2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

2015 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

Post by T_R »

The 2015 Golden Boogs - AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY NIGHT FROM 7pm

Welcome to the 2015 Golden Boogs! The annual Greenhouse forum awards, named after 2003 Canberra Raiders rookie of the year, Jason Bulgarelli. The awards ceremony will kick off Tuesday 22 December at 7pm.

Official hashtag: #GoldenBoogs2015

The nominees:

Blake Austin as Ragnar - greeneyed by Aero

The Statman - Matt

Hakuna Rapana - Aero

Newbie of the Year

zim
Hello123
Sid

Underrated poster

Toviii
Manchild
cat
zim

Matt Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

Schifty
reptar
The Hooter

Forum Villain of the Year

Pigman
IronRaiden
bileduct

Forum Rivalry of the Year

The Nickman and IronRaiden
Matt's Match-ups and Pigman's "I'm right and you **** know it"
greeneyed and Dr Zaius

Obsession of the Year

Dr Zaius and Queensland
charlie11 and Cronin
The Greenhouse and LUKE PAGE

Quality over quantity

RedRaider
Seiffert82
Matt
charlie11

Best football brain

Matt
RedRaider
Pigman

Best Thread/Regular Feature of the Year

The GH Match Preview
The Game Day Thread
Matt's Match-ups
Pigman's "I'm right and you **** know it"
The Hooter
My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
The GH commentary team

The Missing in Action Award

Shezza
Michael
Rodman
Albi

Worst thread of the Year

Croker can't defend
Ricky Stuart
My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
The Religion Thread

Daley C Poster of the Year

Schifty
reptar
T_R
Matt
The Nickman
Raidersrawesome
Pigman
edwahu

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
manbearpig
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Wighton

Re: The 2015 Golden Boogs - THE AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY 7PM

Post by manbearpig »

First
Im just, bicking back being bool
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Who's running the book on this thing?

We've got a 20,000 page gambling thread and no one with their hand up

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fergos 17 alts ruined that, maybe his new one can
Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Post by Manchild »

Hang on. Hold up. I am nominated for "Underated Poster?" When did this happen?

According to IronRaiden that means I am ****. Is this an insulting award?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

The 2015 Golden Boogs - THE AWARDS CEREMONY TUESDAY 7PM

Post by Botman »

Pigman is right, and you **** know it!

Rules are simple, im telling you who the better poster is, if you disagree, refer to the title

Odds and thoughts provided by CRAB TAB:
Pigman is right thoughts

$2.75 Blake Austin as Ragnar - greeneyed by Aero
$3.50 The Statman - Matt
$1.76 Hakuna Rapana - Aero

Clear favourite here IMO, we've got a creative slogan, combined with nice artwork and an insanely popular player. Austin as Ragnar not with out a chance, I think Statman runs a clear 3rd
If Statman gets a single **** vote over Hakuna Rapana we should wind this entire thing up and call it a day. This shouldn't even be **** close. Hakuna Rapana wins in a landslide

Newbie of the Year
$2.67 zim
$2.67 Hello123
$2.67 Sid

Classic old school pick em here, can not seperate the 3. All good new posters and all of them likely Lucy alts. The bookies are giving you your choice at odds here
Sid has come home with a roaring wet sail here and i think that'll be enough to get him home. The other two guys go alright... unless they've been wrong lately but we've had sooo many wrong ***** around here of late it's hard to keep up.

Underrated poster
$1.81 Toviii
$1.85 Manchild
$5.80 cat
$3.20 zim

Cat long odds here, she's a good poster but not "visible" enough to get the votes. Seeing a lot of acton for Toviii and Manchild here, going to be a tight finish with zim looming as the potential upset
Toviii seems to mostly buy the very good product i sell and that should hold him in good stead, but Pigman sniffs a Manchild win here. Follow the money *****, Toviii **** the bed down the stretch here

Matt Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster
$1.26 Schifty
$2.67 reptar
$4.50 The Hooter

The Hooter is here on reputation IMO, the other two have got the runs on the board for 2015, and I like them both to finish 1-2. Unfortunately for Reptar, Schifty's been doing it across multiple platforms and that will earn him the nod with the voting public. A short priced favourite and rightly so
Just give it to the **** Serb and be done with it. Besides, i really dont think we afford not to give it to him, not with national security being what it is today. ASIO will be watching this **** VERY closely

Forum Villain of the Year

$1.92 Pigman
$2.50 IronRaiden
$2.46 bileduct

VERY hot field here. I think Pigman is a narrow favourite here but all contenders are viable winners. Bileduct has the real form on the board, he was such a villain the management saw fit to ban him, IronRaiden probably got banned too but he's back under 1000 different Lucy's, and Pigman should have been banned 3 years ago
No **** way i win this over those two, the only reason I'm nominated it because I have an opinion that the powers that be don't particularly like. So be it. Bileduct wins this IMO.

Forum Rivalry of the Year
$2.98 The Nickman and IronRaiden
$4.50 Matt's Match-ups and Pigman's "I'm right and you **** know it"
$1.68 greeneyed and Dr Zaius

I think the SOO bluster really puts Zaius and GE in the box seat here, they really go at it during those 50 weeks a year they seemingly think SOO matters. The others arent without merit but i think GE and the Doc are the favourites for a reason
Statt v Pigman is right is the most lopsided rivalry in online forum history. It's like putting Ali in his prime up against... well Statt. Maybe next year Statt might actually compete and we'll have something to talk about. GE losing his **** rag every year about Origin is easily the winner here. It's pretty much unbarable and we should thank the good Doc for calling him out on the Bull

Obsession of the Year
$9.00 Dr Zaius and Queensland
$1.10 charlie11 and Cronin
$5.50 The Greenhouse and LUKE PAGE

Black Caviar running against a rocking horse wouldnt be a hotter favourite than Charlie and Cronin. This is the slam dunk result of the Boogs.
I've got absolutely **** all to add here, other than to say i love Charlie and **** you all for making him leave. He delivered way more to this place than half you **** idiots, if any of us had a son playing QLD Cup, we'd be supporting him the way way Charlie Cronin did. So good one, boot Charlie and keep the Lucy alts. **** clown shoes.

Quality over quantity
$2.50 RedRaider
$1.50 Seiffert82
$4.00 Matt
$2.20 charlie11

The favourite here is a very good poster who should out class the rest of the field. RedRaider always polls well here and could offer a stiff challenge, Matt probably posts a bit too much to warrant votes in this category and Charlie offended too many with his love for Cronin
This is a **** brutal field. I like Charlie as explained above, and Seiffert seems like a good egg. Matt posts more than me, what in the **** is he doing in this poll? Jesus H **** Christ. RedRaider needs to deliver his blow by **** blow summary's of games before I give that **** a **** ounce of respect. BRING EM BACK RR! The fans are demanding it

Best football brain
$2.90 Matt
$2.61 RedRaider
$3.67 Pigman

Very close field this one and I expect the voting to be quite close. RedRaider usually polls well in these things, Matt has too many japes made at his expense and Pigman is probably too divisive to get the nod here.
I don't want to come across as being rude or arrogant, but if this is honestly the field, Pigman should win in a canter. What ever you think of Pigman, there is really not a lot of doubt he knows what he's talking about. Where as his competition are known for things like recounting the game blow by blow without any unique analysis and Milford > Slater. Give me what is rightfully mine, I promise I wont rub your **** noses in it... well not much anyways

Best Thread/Regular Feature of the Year
$2.40 The GH Match Preview
$3.35 The Game Day Thread
$3.60 Matt's Match-ups
$3.25 Pigman's "I'm right and you **** know it"
$4.60 The Hooter
$2.65 My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
$5.00 The GH commentary team

Lots of potential upsets here. They don't usually poll well but I think the GH Match Day Thread is a red hot chance here. It's always a magnificant roller coaster ride to re-read. The Nigerian Prince looms large though and the Matt's Match-ups and Pigman columns give good value for those looking for a roughie
Tough field to market here, lots of different styles here. Plod or Not was more than a little bit **** ripped off here. People always over look the weekly Game threads and rightfully so, they are boring and more like headlines than they are articles. **** them right off. The Hooter lost his touch a little this year imo, I think this comes down to Pigman and the Nigerian pal, and frankly the Nigerian Pal thread was **** great, especially when the merits of TR's rampant TRing became a thing. Give the award to TR so he can beat some poor black fella upside the head with it

The Missing in Action Award
$5.50 Shezza
$2.60 Michael
$9.00 Rodman
$1.50 Albi

Albi is the class of this field and probably deserves the award. Rodman and Shezza make too many mini showings to be really in contention here and I don't think the voting public know who or what a Michael is
Let me try and be kind here. Albi should win because he's the best of these posters and is legitmately missing. Rodman comes back every so often to flog merch and Michael and Shezza aren't missing at all, I talk to them all the **** time. I **** WISH they were MIA. Lord how I'd love to not have to put up with either of those idiots, but that's my burden to bear

Worst thread of the Year
$1.80 Croker can't defend
$1.20 Ricky Stuart
$2.30 My online Nigerian pal/T_R is an outrageous racist
$11.00 The Religion Thread

The form here is the Religion Thread but there is no action there at all, and it's hard to see the voting public shying away from negative posts about our supercoach or our NRL leading point scoring captain, those two should duke it out, but I think the Stuart thread probably gets a win
Anyone who's even gazed into that Religion Thread would be mad to vote any other way. Honestly the **** Bull that goes on in there is **** staggering. Imagine for a moment if we had a thread on the main page where we discussed the issue of which position the Incredible Hulk would play on the All Neptune Team for the Intergalactic Rugby League championship... sure we'd argue but not for 100 **** pages. You have ***** in there who are arguing the merits of a book they **** KNOW to be fiction. And you ***** think Pigman likes to argue?!

Daley C Poster of the Year
$2.50 Schifty
$4.00 reptar
$1.80 T_R
$3.80 Matt
$8.90 The Nickman
$7.50 Raidersrawesome
$3.00 Pigman
$2.50 edwahu

Big field and good luck picking a winner. I think the favourite here is T_R but the challengers are coming thick and fast. I like Schifty and edwahu to really push him for votes and if you love a roughie, take on Nickman at odds to come home with the cookies
Look, there is no easy way to say this, but half this field is a **** joke. Absolute joke. T_R will win, because he's the type of poster who routinely wins these things, but there can be no doubting that the honourable Pigman was by far and away the best poster this year

----------------------------

Don't agree? Get **** and refer to the title.
Now **** off, I've got work to do.
Last edited by Botman on December 21, 2015, 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I laughed.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Royce Hunt

Post by Notaroboticfish »

The religion thread deserves to win but it won't, probably because it's in the Current Affairs forum.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

The tragedy here is that the best post of the year came in when the voting was closed.

Pigman, I salute you.

I'm going to put some dollars down too - there's at least one there at very long odds that is going to make me a wealthy man.

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Wealthier
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

No, I mean wealthy at GE levels

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Great post. I wasn't even aware there was a religion thread. Thank ****.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Good grief, how have I missed this whole event?? Where do I vote?
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

:lol: Outstanding work Pigman!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm assuming 7pm Canberra time?
The Greenhouse

Post by The Greenhouse »

The official hashtag for his year's Boogs is #GoldenBoogs2015. Get tweeting!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

I hear we have special guest Steve Harvey to announce the Daley C winner!

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

No, that's what Schifty looks like. The resemblence is freakish.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Waxing completed, and gold tux picked up from the dry cleaners.

All sorted.

Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

BREAKING NEWS: GE set to cancel Boogs

Breaking news coming in right now as reports that GE has delivered an ultimatum to GH HQ demanding that he wins all awards or the boogs will be cancelled. GE has made himself unavailable for comment. An insider who requested to remain anonymous has said "It's ridiculous. Thinking he has more power than me! And anyways Lachlan Maranta should win most of the awards! Golden Point should win biggest villain but Maranta is definitely the best at all of the other awards! The whole situation is a farce!"
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Clearly false. GE rules with an iron fist. He would just quietly award himself the whole shebang.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Mole ‏@RLW_Mole 1 hours ago
GE slams reports of Boogs cancellation. "Always been loyal servant of The GH, and will continue to be for the time being".

@RLW_Mole
0 retweets 4 likes

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Yet to confirm with our host for the evening, but I'm thinking of an early 90s J-Pop theme to the music.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Have a great night everyone, I'm going out to dinner in just over an hour
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Boogs cancelled after Nickman withdraws.

What a jerk.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Don't forget the official hashtag. Tweet #GoldenBoogs2015
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I still don't know how to Twitter anybody GE
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Should we worry that Schifty isn't logged on?

I can only assume he's still greasing himself up to get into his latex tux.

Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

I'm arriving now
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Paparazzi are primed.

Carpet is gleaming.

Where there HELL is the host?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Oh dear...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

This is unprecedented in the history of the Awards.

Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

Boned.
Notaroboticfish
Jason Croker

@BuzzRothfield
BREAKING NEWS