2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs - THE AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY 7PM

Post by greeneyed »

Enough of that, get on with it!
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote:Enough of that, get on with it!
As we planned (about 2 hours ago) TR reposts pigman's previews then I put up the results.

I'd say more about him but it is possible he is in Canberra right now so I'm worried about my safety.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Well, it's time to move to the big one, the Daley C. The winning poster joins a list of the good and great of The GH - Greeneyed, Dubby, Thickos, Raider_69, RedRaider and last year's winner, Raidersrawesom.

2015 saw the emergence of some great new posting talent, as well as the continued contributions of some leading old stagers.

Daley C Poster of the Year
$2.50 Schifty
$4.00 reptar
$1.80 T_R
$3.80 Matt
$8.90 The Nickman
$7.50 Raidersrawesome
$3.00 Pigman
$2.50 edwahu

Big field and good luck picking a winner. I think the favourite here is T_R but the challengers are coming thick and fast. I like Schifty and edwahu to really push him for votes and if you love a roughie, take on Nickman at odds to come home with the cookies
Look, there is no easy way to say this, but half this field is a **** joke. Absolute joke. T_R will win, because he's the type of poster who routinely wins these things, but there can be no doubting that the honourable Pigman was by far and away the best poster this year

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

And I had an IT issue...forgot to plug in my laptop!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:And I had an IT issue...forgot to plug in my laptop!
++ Joke rescinded ++
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

what an absolute **** show. Some how we've managed to lower the bar in 2015
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:
There's always - ALWAYS - room to sink lower on The GH.

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

At least they haven't said the wrong name.
They are 1 up on Piggys Miss Universe host
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Schifty wrote:
++ Joke rescinded ++

**** :lol:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Matt wrote:At least they haven't said the wrong name.
Actually, we got almost all the names wrong.

It's a complete cluster ****

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

This had taken so long the cat responsible for my award has taken to watching the cricket.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
Pigman wrote:
There's always - ALWAYS - room to sink lower on The GH.
I think we should be proud of this.

Remember Nickman cleaned up the awards last year so it was going to take a lot to top.. or is it lower... that.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Anyway....time for a drum roll and some appropriate gravitas.....

Time for the Daley C!

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

T_R wrote:
Matt wrote:At least they haven't said the wrong name.
Actually, we got almost all the names wrong.

It's a complete cluster ****
U r defence T_R???
Thats a common saying there
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Pigman wrote:
I think T_R and Schifty have done well. Schifty is to the Boogs as Neil Patrick Harris or Ellen is to the Oscars.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

reptar wrote:Image

This had taken so long the cat responsible for my award has taken to watching the cricket.
You're cat didn't vote to me so I'm not too concerned by this news.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Dum da da dum...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

He looks angry.

No more Mr Nike guy?

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote:
Pigman wrote:
I think T_R and Schifty have done well. Schifty is to the Boogs as Neil Patrick Harris or Ellen is to the Oscars.
Thanks.

I think :hmmm
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Schifty wrote:

You're cat didn't vote to me so I'm not too concerned by this news.
No but Snowball might have.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Here is people the big one. This was the most tightly contested award with the "winner" achieving a "Majority" equivalent to that of the senior partner in a Swedish coalition government ! Take that #SWEPOL!

Anyway the big news here is the Pigman achieved a 13% increase on his previous year showing, a big improvement but not enough to win

Daley C Poster of the Year

Schifty
reptar
T_R
Matt
The Nickman
Raidersrawesome
Pigman
edwahu

and the winner....

Raidersareawesome – 17%

Congratulations RRA, as a bonus reward I will now conisder following you on twitter.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

More of a Seth McFarlane, but yeah

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

T_R wrote:

He looks angry.

No more Mr Nike guy?
:clap:
T_R out reptar-ed, reptar
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:

He looks angry.

No more Mr Nike guy?
He's angry because Chris Lynn got out.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Congratz RRA.
Deserves it.

Haha, out did Piggy again.
SELF EDIT And now the results are gone.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:More of a Seth McFarlane, but yeah

I'll definitely take that one :woot:

#SandersForPresident.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Congratulations to RRA! This is made possible for him because i just took over his commentary in my boredom, allowing him to concentrate on quality contributions!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

A worthy winner in a big year on The GH! Congratulations to Raidersrawesome on backing up in 2015!

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote:
Pigman wrote:Bradbury only won once, Matty boy... Ol Pigman has dominated the boogs in the same way that Earth has dominated the Miss Universe pageant
Ummmmm....
Not sure where to start here, but.... when did the earth win??? I think the Earth might actually be weaping at those things.

In that analogy I think you are actually either the trophy or Boogs himself. The latter is scary.
Just caught this... Oh dear, Matt... Oh dear.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

If you can win with 17% in these things we definitely need to move to preferential voting.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Before we bring the event to a close... there is indeed one more formality:

Tonight we welcome a new member into the GH Hall of Fame.

I'm delighted to announce, that getting a green jacket to join his brothers Raider_69, Edabomb and Greeneyed is... a great man, one who's contributed greatly to the GH over many, many years. He's contributed as a poster providing a sometimes different insight into the goings on of this great club, often with a cooler head than the rest of us.
As a moderator he's always been fair and just, careful to let the posters go about their business without impeding unless it really does cross the line and now as an administration, he continues to help steer the GH ship through waters that are sometimes troubling.
He's also the type of poster who puts his hand up for silly things like the Boogs when no one else is willing.

We are pleased to welcome TR into the GH Hall Of Fame.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That is staggeringly, staggeringly flattering.

Thank you very much for that Nick. I am genuinely honoured.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

And that brings our ceremony to an end here. A big thank you to Schifty for his presentation, and a massive congratulations to the worthy winners.

Thank you very much to everyone for another entertaining and informative year as part of The Greenhouse community. I've always been a Raiders fan, but never so much as since I discovered the like-minded souls of The GH.

I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and the best imaginable 2016.

reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Congratulations also to T_R! That is esteemed company.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

I'd like to thank TR for doing all the leg work so I could just swoop in here and throw in a 2/10 performance.

Also bonus points to him for only editing one of my posts tonight

Send him a PM if you want to know what was enclosed in that.