The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Yes or no?

Post by Sid »

-TW- wrote:
greeneyed wrote:It's not weird. I just asked my painters and 50 per cent of people put Vegemite in the fridge. Fact.

However only 25 per cent of people put sauce in the fridge.
The painters are probably like ****?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah, most people just ask them for a quote when they phone them.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote:
-TW- wrote:
greeneyed wrote:It's not weird. I just asked my painters and 50 per cent of people put Vegemite in the fridge. Fact.

However only 25 per cent of people put sauce in the fridge.
The painters are probably like ****?

Yeah, most people just ask them for a quote when they phone them.

:lol:

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I've had painters at my apartment for the past two weeks. And they arrive every morning at 7:30am. Even Saturdays. They're like old friends now. This is their last day... maybe some final tidy ups tomorrow.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Are they painting a mural?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar wrote:Are they painting a mural?
No, they're painting every single thing that doesn't move. It's a complete repaint and fixing water damage in several places and covering up where old heating and cooling has been relocated.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:
reptar wrote:Are they painting a mural?
No, they're painting every single thing that doesn't move. It's a complete repaint and fixing water damage in several places and covering up where old heating and cooling has been relocated.
Okay so not a quick job at all
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Would've been quicker if GE didn't keep hiding the paint in the fridge.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Strange... very... very strange, Vegemite in the fridge.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

False teeth in a glass of water when your asleep.
This place is woke.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Manbush wrote:Would've been quicker if GE didn't keep hiding the paint in the fridge.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Vegemite in the fridge. Now I've heard eveything.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Who puts Vegemite in the fridge? And what is wrong with these people?

Tomato sauce on the other hand, there's no argument. Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

So sauce in the fridge, and ketchup kept permanently on the table?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Marriage Eq...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:Marriage Eq...
In the fridge

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

T_R wrote:
In the fridge
in the closet
Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:
In the fridge

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

On the back burner...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Instant coffee y/n?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

dubby wrote:Instant coffee y/n?
You cannot be serious.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No.

I was cleaning my cupboard yesterday, given the painters have been through and there's lots of dust. My instant coffee jar had a use by date of 2004.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Only if the good stuff isn't available nearby.
Instant coffee is vile stuff, but it's better than no coffee.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote:
I could imagine circumstances in which I'd inject it directly into my veins, but I can't see any situation where I'd drink it.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Yes..

Might go boil the jug right now.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

T_R wrote:
Sid wrote:
I could imagine circumstances in which I'd inject it directly into my veins, but I can't see any situation where I'd drink it.
I might have to start giving that a go. Have been fighting to get a proper coffee machine at our work,
the closest half decent café to us is 13km away. I have a Delonghi Nespresso Gran Maestria for home though.

Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Sid wrote:
No chance in hell.

And no its not better than no coffee... I drink way too much coffee (3 a day is usually the minimum) but if i don't have access to a proper coffee i flat out refuse to ingest mud as a subsitute.

If i'm desperate for a caffeine hit, i'll go get a redbull (not a fan of energy drinks generally, but i'd rather the 47 spoons of sugar over a cup of international roast).
I found a moon rock in my nose....
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No way in hell

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dibbers wrote: And no its not better than no coffee... I drink way too much coffee (3 a day is usually the minimum)
You see, this is where I'm falling down. I've had my first 3 coffees of the day before 5.30am.

I doubt I've had less than 10 coffees in any single day for the last decade or more, and often far more.

Which explains why I haven't slept since about 2005, I'd imagine.

Gawd...I'm a drug addict.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I drink it out of necessity. The local cafe serves sour, bitter, acrid filth that is actually worse than a cup of nescafe gold.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Dibbers »

dubby wrote:Image Image

I drink it out of necessity. The local cafe serves sour, bitter, acrid filth that is actually worse than a cup of nescafe gold.
I've got a nespresso machine at home out of convenience. I usually buy cheaper pods from woolies though. I'll definitely be buying an old school machine when it dies though (or get my dads old one restored if i can find a spare $1k laying around, its a brilliant machine and a sentimental piece, see photo below). We have a nespresso machine at work but it uses the commercial pods which you can't get other than through nespresso...

I buy 1 or 2 a day from the cafe at work, and I have 2 at home. I've got a stash of the commercial nespresso pods too for emergencies (which occur daily). I'd rather a bad proper coffee than a "good" nescafe any day of the week though.

Dads old machine (cost $1300 in the early 80s apparently, and dad was a bit of a tight *** so it was massive when he bought it)

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

That's an awesome bit of equipment there Dibbers!

Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Dibbers »

Sid wrote:That's an awesome bit of equipment there Dibbers!
Thanks mate. Its sitting on top of a kitchen cupboard as a display piece at the moment. It was Dads pride and joy, and when he passed away i called shotgun on it before my brothers or sister could.

It needs a new heating element, and i'm pretty sure the water reservoir needs replacing/repairing, so it'll be quite expensive to fix. But i definitely want to get it up and running again at some point.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:No.

I was cleaning my cupboard yesterday, given the painters have been through and there's lots of dust. My instant coffee jar had a use by date of 2004.
Did you give Jeeves and Giles the day off?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'll have my nice barista made cup in the morning but will go instant during the day, cause I don't get a chance to go back to a cafe.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Dibbers »

Now while i will strongly oppose any form of discrimination currently under discussion in the politics thread, I will openly discriminate against people who drink instant mud and have the audacity call it coffee!

For Shame!!!!!