Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Name change

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: October 11, 2019, 7:28 am
PigRickman wrote:FWIW im staying as PigRickman

I still beleive, it's a shame some of us dont... but that's for them to square with their god
To be fair though, every single element of your name is stolen from me... most of the plebs on here just don’t realise it though
To be fair to them, half of them dont really seem to realise we're different people!
And maybe we're not, maybe we're just different personalities of the same physical being
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

PigRickman wrote:

I still beleive, it's a shame some of us dont... but that's for them to square with their god
To be fair though, every single element of your name is stolen from me... most of the plebs on here just don’t realise it though
To be fair to them, half of them dont really seem to realise we're different people!
And maybe we're not, maybe we're just different personalities of the same physical being
You just blew my mind... man
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: October 11, 2019, 8:12 am
PigRickman wrote:

You just blew my mind... man
Our mind, friend.
Our mind.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

At least you have the power to change your pic. That dude with Brew looks like a failed audition for the Addams Family.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: October 11, 2019, 10:31 am

At least you have the power to change your pic. That dude with Brew looks like a failed audition for the Addams Family.
Wait, are you talking to me or PigRickDick??
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: October 11, 2019, 11:16 am
Northern Raider wrote: October 11, 2019, 10:31 am

Wait, are you talking to me or PigRickDick??
Has to be you. PigRick's pic is some ranga with Sticky. No Brew in sight.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I have no idea what's going on anymore.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Rickman wrote: October 11, 2019, 2:49 pm I have no idea what's going on anymore.
Serves you right for changing your name to begin with.

.... although it was clearly the reason we made the GF.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'll look after you mate
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yayyyyy, dubbbyyyy!!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm back, baby!! What have I missed the last eight months or so??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dubs has made a dangerous and vindictive enemy here tonight.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Leave him alone, TR!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Geez, usually that's the other way around. Nickman standing up for me? TR threatening me?

I'm scared.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

This is indeed a bizarre universe
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bizarre indeed

On the other hand, I'll celebrate
By the adding of chocolate to milk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Oh yeah?? C’mere a minute!
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I'd like to request to have Nickman's latest name change reversed.

Nothing in this thread that says we can't do that.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty wrote: October 14, 2019, 7:22 pm I'd like to request to have Nickman's latest name change reversed.

I checked with T_R and he said OK!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:
Schifty wrote: October 14, 2019, 7:22 pm I'd like to request to have Nickman's latest name change reversed.

I checked with T_R and he said OK!
Can we tweak it further to Rickhead?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

WHERE THE HELL DID SCHIFTY APPEAR FROM????

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote: October 17, 2019, 9:57 am WHERE THE HELL DID SCHIFTY APPEAR FROM????
I have no idea, but I'd like to request a name change to The Nickman, please.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: October 17, 2019, 10:01 am
That’s T_R’s department.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Don't do it. We had a guy who used to post under that name and he was a total jerk.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: October 17, 2019, 10:30 am
Don't do it. We had a guy who used to post under that name and he was a total jerk.
I don't think the Rickman is much better!!

How's this... if you guys change my name I'll promise to try to not be a jerk to anyone for the rest of the year!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm not going to do it. Not for any good reason, but just as a deeply pathetic exercise of the tiny sliver of power that my green username gives me.
Honestly, I pity myself.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Where's dubby when you need him? He's such a good bloke in comparison to monsters like you, Tokyo.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Could i please have my name changed to Botman?

thanks in advanced.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Can I please have mine changed to K_****?

No, no, too obvious... Kristijan_B

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Much love.
New Avy to go... a fresh start. This feels nice
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:Oh yeah?? C’mere a minute!
You c'mere a minute!

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Oh not Rickman..

I miss nickman

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:FWIW im staying as PigRickman

"There will be no carbon tax under the government I lead?"

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:Oh not Rickman..Image

I miss nickman

You know you can fix this... right??
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Oh yeah?? C’mere a minute!
You c'mere a minute!

Oh yeah??