Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Robin Williams found dead

Post by Manchild »

Robin Williams found dead

ROBIN Williams is dead.

The 63-year-old actor’s body has been found in a possible suicide, Variety reports.

The official statement from the Marin County Sheriff’s Office reads:

Investigation into Death of Actor Robin Williams

“On August 11, 2014, at approximately 11:55am, Marin County Communications received a 9-1-1 telephone call reporting a male adult had been located unconscious and not breathing inside his residence in unincorporated Tiburon, CA. The Sheriff’s Office, as well as the Tiburon Fire Department and southern Marin Fire Protection District were dispatched to the incident with emergency personnel arriving on scene at 12:00pm. The male subject, pronounced deceased at 12:02pm has been identified as Robin McLaurin Williams, a 63-year-old resident of unincorporated Tiburon, CA.
“An investigation into the cause, manner, and circumstances of the death is currently underway by the Investigations and Coroner Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/ce ... 7021334663
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: #Forever McCrone

Re: Robin Williams Found Dead

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Wow. Such sad news.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

What exactly is "unincorporated Tiburon"??
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Sad . apparently suffered severe depression

I have just found out a work colleague killed himself over the weekend after a marriage break up
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

The Nickman wrote:What exactly is "unincorporated Tiburon"??
It's where all the debadged Hyundai's go...
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Terrible news. I really like Robin Williams.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
ForeverMcCrone
John Ferguson

Post by ForeverMcCrone »

Raidersrawesome wrote:Sad . apparently suffered severe depression

I have just found out a work colleague killed himself over the weekend after a marriage break up
Wow that's also sad. Depression is no laughing matter. Sad to lose such a great actor and someone you knew as well. I hope it saves one person's life though and through sadness comes something good
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

dubby wrote:Terrible news. I really like Robin Williams.
one of my faves. Patch Adams was brilliant
Edrick The Entertainer
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Yeah he was one of my favourites too. I liked him in Patch Adams but Good Will Hunting is probably my favorite Williams movie. I laughed until it hurt in Mrs Doubtfire.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

Tragic :(

Was one of my favourites
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Re: Robin Williams found dead

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Saw this on twitter

Cheerleading with the 1980 Broncos

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

dubby wrote:Yeah he was one of my favourites too. I liked him in Patch Adams but Good Will Hunting is probably my favorite Williams movie. I laughed until it hurt in Mrs Doubtfire.
The World According to Garp is an all time classic of his, as was Mork and Mindy with a lot of his lines were improvised while being that high on coke
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Sadly he battled addiction for far too long.

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

One of those people it's questionable if he'd ever have gotten to where he did without em though.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

RIP funny man.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dead Poets Society is one of my favorite movies

I was genuinely sad when i found out
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Wow, I've just heard this. Awful, awful news.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Manbush wrote:One of those people it's questionable if he'd ever have gotten to where he did without em though.
I think you could have rephrased your post a little better Image

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Classic Manbush, has no ****ing idea how or when to be tactful.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

**** tactful mate, too old for that crap now days.

Poorly worded though :opps
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Very sad to hear, touched the life of millions.

I liked him in his serious roles, Good Will Hunting and Dead Poets Society.

I'll be honest though, never found him funny. I was always embarrassed in his stand up routines that I was supposed to laugh because everyone else was. Maybe not my kind of humour and I can appreciate that.

Sorry!
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Begbie wrote:
One hour photos he was amazing.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Schifty wrote:
Begbie wrote:
One hour photos he was amazing.
Can't believe I omitted that one. Top movie. Geez I wish he would have stayed playing serious roles and thrillers.

He only fell into comedy because of happy days and from then on in was labeled as a comic actor.

People just though he was funny because he was weird and talked to fast. Making no sense, it was embarrassing. I reckon he was on crack or speed half the time.

If he stuck to the dramas he could have been the next Humphrey bogart. Not a Handsome man, however, a Charasmatic man and a superb character actor. Reached his potential.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

bonehead wrote:
dubby wrote:Terrible news. I really like Robin Williams.
one of my faves. Patch Adams was brilliant
Pàtch Adams :lol: seriously mate, I've never been able to get half an hour into that film, without either changing channels or pulling the ac power out of the socket. It always seems to be on in motels or on interstate coach rides etc.

I must admit, I checked it out on rotten tomatoes to see if I was against the consensus agian, but even they had it at 23%.

You're movie taste buds must be well and truly wedged up you're anus mate. Rating Patch Adams as brilliant :lol: .
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Awakenings was another movie I really enjoyed, but I'll always remember him for good will hunting. Like you begs I think he was great in serious roles.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's being reported he was battling Parkinson's disease
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

good Will Hunting is on Tv tonight, on 9 at 9. Is probobaly not the kind of movie you'd need to see twice but well worth a look if you've never seen it.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Surprise surprise Westboro Church threatened to picket his funeral.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Bunch of idiots.

Toviii
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Toviii »

I would like to give every member of that organization just a gentle slap on the back of the head...
'I've got 17 blokes in that dressing room that are hurting'
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush wrote:Surprise surprise Westboro Church threatened to picket his funeral.
Why?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Cause he's played gay characters in films
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Oh for Christ's sake. What a bunch of lunatics
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Dr Zaius wrote:
Manbush wrote:Surprise surprise Westboro Church threatened to picket his funeral.
Why?
Patch Adams.