2016 US Elections

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

2016 US Elections

Post by Schifty »

Thought we should have separate thread from the main politics one.

Long, Long, Long way to go..
T_R
Don Furner

Re: 2016 US Elections

Post by T_R »

Are you authorised to start threads?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Are you authorised to start threads?
You're just a proxy admin so I don't have to answer that question.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Rubbish. I'm inner circle.

You'll talk, damn you.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Rubbish. I'm inner circle.

You'll talk, damn you.
When you become Trump's VP I might talk out of fear.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Im hoping for a Sarah Palin reprise.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Elections are the best
I listen to a pod today which described Trump as the Washington Generals
I think that's spot on
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Trump will be the Republican candidate.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I can't see Trump being beaten either so whilst the campaign will be fun to watch this time next year the leader of the free world will either be a 2 faced, power hungry narcissist with highly questionable ethics or Donald Trump.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Probably, though I don't think Rubio is out of it just yet
But I think the Generals point is it doesn't matter who wins the GOP, they'll get wiped out in the general election by (probably) Hilary
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:Probably, though I don't think Rubio is out of it just yet
But I think the Generals point is it doesn't matter who wins the GOP, they'll get wiped out in the general election by (probably) Hilary
Don't discount the ability of the Dems to self destruct with an unelectable Sanders candidacy.

Even if Clinton gets up, her horrendous campaigning skills will be a pretty stark constrast to our reality TV star.

There is a real chance that Trump could be in the White House next year.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I think the real hope for the Presidential Election is people turning out to not vote for Trump rather than Hillary getting people motivated to work..

If Trump doubles down and makes Palin the VP this will happen even more.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

If there's a low turnout, the Republicans win

Botman
Mal Meninga

2016 US Elections

Post by Botman »

I think if Trump is the GOP candidate that will inspire some dem voters to get off their ****

At least I HOPE that's the case
Last edited by Botman on February 24, 2016, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Well there's one Republican that would vote for Clinton over Trump.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/02/20/ ... -wins.html

Only need a few million more and we're safe.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

For Clinton?

Maybe.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The other side of it is this... Are we sure the Donald actually wants this job? He spent a lot of time there seemingly trying to sabotage his own campaign

I mean he's a wildcard, he could do anything at this point and it wouldn't shock me. Including pulling out of the race on the eve of nomination :lol:
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pigman wrote:The other side of it is this... Are we sure the Donald actually wants this job? He spent a lot of time there seemingly trying to sabotage his own campaign

I mean he's a wildcard, he could do anything at this point and it wouldn't shock me. Including pulling out of the race on the eve of nomination :lol:
It might just be one massive **** troll.. Forgot which comedian it was but they said something like "Trump is acting like someone trying to get fired but not quit so he gets the payout"

I think it started off as a joke until he saw he was still leading after a few months so stuck with it.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I think we need a quick recap of some of Trump's messages this campaign.

*Build a wall across Mexico.
*Make Mexico pay for that wall
*Ban Muslims from America.
*Call Mexicans a bunch of Rapist
*Deport 12 Million "illegals'
*Remove all gun free zones, including schools
*Get to ISIS buy killing their families.
*Say there'll be no state dinners for Chinese President, he'll buy him Maccas
*Say he could shoot someone in the street and not lose a vote
*Bring back waterboarding
*Insult the Pope
*Claim at least one of his opponents isn't eligible to run for President

Did I miss anything??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Schifty wrote:I think we need a quick recap of some of Trump's messages this campaign.

*Build a wall across Mexico.
*Make Mexico pay for that wall
*Ban Muslims from America.
*Call Mexicans a bunch of Rapist
*Deport 12 Million "illegals'
*Remove all gun free zones, including schools
*Get to ISIS buy killing their families.
*Say there'll be no state dinners for Chinese President, he'll buy him Maccas
*Say he could shoot someone in the street and not lose a vote
*Bring back waterboarding
*Insult the Pope
*Claim at least one of his opponents isn't eligible to run for President

Did I miss anything??
His hair is pretty offensive
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2016 US Elections

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahaha the longer this goes the more I hope Trump wins.

He's just an old-school troll, and I can associate with that
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote:Hahahaha the longer this goes the more I hope Trump wins.

He's just an old-school troll, and I can associate with that

"I'm against his destroying the world policy, but I really like he trolling Republicans policy"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He's not going to destroy the world! He's just a big-mouth, he won't do ANY of those things he said he would if he actually gets in

At the end of the day the guy is a successful businessman and will probably run the country like a business
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:He's not going to destroy the world! He's just a big-mouth, he won't do ANY of those things he said he would if he actually gets in

At the end of the day the guy is a successful businessman and will probably run the country like a business
He's been bankrupt three times and even now has less money than if he'd taken his inheritance and invested it on a share market average return.

The man could have spent the last 40 years watching TV and would be richer.

Interesting definition of successful.

Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I am interested to see how significant the blowback against Hillary will be if she wins the nomination. A lot of centre left people despise Clinton.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I am surprised there are people outside of america who supports the D Trump.

The guy wants to bar all muslims from entering the country. That in itself should be ridiculous enough not to support him regardless of his thoughts on other areas of policy.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Green eyed Mick wrote:I am interested to see how significant the blowback against Hillary will be if she wins the nomination. A lot of centre left people despise Clinton.
The issue in this whole campaign is going to be just how many people can be bothered getting out of bed on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.

If it's Trump v Clinton, his best hope is that everyone stays up late the night before and sleeps in. She's going to have to somehow - SOMEHOW - convince people she's worth going out in the snow to vote for.

Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

T_R wrote:
The Nickman wrote:He's not going to destroy the world! He's just a big-mouth, he won't do ANY of those things he said he would if he actually gets in

He's been bankrupt three times and even now has less money than if he'd taken his inheritance and invested it on a share market average return.

The man could have spent the last 40 years watching TV and would be richer.

Interesting definition of successful.
:lol:
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

papabear wrote:I am surprised there are people outside of america who supports the D Trump.

The guy wants to bar all muslims from entering the country. That in itself should be ridiculous enough not to support him regardless of his thoughts on other areas of policy.
I dunno, substitute D Trump for P Hansen and there's people in Australia willing to vote based on largely that same principle.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Article a mate forwarded to me today by Matt Taibbi at Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... e-20160224

Interesting read.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Seems fair enough to me

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Pigman wrote:Article a mate forwarded to me today by Matt Taibbi at Rolling Stone:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... e-20160224

Interesting read.
What a fantastic read! Thanks Nocko.

I hope the **** wins.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2016 US Elections

Post by The Nickman »

Schifty wrote:
Hahaha this guy is seriously going to towel Hilary up.

This is happening. And may God have mercy on us all.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I think you're spot on.

Donald Trump is a walking attack ad on himself and only seems to gain votes!