The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Drinking...

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: August 4, 2020, 1:39 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 4, 2020, 12:13 pm Wow, I didn't even know this thread existed.

Unfortunately we can't take advantage of Aldi specials in QLD due to licensing laws. :(
I just came on to whine about that.
Pretty sure Bonehead specifically excluded you from the discussion anyway. :thumbsdown
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

as if TR buys wine retail

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Whoa I didn't know about this one either. I can provide my Homebrew updates in here.

I have a vision of a beer I want to have a go at whipping up. Its going to be my take on an Old Fashion cocktail. So Im thinking an Ale, with a hint of Bourbon and Orange flavours in the background.

First I need to do my Chocolate Stout from scratch, then I'll start on the Old Fashion, then I'll have a crack at a Raiders Beer. Apparently Wheatgrass is good for making green beer
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Is boney plugging home grown products here ?

Dabbled in Cessnocks finest wine has boney..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Albi wrote: January 7, 2013, 2:38 pm I don't care what anyone says, VB, is a tasty beer.
One of my old school friends who is now some big wig eastern suburb of Sydney dwelling toff, came to visit last year and I served him a glass of VB and told him it was a European beer - I actually just made up some Bull name. Of course believing it was a boutique beer he loved it... What a pretentious ponce
Michael wrote: January 7, 2013, 2:41 pm VB is the mother's milk.
What are these two up to these days I wonder?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Is boney plugging home grown products here ?

Dabbled in Cessnocks finest wine has boney..
this stuff is mudgee but yes correct on the brand Peej

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

bonehead wrote: August 4, 2020, 1:55 pm Image as if TR buys wine retail

Does it count if he has his people purchase on his behalf?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We've been enjoying the **** out of Barwang Cab Sav's of late.. absolute banger for a $13 wine at Dan's
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Botman wrote:We've been enjoying the **** out of Barwang Cab Sav's of late.. absolute banger for a $13 wine at Dan's
Got me through an MBA. Could get it for ten bucks a pop in Tokyo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pretty hard to find decent drops under $15 these days. Cost of production and distribution prohibits most of the smaller wineries providing anything decent in that range. The larger commercial operations can do it with some sort of consistency. Ones like Barwang and Wirra Wirra Church Block do the job. Unremarkable but highly drinkable.

Clearances like the one Boney pointed out and clean skins can get the best results. Can be a bit of pot luck though. Can't duck into Dan's at any to to grab one for dinner.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Found this at Dan's, very tastyImage

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:I lived in France four years. St Emilion is the best red wine in all of France for mine. Unfortunately, they don't send their best wines to Australia, really. Ausone or Cheval Blanc the top of the tree. Unaffordable here probably.
I didn’t know this Greeneyed.

I spent time in Castillon the town next to St Emillion. What a place and area. We were drinking amazing wines and champagne for around $30 a bottle that are $200 in Australia.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-TW- wrote:Found this at Dan's, very tastyImage

Yeah this is my highest rated beer I’ve checked into Untapped

Nickman's love of NSW
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Dam you southerners and your Dan
Murphy’s.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Dans opening a booze hut at Glendale shopping centre very soon.

Thank you Dan..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Innis and Gunn is

Haven't had it in years. Thanks for the reminder

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Easily one of the best beers I've tried

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: March 30, 2021, 1:50 pm
greeneyed wrote:I lived in France four years. St Emilion is the best red wine in all of France for mine. Unfortunately, they don't send their best wines to Australia, really. Ausone or Cheval Blanc the top of the tree. Unaffordable here probably.
I didn’t know this Greeneyed.

I spent time in Castillon the town next to St Emillion. What a place and area. We were drinking amazing wines and champagne for around $30 a bottle that are $200 in Australia.
Yes, it is a beautiful area. The Lot and Dordogne valleys as well. British people seem to know all about the Dordogne, but these are areas that seem to be less renowned among Australians. Incredible places to visit.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I like what I like when it comes to beer I like crisp lager.
Does anyone know if Two Suns is discontinued? it's becoming really hard to get.

Edrick The Entertainer
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Still at Liquorland apparently

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

hard to find, was everywhere

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

confirmation from asahi they've dropped it as it was competing with Carlton super dry which they also now own

Edrick The Entertainer
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

My first crack at making Cyser (Apple Mead) is in the secondary fermenter. Tastes good so far.

Will be in here till August, then I’ll transfer to another demijohn to ferment until December, just in time for Chrissy

Nickman's love of NSW
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Sweet to the taste fui?

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Yeah it’s a bit like a liqueur Q. It loses sweetness during the fermentation process, so I have to test it over the next 6 months and add this acid mix to taste.

Nickman's love of NSW
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

This morning was bottling day for the Cyser. 6 month fermenting. Was super dry, because the yeast ate everything. Back-sweetened it with some honey syrup and it’s good to go

Nickman's love of NSW
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

My wife and i had our 10 year anniversary in November. We're not a couple that are big on gifts for anniversary's.
We are usually pretty happy with some babysitting and a night out at one of our favourite restaurants. But since it was 10, i decided we should get something for us as a couple, so i got us a Vintec Wine Fridge and we are now having the joy of filling it up

I've managed to get a few whites from the Sancerre region that are going to be wonderful in a few years
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Goddam Penrith is getting some good little breweries popping up.

Def recommend Squinters, Rusty Penny and Mountain Culture for anyone in the area.

Cleary and a couple of West Sydney MMA fighters have started Drink West, but I’m boycotting. They’ve come in all guns blazing, claiming to be the first West Sydney brewery, despite these others beating them to the race.

Nickman's love of NSW