2011 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

freddo
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by freddo »

Voting is now closed for the 2011 Golden Boogs Awards. The awards ceremony will take place this Tuesday night from 7.30pm.

We will have awards for the best ride and best/worst dressed in the lead up to the awards ceremony. The theme for this year's awards? The Eighties. So get your costumes and rides planned and posted.

And here's a reminder of the awards and the nominations:

Begbie

Go Greenmachine

fistinz

Timbo

fistinz

Newbie of the Year

Andy
Sare89
CJ42

Most Underrated Poster

Seiffert82
-LG-
Lime Warrior
Rodman
Raidersrawesome

Matthew Elliott Medal: Funniest Poster

Decorous Muse
Bipolar Bear
Question

Forum Villain of the Year

Albi
Bay56
Question
Green Eyed Mick

Forum Rivalry of the Year

Manbush V Albi/Rodman
Rodman V everyone
Negos V Posos
Bay56 V Nick
Bay56 V T_R

Romance of the Year

Negos and anti Furner campaign
Begbie and Edrick Lee
Rodman and Terry Campese
Michael and Rodman
Worm and David Milne

Obsession of the Year

Yeh Raiders with Rodman
Greeneyed with spelling players' names
The Gospel/El Presidente with speaking in third person
Rodman with Campese's return
Raiders fans with Todd Carney

Quality over Quantity Award

Skeepe
Thickos
Raidersmalt
Woodgers
KW

Best Football Brain

Stuat
Northern Raider
Greeneyed
Woodgers
Red Raider

Best Thread of the Year

Messages for Alan Tongue
Hitler gets briefed on the Raiders
Vidot's music clip
Ask the Raiders

Daley C Poster of the Year

Seiffert82
Bay56
Red Raider
-GD-
Rodman
Stuat

Congratulations to all the nominees and join us to see the winners on Sunday night!
Truth Beauty and The Freddo Way
freddo
John Ferguson

Re: 2011 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony - Tuesday from 7.30pm

Post by freddo »

Just a reminder, we have pushed the Golden Boogs Awards back and they will now be this Tuesday night at 7.30pm.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Have planned the eighties clothes and Green Machine.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

My wife and I will share the MC duties...

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
jedski
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: The Veloci-Rapana

Post by jedski »

Have you done something different with your hair, T_R?
* INSERT SIGNATURE HERE *
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I think it's the glasses.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

The eighties garb still fits.

#BoneMcCrone
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Suited up and ready to go

And my ride for the night

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

What up Biathces?
This place is woke.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Question wrote:Image

What up Biathces?
are you Max Headroom? :shock:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

For what its worth, here I am::

and what I'll be driving:

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

Papa Smurf needs a new drinking buddy as his date was banned from the venue, can anyone suggest someone who's available at the last minute?
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Lassie?

jedski
Ricky Stuart

Post by jedski »

I was going to invite Samantha from Sex And The City, but something's gone wrong, her face is melting. :P
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I-ve heard rumours pf a boycott...
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Schifty wrote:I-ve heard rumours pf a boycott...
I don't think Sam was that offended by BpBs remark.

freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

here is my classic ride from the 80s
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

Hey guys, I'm here.. as you can see I've given Bay56 a lift

Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

10 minutes to go!
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

take your seats people boogs to start in 5 mintues
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Some dude claiming to be Jason Bulgerelli wants me to let him in... he must be high or something! The bloke is kidding himself!
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Highlights package of Bulgarelli's career..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0mJ73A19hg
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What a great way to start the Boogs!
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Good evening all and welcome to the Golden Boogs 2011, which has been the backbone of GH fandom for the last six years.

A season where we started with high hopes and the signing of some fresh talent and a first up thumping of the Sharks promised so many things. As the loses rolled on, the days were marked off for Campo's return. A little too much by some members. That cruical moment where he signalled to the sideline meant we were in for the long haul.

Highlights along the way were great, beating Melbourne in Melbourne, the Dragons at home on the buzzer can at least we can smile about something.

Now on with the awards show.
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

Newbie of the Year

Andy

Andy if you could make your way to the stage an accept the award. It's always good to see some fresh faced talented on the forum. As some of the old stagers dwindle away or get banned for flaming... the progression of young talent is good to see and I would like to thank Andy for making the fourm a better place with his Victor cartoons.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I'm late.

And Dubby's in my seat.

Security!

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

well done andy. Much deserved.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

A tough year for any newbie, some hot competition there with Andy joining up!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bugger it. I'll grab a swift half while I'm waiting for him to be shifted.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:I'm late.

And Dubby's in my seat.

Security!
I just wanted to sit in your lap. :opps

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Why is schifty naked? :shock: :shock: :?
This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Right, he's been dealt with.

Carry on.

Raidersrawesome
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Captain Croker

Post by Raidersrawesome »

Um I dont seem to have a seat
freddo
John Ferguson

Post by freddo »

The next award is for the poster who needs some more man love, I'm polling for this to be changed to the "Green Tongue" award next year... as this award is for someone who is very under rated... much like the 2008 version of Alan Tongue.

-LG-

Come on down you are the next contestant on The GH Boogs Awards!