not to!!

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3793
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 » June 17, 2018, 2:43 pm

RTW wrote:
June 17, 2018, 2:30 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

With the dogs Salary cap crisis you would be mad not to!!

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.
Yeah true...Supposedly Mick Ennis was saying we were chasing him while commentating yesterday. Raiders facebook fans saying no to Klemmer makes me laugh 😂😂😂

Raiders666
David Furner
Posts: 3793
Joined: June 9, 2013, 11:25 am
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by Raiders666 » June 17, 2018, 2:43 pm

RTW wrote:
June 17, 2018, 2:30 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

With the dogs Salary cap crisis you would be mad not to!!

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.
Yeah true...Supposedly Mick Ennis was saying we were chasing him while commentating yesterday. Raiders facebook fans saying no to Klemmer makes me laugh 😂😂😂

sprintman
Simon Woolford
Posts: 409
Joined: July 11, 2015, 5:57 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Canberra

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by sprintman » June 17, 2018, 4:38 pm

Klemmer would be damn useful

User avatar
luke
John Ferguson
Posts: 2214
Joined: February 7, 2010, 5:32 pm
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by luke » June 17, 2018, 6:16 pm

Raiders666 wrote:
June 17, 2018, 2:43 pm
RTW wrote:
June 17, 2018, 2:30 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

With the dogs Salary cap crisis you would be mad not to!!

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.
Yeah true...Supposedly Mick Ennis was saying we were chasing him while commentating yesterday. Raiders facebook fans saying no to Klemmer makes me laugh 😂😂😂
Haha thats madness. We’re too good for Klemmer now?

User avatar
edwahu
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16473
Joined: January 13, 2005, 5:22 pm

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2018

Post by edwahu » June 17, 2018, 6:34 pm

Raiders666 wrote:
June 17, 2018, 2:43 pm
RTW wrote:
June 17, 2018, 2:30 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Apparantly we are chasing Klemmer??

With the dogs Salary cap crisis you would be mad not to!!

They don’t want to let him go they will clear space with Mayr, Woods, Foran and the Morris brothers first.
Yeah true...Supposedly Mick Ennis was saying we were chasing him while commentating yesterday. Raiders facebook fans saying no to Klemmer makes me laugh 😂😂😂
There were a few in the same boat around here.

Post Reply