Latest terrorist threat to Australia

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Latest terrorist threat to Australia

Post by The Nickman »

So... Pretty keen to hear from the boffins within the greenhouse what their take on these latest threats and the increased measures to combat them actually means.

Manbush need not apply.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: Latest terrorist threat to Australia

Post by Green eyed Mick »

The Nickman wrote:So... Pretty keen to hear from the boffins within the greenhouse what their take on these latest threats and the increased measures to combat them actually means.

Manbush need not apply.
I was alert but not alarmed in my taxi today. Much more alert than I was on Monday.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Purely raised to distract us from other issues.

Same goes for the global currently going on from Abbott.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

UsA hasn't raised their threat levels yet we have...

That's worth thinking about.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Nonsense, it is vital that Tony spends all his time protecting us against air crashes, poor people in boats against the far greater number arriving by aeroplane, Vladimir Putin and involving us in sectarian wars in the middle east. Nothing interesting is happening here.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

On a related note getting sick to death of the quote, "not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims". So factually incorrect yet people are regurgitating it.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Manbush wrote:On a related note getting sick to death of the quote, "not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims". So factually incorrect yet people are regurgitating it.
I have never heard that one.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Me either
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Big Brother, watch out!Forget about the G20 sticker blitz, another kind of revelry may be a thorny issue

SIXTY-year-old grandmother Myra Gold was asleep when four police officers raided her home.

They were deployed to confiscate her phone, dig through her rubbish and search her car.

For stickers. Anti-G20 stickers.

Read more: http://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/opini ... 7057184366

Seems reasonable.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:shock:

G20 is going to be a pain in the ass since I work in the CBD but at least I'm getting an extra public holiday for it and thankfully I don't live at South Bank.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
BrisbaneRaider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by BrisbaneRaider »

My SWOTVAC has been cut in half thanks to G20. Also parking and public transport will be well **** during end of semester exams.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Photoshop not required.

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Just as good as the "Well played Canberra" photo.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Manbush wrote:On a related note getting sick to death of the quote, "not all Muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are Muslims". So factually incorrect yet people are regurgitating it.
I have never heard anyone say this, read anyone write this, or even tweet it!

What sort of **** idiots are you hanging with/listening to/reading to come across this. Vintage MB
:lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

On another topic... what exactly is wrong with Jacqui Lambie?

Every time i see her on the news, she is making some kind of ignorant, incendiary remark about a minority. Is she Pauline 2.0?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Pigman wrote:

What sort of **** idiots are you hanging with/listening to/reading to come across this. Vintage MB
Comments from randoms on facebook news articles(comments sections like YouTube ones can be good for a laugh), Alan Jones did a variant also instead of "all terrorists are Muslims" he said "most".
Last edited by Manbush on September 15, 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Well most are...
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Shadow Boxer wrote:Well most are...
Only the highly publicised ones, was surprised to read (accuracy unknown) according to FBI 96% of terrorist attacks in America are done by non Muslims and 99.6% in Europe.
Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

Manbush wrote:
Pigman wrote:

Comments from randoms on facebook news articles(comments sections like YouTube ones can be good for a laugh), Alan Jones did a variant also instead of "all terrorists are Muslims" he said "most".
Man I agree, especially the Herald Sun. Their readers are usually good for a laugh.
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

The people of Boston may disagree, that's a very disingenuous stat.

Does it include the us and uk citizens who's heads are currently on a stick

There was that bloke shot up the army base as well.

What are some examples of this 97%
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I retract my previous comments, MB.

Goodness me.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I'm guessing it takes all attacks into account, like bombing abortion clinics etc, Europe would be skewed by the IRA.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Pigman wrote:
I retract my previous comments, MB.

Goodness me.
If you go by what gets reported and highlighted it's not a hard assumption to draw.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

The IRA !

I think you need to source this claim,
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Well here's one in the uk, the poor army bloke stabbed to death in the street.

You need to name 99.7 non Muslim fatal terrorist attacks in Europe just to match that one.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Twin towers car bombing, that's without even touching on Iraq, Pakistan, Lockerbie, Bali, the use cole, Thailand the shopping mall in Africa.

Whatever your politics, clearly most terrorists are Muslim
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Just reading a critique of the stats it does include non violent ones as well, tree spiking etc :opps
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Shadow Boxer wrote:Well here's one in the uk, the poor army bloke stabbed to death in the street.

You need to name 99.7 non Muslim fatal terrorist attacks in Europe just to match that one.
How many innocent women and children do you think the US have killed in drone strikes alone?
If they count that, and there is seemingly no real reason why they shouldnt, I reckon that'd just about sort you statistics problem out.
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

Manbush wrote:Just reading a critique of the stats it does include non violent ones as well, tree spiking etc :opps
Lol, fair enough
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Reading more I'm very surprised by the amount of attacks in America by Jewish terrorist groups, nice allies.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Pigman wrote:
Shadow Boxer wrote:Well here's one in the uk, the poor army bloke stabbed to death in the street.

How many innocent women and children do you think the US have killed in drone strikes alone?
If they count that, and there is seemingly no real reason why they shouldnt, I reckon that'd just about sort you statistics problem out.

Civilians killed in Drone strikes?

According to the USA every male aged between 16-72 that is within a certain radius of a drone strike is atomically classified as part of the cell hence the incredibly low civilian causalities in these things!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Sounds very terroristy, i have to say!