2013 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So, it's that time of year again! Golden Boogs time! For the past month, the members of The Greenhouse have been putting forward their nominations and voting for the Golden Boogs Awards, 2013. We will be kicking off the Awards ceremony on Tuesday evening 8 October at 7.30pm. And you need to contain your excitement, but I shall be your host for the night, ably assisted by Tim W!

The red carpet is now officially open... and there will be awards for the Best Dressed and Best Ride... so show us a pic of how you'll look arriving on the red carpet anytime from now on.

For those who are new to The Greenhouse, the Golden Boogs are the annual forum awards, nominated and voted on by you, the members of The Greenhouse. The awards are named after a certain former Raider, immortalised in the Golden Boogs trophy.

The winners will receive a customised userbar signature just like this:

These are the nominees:

CJ42 "The Furner Smokescreen, The mindgames, the mystery"

Worm "My heart will go on... and on"

Fuifui Bradbrad "Josh Papalii, Don't make him angry"

dazza826 "Josh McCrone"

Newbie of the Year

RaidingZ
Travis
The Hooter
jonisdangerous
Baywatch

Most Underrated Poster

Albi
Regs Revolution
Zip Zip
Lui_Bon
Seiffert82

Matthew Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

The Nickman
Schifty
T_R
Decorous Muse
The Hooter

Forum Villain of the Year

afgtnk
Green eyed Mick
Ultima

Forum Rivalry of the Year

afgtnk versus everybody
Green eyed Mick versus Rodman
Nick versus everybody
Green eyed Mick versus T_R
Albi versus T_R

Romance of the Year

Rodman and Michael
Nick and Michael
Dubby and T_R

Obsession of the Year

Rodman with Josh McCrone
Greenbits and Manbush with Queensland
The Nickman with Josh McCrone to hooker

Quality over Quantity Award

Seiffert82
Woodgers
Stuat
Lui_Bon

Best Football Brain

RedRaider
Stuat
Seiffert82

Thread of the Year

Ferguson sacked by Raiders board
Milford 'on the fence' about leaving for Brisbane
The GH Hot or Not Thread
The Betting Thread
Ricky Stuart three year deal to coach Raiders
Dugan blasts Raiders over 'harsh' axing

Regular Feature of the Year

The Hooter's Match Previews
Matt's Match-ups

Daley C Poster of the Year

T_R
Raidersrawesome
Nick
Stuat
Seiffert82
The Nickman
Shezza
Matt
Michael
greeneyed
Rodman

We're looking forward to seeing your red carpet pics... and remember, we'll do the Football Awards by poll over the off season.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2013 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

Post by Schifty »

Is there a betting Market on this?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty wrote:Is there a betting Market on this?
We hope there will be!
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

greeneyed wrote:
Schifty wrote:Is there a betting Market on this?
We hope there will be!
Ive contacted Tom Waterhouse and he will hVe the markets framed tomorrow
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

"Tom Waterhouse here, Have I got some deals for you!!! Check out the market for the 2013 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony. For every $1 you put on I will match it and if you lose I will give you all of your money back plus $5. I just want people to like me... Now I have to be quick because later on I have a date with this Stone Cold Fox."

CJ42 "The Furner Smokescreen, The mindgames, the mystery" - $2.10
Worm "My heart will go on... and on" - $8.50
Fuifui Bradbrad "Josh Papalii, Don't make him angry" - $4.25
dazza826 "Josh McCrone" - $6.35

Newbie of the Year

RaidingZ - $1001
Travis - $5.50
The Hooter - $1.90
jonisdangerous - $51
Baywatch - $3.75

Most Underrated Poster

Albi - $10.50
Regs Revolution - $15.20
Zip Zip - $2.75
Lui_Bon - $2.75
Seiffert82 - $5.50

The Nickman - $1.50
Schifty - $2.25
T_R - $51
Decorous Muse - $5.50
The Hooter - $7.50

Forum Villain of the Year

afgtnk - $1.10
Green eyed Mick - $7
Ultima - $51

Forum Rivalry of the Year

afgtnk versus everybody - $2.85
Green eyed Mick versus Rodman - $5
Nick versus everybody - $1.75
Green eyed Mick versus T_R - $51
Albi versus T_R - $101

Romance of the Year

Rodman and Michael - $101
Nick and Michael - $2.00
Dubby and T_R - $1.80

Obsession of the Year

Rodman with Josh McCrone - $1.10
Greenbits and Manbush with Queensland - $51
The Nickman with Josh McCrone to hooker - $61

Quality over Quantity Award

Seiffert82 - $21
Woodgers - $1.45
Stuat - $2.75
Lui_Bon - $51

Best Football Brain

RedRaider - $9
Stuat - $1.15
Seiffert82 - $51

Thread of the Year

Ferguson sacked by Raiders board - $34
Milford 'on the fence' about leaving for Brisbane - $101
The GH Hot or Not Thread - $2.75
The Betting Thread - $1.55
Ricky Stuart three year deal to coach Raiders - $9.50
Dugan blasts Raiders over 'harsh' axing - $4.75

Regular Feature of the Year

The Hooter's Match Previews - $1.01
Matt's Match-ups - $1001

Daley C Poster of the Year

T_R - $8
Raidersrawesome - $10
Nick - $7.50
Stuat - $2.20
Seiffert82 - $15
The Nickman - $3.10
Shezza - $21
Matt - $34
Michael - $25
greeneyed - $5.20
Rodman - $18
Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

I'm flattered to be at $10 . I'm more like 1000-1
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-GD- wrote:Best Football Brain

RedRaider - $9
Stuat - $1.15
Seiffert82 - $51
:lol:

Thanks GD. Should I start preparing my speech now, or just run it off the cuff?
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

I would make a killing if these were real markets.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

-GD- wrote:

T_R - $51
Decorous Muse - $5.50

I am loading up on this market.

Insane overs!
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

RedRaider seems like a nice guy, but I don't get how summarising a game equates with having a good football brain.

The award is Stuat's to lose, but I've always preferred Seiffert's insights to RR's.
#BoneMcCrone
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Hi Rod, I think both Stuat and S82 are better than me. Particularly this year.

I would like to see GE's match day posts condensed into a single block on page 1 of the Game Day thread. Then people who did not get to see or hear the game (or those overseas) could read about the match, without having to go through a dozen pages. GE's match day posts now have time lines which makes it easy to follow. Maybe one to consider for next year GE?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seems like a good thing for The GH scoring service to do.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

To be perfectly honest there are dozens of people who post far less than I do who clearly know far more about the game than I do and (without naming names) it would be good if they posted more. Either Stuat or RR would be deserving winners and there would be many more who would be worthy challengers.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Voting has now closed.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Congrats in advance to all the winners. I'll be at uni doing an exam on Tuesday evening, so I hope everyone in attendance has their obligatory share of Crownies in my absence.
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

Congrats to me who is the unofficial winner
Well, at least Jack got paid.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Rodman wrote:RedRaider seems like a nice guy, but I don't get how summarising a game equates with having a good football brain.

The award is Stuat's to lose, but I've always preferred Seiffert's insights to RR's.
Red Raider has a very good insight in to the game, he knows more about the game than 99% of people here and he never insults or offends anyone. He posts with respect, clarity and with manners.

Its ironic you mention Red Raider and his long summaries then say Stuat should be poster of the year. While Stuat probably posts in a very similar to you, he indeed posts in great detail and his posts are often quite long.

Either RR, Stuat or Seiffert would make a worthy winner of the Poster of the year. Each bring their own personality, insight, make interesting reading and I enjoy reading their posts and make a point of doing so. Give me these boys than the likes of RaidingZ or Fergo any day :lol:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Golden Boogs pre show build up will start from 7pm AEST tomorrow night. And the awards will start rolling from 7.30pm AEST. So don't miss the ceremony, the biggest night of the year for The Greenhouse!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Queensland fans 'enraged' by Boogs snub

The annual Golden Boogs Awards night has been rocked by a storm of complaint from Queensland based fans.

"It's a **** disgrace" declared Nambour based Dubby. "GE has completely disregarded timezones for Tuesday night's event. 7.30 in Canberra, sure... but in Queensland, where we don't dabble in this 'daylight saving' witchcraft, it's only 6.30! I'm still on my second gin and tonic!"

Speaking from his Central Queensland plastic surgery clinic, Dr Greenbits was equally angered. "I'll be coming off a 96 hour shift. 96 hours. Count 'em. 96. 96 hours of inserting made-in-India silicon gel packs into the sagging tits of newly-rich mining bogans wives. All I want is an hour to relax over my truffles and quail. But no, not GE. The rotten, selfish, public servant son of bitch kicks the event off at 6.30."

The Golden Boogs is the signature event of Canberra Raider's fan-site, The Greenhouse. But the continued anti-Queensland bias of site supremo, Greeneyed, has led to significant discontent from fans north of the border.

"GE hates Queensland. He's never made a secret of it" said Dubby. "No one's pretending that this ridiculous start time is an accident. It's just another deliberate snub to those of us living here in Queensland. It'd be OK if I was just spectating, but I fully expect to feature prominently in Tuesday's awards. How can I be expected to be there by half six? It's the middle of the **** afternoon! It's not just the Boogs, you know - come Origin time... well, 'Greeneyed' becomes 'Blueeyed', year in, year out."

Initial claims by site administrators that the early start time was an 'oversight' have been rejected by Queensland fans, with many citing a long history of poor treatment as evidence of disregard by management of the site.

Attempts to contact Greeneyed, ensconced in his inner-Canberra ivory tower, failed.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Almost as big a disgrace as Greenyed banning the colour maroon being used for headings in threads.

I heard the start time was a deliberate ploy to try silence a slightly more sober Nickman.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I won't be shilenshed (hic)

Rockhampton based Greenhouse regular Nickman has responded angrily to plans to sideline him from the annual Golden Boogs award ceremonies.

"The word on the street is that they're kicking off in the middle of the bloody afternoon to stop me showing up drunk" he slurred today from his regular seat at The Pig and Whistle. "The joke's on those bastards... I'm completely pissed by mid-morning on Tuesdays."

The Golden Boogs has been mired in controversy since Greenhouse supremo Greeneyed announced a Canberra-centric starting time of 7.30pm, with Queensland fans voicing complaints over the disregard shown to daylight saving time.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

Canberra-centric starting time sidelines return of GH favourite

The much anticipated return of GH favourite Sossman is now unlikely to go ahead after Administrator Greeneyed opted for a much criticised and controversial start time of 7.30pm CCT.

The former GH Romance of the Year winner originally penned a deal to open the show with his successful stand comedy set that he ran at the Brisbane fringe festival. The gig was set to go ahead at 7.30pm QLD until Greeneyed decided to activate a controversial clause that allowed him to move the starting time if he felt like it. It is understood the clause was only thrown in there in the event the awards were sledgodded.

The Golden Boogs, which is a flagship event in the online forum world, seems to be limping from one controversy to another. The QLD freeze out has now resulted in Huawei refusing to commit to their exclusive naming rights and bugging of the award night.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Greeneyed hits back at attacks from the north

Reports from Queensland news sources have hit out at Greenhouse HQ, claiming the starting time for the 2013 Golden Boogs Awards ceremony (7.30pm AEST Tuesday 8 October) is inconvenient for fans in the northern State. Due to daylight saving not applying in Queensland, the Awards will start at 6.30pm Queensland time, with the gala entertainment commencing at 6pm Queensland time.

But The GH Admin have hit back.

"The Greenhouse can take no responsibility for the backward state of time in Queensland" official Greenhouse spokesperson greeneyed said this evening.

"It is very unfair on our New Zealand fans if we start any later, as the show will finish at around 11.30pm New Zealand time. The Greenhouse has a huge New Zealand fan base" greeneyed said.

"I'm sure that the keen supporters in Queensland will want to see the star entertainment line up we've organised for the 2013 Boogs, no matter what the start time."

"Plus we know the people of Queensland in shorts, long socks and short sleeved shirts finish work at 5pm, so it should be easy to get home in time for the Awards!"

"Some people are saying it's Canberra-centric. Well, hello! Canberra IS the centre!"

"And look, if they don't like it, I'm boneheaded enough to believe it's too bad, maybe they'd like to go vote in the BroncosHQ Awards. I bet they don't even have Awards!"

The Greenhouse has suggested that fans all across the world get in early and start posting their pics for the Best Dressed and Best Ride Red Carpet Awards from here on in, so as not to miss out.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm just happy to see Canberra in the media.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:I'm just happy to see Canberra in the media.
It's always the negative pieces :(

I've heard rumours a mod will be sacked tomorrow...

Part of the independent review.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Nope - turns out there's just a camp planned.

Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:Nope - turns out there's just a camp planned.
Camp Greeneyed.

Have fun with that.

Just means in 18 months time you'll do the Raiders equivalent and hire Nickman as Admin.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Greeneyed welcomes comedy act from Queensland to Golden Boogs

Media reports that Queensland based comedy act, Sossman, has been bumped from the 2013 Golden Boogs opening are completely incorrect, says host and GH Admin greeneyed.

"We've not heard a single thing from him or his manager. We didn't approach him. We've no idea where the story has come from" greeneyed said this evening.

"It looks like a complete beat up in the media, from the usual sources... And some in Queensland complaining about the start time."

"Look, we would be happy to make space for Sossman at 8.30pm (7.30pm Queensland) if he wants. But we have expended our entertainment budget, so he'll have to come on the show for the love. Given we hardly hear from him these days, I won't be waiting by the phone. But if he wants to come on, we will create space for him."
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

:lol: this is all gold.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Might be a bit late to the awards, but I'm drawing on my surrounds for inspiration and looking to turn up in this beast...

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

This is an utter disgrace. I'll be half way through putting in a pair of bolt ons. Poor darling will be lopsided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

'Homesick' Sossman confirms BroncosHQ move

The annual Golden Boogs evening has suffered another setback on the day of the event following reports that popular host Sossman has been signed by rival forum BroncosHQ. Sossman was previously thought to be under contract to The Greenhouse.

"Sossman needs to look after Sossman. And Sossman's family" said Sossman in a prepared statement. "Sossman doesn't have nothing against no one at The Greenhouse. Sossman posted there all through my junior days and I have a lot of great memories coming through the ranks. Truth is that Sossman was just homesick, if you know what I mean, and I have to look after Sossman's family."

Greenhouse Supremo, Greeneyed, did not attempt to hide his disappointment at the defection. "You put a lot of work into bringing these kids on, you know... they don't just come from nowhere. We've put a lot of resources into Sossman's development all the way through from the early days of the site. To see him move to a rival forum just as he's hitting his stride is a real kick in the guts, you know. Look at someone like Nick, you know. It was just yesterday he was posting illiterate scrawl as Raider_69. You invest in these kids, you know, and you want to see them stay in green. You know."

In response to the crisis, Greeneyed immediately announced a South Coast camp for all Greenhouse administrators, an end of season review and a series of increasingly difficult to believe press releases.

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

On the quiet boys... The Den over at Panthers HQ have made enquiries as to my availability as a poster. I'm contemplating a lucrative offer to move back home. Feel like I need a fresh start
david231280
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past - Laurie Daley
Current - Jarrod Croker

Post by david231280 »

My date (Stephen Dank) and I have just stashed up in cruisers, bean bags and cameras and are heading for the roof of The Golden Boog Awards. Dugan and Fergo have already told me the party has already started up there with the after party a fishing trip down Northbourne Ave.
This is gonna be one heck of a party.
The roof party is sold out now but the still some room for the after party if anyone wants to come
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Nick wrote:On the quiet boys... The Den over at Panthers HQ have made enquiries as to my availability as a poster. I'm contemplating a lucrative offer to move back home. Feel like I need a fresh start
I think if he feels this strongly about it we shouldn't stand in his way.