Gold Coast Titans 2018

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by greeneyed » January 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Gold Coast Titans appoint new head of football as rebuild ramps up

The Gold Coast Titans' rebuild has taken another vital step with Phil Moss appointed as head of football where he will oversee football operations, including recruitment.

Moss held the same role at the Cronulla Sharks for the past year and had similar positions at the Wests Tigers, Penrith Panthers and the Parramatta Eels over the past 12 years.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/24/tit ... -ramps-up/

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine

Re: Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by -PJ- » January 30, 2018, 2:15 pm

This is my spoon tip...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:

gergreg
Jason Croker

Post by gergreg » February 3, 2018, 9:23 pm

Bryce Cartwright granted immediate release to join the Titans...

Penrith Panthers release Bryce Cartwright to join Gold Coast Titans

Garth Brennan has hailed Bryce Cartwright as the "most skilful player I've ever coached" and is convinced he can turn him into a State of Origin regular after the enigmatic star walked out on the Panthers to take up a deal close to $3 million with NRL strugglers Gold Coast.

Cartwright, 23, added to the NRL's summer merry-go-round after asking for a release from his Panthers deal, which was to keep him at the foot of the mountains for another four years, to reunite with Penrith's former lower-grade coach Brennan.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 0t6wp.html

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

Northern Raider
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider » February 3, 2018, 10:14 pm

Titans making immediate use of the money freed up by Hayne leaving.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 » February 4, 2018, 7:33 am

**** that is a brilliant signing.
Last edited by greeneyed on February 4, 2018, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Swearing is not permitted on the site.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.

BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider » February 4, 2018, 9:53 am

Can't wait to see the defensive combo of Cartwright, Elgey and Brenko.

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW » February 4, 2018, 1:31 pm

-PJ- wrote:This is my spoon tip...

I’ve got them making the 8. They have one of the better starting forward packs in the comp and have recruited well enough that whilst their backline doesn’t look extremely flash it does have some good competition for spots.

I like What I have seen and read about Brennan as a coach and he has bought along his own backroom. Which may help fix what I think has been the Titans biggest problem over the past years - the amount of injuries the club has must be a result of training.

As a club they have new owners and New training facilities which should help to a degree.

To be honest I will head down and watch them play a number of times this year and with the exception of round 1 will be cheering them on.

gangrenous
Steve Walters

Post by gangrenous » February 4, 2018, 2:47 pm

Don’t forget RTW that they cut loose the dead weight holding them back

RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW » February 4, 2018, 2:52 pm

gangrenous wrote:Don’t forget RTW that they cut loose the dead weight holding them back
Good point! And the man they got to replace him is the total opposite in almost every respect.

I don’t think Gordon’s influence on this team will be felt as much on the field as it will be off the field. Talk to anyone who has worked with him and he is just such a hard worker.compare this influence on the halves to what Hayne offered.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 » February 4, 2018, 5:59 pm

That doesn’t change the fact he will be the 17th best fullback in the comp with daylight 16th

the bone
Brett Mullins

Post by the bone » February 4, 2018, 6:03 pm

Fullback is the major weakness in their squad for sure. If they had a better fullback, they could shift Gordon to the wing and they’d have a decent side.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby » February 4, 2018, 6:06 pm

BrisbaneRaider wrote:Can't wait to see the defensive combo of Cartwright, Elgey and Brenko.
Yuk Good point!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW » February 4, 2018, 6:46 pm

julian87 wrote:That doesn’t change the fact he will be the 17th best fullback in the comp with daylight 16th

Plenty of non-Raiders supporters would argue that Wighton holds that position.

He is getting old but their is a bees dick between his best x worst game. The same can’t be said for the likes of Wighton and The tigers fullback ( name escapes me).

Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake » February 4, 2018, 7:09 pm

Brennan seems like a likeable chap. I'd say the Pamfers are a bigger chance of missing the 8 than the Titans.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Steve Walters

Post by gangrenous » February 4, 2018, 8:26 pm

RTW wrote:
julian87 wrote:That doesn’t change the fact he will be the 17th best fullback in the comp with daylight 16th

Plenty of non-Raiders supporters would argue that Wighton holds that position.

He is getting old but their is a bees dick between his best x worst game. The same can’t be said for the likes of Wighton and The tigers fullback ( name escapes me).
Could find the odd Raiders fan too I reckon...

gergreg
Jason Croker

Post by gergreg » February 4, 2018, 9:12 pm

RTW wrote:

I’ve got them making the 8. They have one of the better starting forward packs in the comp and have recruited well enough that whilst their backline doesn’t look extremely flash it does have some good competition for spots.

I like What I have seen and read about Brennan as a coach and he has bought along his own backroom. Which may help fix what I think has been the Titans biggest problem over the past years - the amount of injuries the club has must be a result of training.

As a club they have new owners and New training facilities which should help to a degree.

To be honest I will head down and watch them play a number of times this year and with the exception of round 1 will be cheering them on.
Really? What is their starting pack? Peats, Paasi, Cartwright - who else have they got?

Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW » February 4, 2018, 9:22 pm

James, Wallace, Proctor,

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 » February 5, 2018, 9:10 am

gergreg wrote:
February 4, 2018, 9:12 pm
RTW wrote:

Really? What is their starting pack? Peats, Paasi, Cartwright - who else have they got?

James
Peats
Latu
Proctor
Cartwright
Arrow

(Wallace)
Not even in the top 5 starting packs imo. It’s a very weak back row. Proctor showed last year he’s not world class, Arrow’s a rookie and Carty is a back row/half hybrid.

-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine

Post by -PJ- » February 5, 2018, 9:43 am

RTW wrote:
February 4, 2018, 1:31 pm

Still last...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:

gergreg
Jason Croker

Post by gergreg » June 9, 2018, 9:41 am

Brennan defends Wallace against Origin detractors

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has taken a shot at the criticism aimed at Jarrod Wallace after the Maroons prop hit back from an underwhelming effort on Wednesday with an outstanding performance in the Titans' narrow loss to South Sydney at Cbus Super Stadium.

With interchange props Max King and Moeaki Fotuaika lasting just six minutes between them because of injury, Wallace put in an outstanding effort of pure will in front of Maroons coach Kevin Walters just 48 hours after playing for Queensland.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/09/gol ... etractors/
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

gergreg
Jason Croker

Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by gergreg » June 14, 2018, 11:31 am

Brimson firms in battle for Titans' No.6

Gold Coast rookie Alexander 'AJ' Brimson appears to have worked his way into the Titans' long-term plans but the future of the man he has replaced is far less certain.

Still only 19, Brimson has displaced fellow Tweed Heads talent Kane Elgey in the halves and is signed with the club until 2020.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/brimso ... 4zlco.html
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8

gergreg
Jason Croker

Gold Coast Titans 2018

Post by gergreg » June 14, 2018, 11:59 am

Elgey among group of Titans yet to secure future

Gold Coast five-eighth Kane Elgey's future remains in limbo as he attracts offers from home and abroad.

The Titans head into their round 15 clash with the Bulldogs on Saturday with five of their selected players still unsigned for next season, including winger Anthony Don who celebrates his 100th game for the club at Belmore Sports Ground.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/13/fut ... -in-limbo/
Raiders Member #4173
Bay 72, Row T, Seat 8