NFL Thread

From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Matt »

You have the 3 OLmen we are looking at in quick succession - Mims, Powers-Johnson and Guyton.

Latu could really shake up the draft if his medical fails
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Time to get some Super Bowl predictions up

For me I think the worst unit in the game is the niners defence, I think they’ve been incredibly lucky to get this far in the play offs, I think the Lions and Packers out played them and should have won those games

I think it will be a close game and niners winning won’t shock me, but I’m going:

Chiefs 24
Niners 21

Think the game winning fg comes with less than 60 second to play and the chiefs defence get the stop

The easy MVP pick is Mahomes but I was betting I’d go with Kelce and Pacheco and maybe chuck in a Chris Jones/La’Jarius Sneed bet to get a little spice on that side of the ball

I think the SF kicker Moody is going to feature in this game, I think he’ll miss a critical kick and I think Purdy might have a very consequential turn over

Maybe it’s late in the game that crushes a potential drive to take the lead or it’s early in the game in the low red zone.

If the niners win, I think it will be on the back of McCaffrey and I think it’ll be because the niners d bucks their recent trend of being pretty average and has a lights out day. Bosa wrecking shop on the Chiefs RT and interior pressure from Hargraves could shift the result
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I think the game will be all but over by half time, with the Chiefs dominating. 9ers to get a few garbage time TDs to make the score respectable. 28 - 20.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Both Cheifs and 9ers aren't great vs the Run, 9ers are good runners, Cheifs don't like to run... even if they have 3 decent runners.

Cheifs pass D is AMAZING.... but 9ers have 3 very good options in Deebo, Aiuyk and Kittle, not to mention CMC outta the backfield.

9ers have 2 ridiculous LBs, so Kelse might have his hands full. That said, their backend can be got... but can the Cheifs WRs catch it to capitalise??

I feel like this game is really well balanced. But tipping the scales is Mahomes, coz well.... TBC GOAT.

I too am backing the Chiefs between 3-7. I'll go 31-27, Chiefs.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Quite shocked the Chiefs are underdogs in betting. Thought the market would be reverse.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Northern Raider wrote: February 12, 2024, 9:11 am Quite shocked the Chiefs are underdogs in betting. Thought the market would be reverse.
Really?

KC were pretty ordinary this year. SF have had one less game which is huge in contact sports and I believe this is the third game in a row KC are underdogs. Difficult to win three on the bounce like that.

Nothing shocking about it IMO.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

President Clinton wrote: February 12, 2024, 9:16 am
Northern Raider wrote: February 12, 2024, 9:11 am Quite shocked the Chiefs are underdogs in betting. Thought the market would be reverse.
Really?

KC were pretty ordinary this year. SF have had one less game which is huge in contact sports and I believe this is the third game in a row KC are underdogs. Difficult to win three on the bounce like that.

Nothing shocking about it IMO.
49ers are a bit lucky to be there. Scraped past Packers. Lions had the game in the bag till they fell in a hole. Fluke play was a turning point.

By contrast Chiefs are in hot form after beating Dolphins are home then Bills and Ravens on the road. Much higher quality of opposition IMO.
Chiefs also take a ton of SB winning experience into the game.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Scoreless 1st QTR, although 49ers look the better team. Costly fumble on their first drive. Chiefs struggling to move the chains.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

gerg wrote:I think the game will be all but over by half time, with the Chiefs dominating. 9ers to get a few garbage time TDs to make the score respectable. 28 - 20.

Haha. Nailed it.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

gerg wrote: February 12, 2024, 11:06 am
gerg wrote:I think the game will be all but over by half time, with the Chiefs dominating. 9ers to get a few garbage time TDs to make the score respectable. 28 - 20.

Haha. Nailed it.

Uncannily accurate prediction
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

10-3 to 49ers at the half. Going to be a whole new game to start the 2nd half. Feels like it's about to open up.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I see Botmans "Moody missed kick" has come through. Missed Xpt
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Going to OT.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What a shame.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I think the broadcast spent more time watching Taylor Swift than the actual game
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

First 3 quarters were pretty boring, but the game came alive in the 4th, and OT was great. How can anyone not like Mahomes? Such a talent and good dude as well
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-TW- wrote: February 12, 2024, 1:51 pm I think the broadcast spent more time watching Taylor Swift than the actual game
Anybody playing the T Swift drinking game will have no recollection of that Over Time period.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

the bone wrote: February 12, 2024, 1:55 pm First 3 quarters were pretty boring, but the game came alive in the 4th, and OT was great. How can anyone not like Mahomes? Such a talent and good dude as well
Yeah it was a bludger a game up till 4th Quarter. Came alive after that. Mahomes was quite poor for most of the game then stepped up when it counted.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Well, this should further fan the flames of alleged TS conspiracy nutters if they do actually exist and aren’t just bots.
BJ
Steve Walters

NFL Thread

Post by BJ »

gangrenous wrote:Well, this should further fan the flames of alleged TS conspiracy nutters if they do actually exist and aren’t just bots.
I noticed Hilary Clinton in the referee booth making and directing the official’s calls and decisions.
Last edited by BJ on February 12, 2024, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gangrenous wrote:Well, this should further fan the flames of alleged TS conspiracy nutters if they do actually exist and aren’t just bots.
Biden's already taken the piss out of them

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Just give him the GOAT, add the required yds, TDs, etc etc to take him past Brady. Skip the 2 decades of him winning.

Let someone else have a turn
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

One thing about the refs. I was damn hard to get a holding call. At least they were consistently ignoring it.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: February 12, 2024, 4:11 pm One thing about the refs. I was damn hard to get a holding call. At least they were consistently ignoring it.
Let the players settle it in the SB I guess
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: February 12, 2024, 1:56 pm
the bone wrote: February 12, 2024, 1:55 pm First 3 quarters were pretty boring, but the game came alive in the 4th, and OT was great. How can anyone not like Mahomes? Such a talent and good dude as well
Yeah it was a bludger a game up till 4th Quarter. Came alive after that. Mahomes was quite poor for most of the game then stepped up when it counted.
Yep, agree with this
Terrible game, very sloppy through 3 qtrs but the final qtr and overtime was amazing

Incredible that the cheifs won, with everything that happened this year, in a down year and it just didn’t matter because they’ve got Mahomes and that’s all that matters

Hands down the best player I’ve ever seen play the sport. Don’t care if he never wins another sb again, no one has played this sport at a higher level than he has through 6 years. Outrageous

Some tweets that encapsulate my take aways from this game

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: February 12, 2024, 4:11 pm One thing about the refs. I was damn hard to get a holding call. At least they were consistently ignoring it.
VERY physical game and they let a lot go and then in a key spot, in OT on 3rd and 4, the officials AGAIN, for the 3rd straight year interject with a flag that flies in the face of the standard they set throughout the game

Bengals, Eagles and this year Chiefs. These mfers just cant help themselves in a big moment.
I said it in the Bengals game, reiterated it last year with the eagles and now again this year... you can not call a game one way for 58 (or in this case, 60!) minutes and let them be physical and then decide randomly to throw the flag for what you've been letting go at the end of the game

At least this year, the call didnt basically end the game
President Clinton
Dean Lance

Pretty anticlimactic way to end the season if you ask me.

Having Baltimore or Lions in there would have made it much more fun.

Anyway, when one door closes (NFL), another one opens (NRL).
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

President Clinton wrote: February 12, 2024, 7:38 pm Pretty anticlimactic way to end the season if you ask me.

Yeah i was all in on the Lions once Philly departed, would have been SOOOOOOO fun to have them there.
And they have to be sick to their stomach
They had the niners, dead to **** rights, had em... horiffic 3rd qtr where absolutely everything went wrong flips that game

and you know what? Given how that game played out today, the Lions might be god damn SB champs right now if they close that game out.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: February 12, 2024, 6:28 pm
Northern Raider wrote: February 12, 2024, 1:56 pm
Yep, agree with this
Terrible game, very sloppy through 3 qtrs but the final qtr and overtime was amazing

Incredible that the cheifs won, with everything that happened this year, in a down year and it just didn’t matter because they’ve got Mahomes and that’s all that matters

Hands down the best player I’ve ever seen play the sport. Don’t care if he never wins another sb again, no one has played this sport at a higher level than he has through 6 years. Outrageous

Some tweets that encapsulate my take aways from this game

Very interesting takes.... I like it
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

I've seen the winning play, plus about 3 others.

I see Greenlaw blew his achillies. I'm guessing this made a difference. Poor SOB gets a SB loss AND a horrible injury
President Clinton
Dean Lance

Botman wrote: February 12, 2024, 7:44 pm
President Clinton wrote: February 12, 2024, 7:38 pm Pretty anticlimactic way to end the season if you ask me.

Yeah i was all in on the Lions once Philly departed, would have been SOOOOOOO fun to have them there.
They had the niners, dead to **** rights, had em... horiffic 3rd qtr where absolutely everything went wrong flips that game

and you know what? Given how that game played out today, the Lions might be god damn SB champs right now if they close that game out.
I think so too. It would have been a fairytale. Goff and Fightin’ Dan Campbell crowned Super Bowl champions with the world behind them.

But no, we get stuck with Swift / Kelce :doubt:
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

President Clinton wrote: February 12, 2024, 8:31 pm
Botman wrote: February 12, 2024, 7:44 pm

I think so too. It would have been a fairytale. Goff and Fightin’ Dan Campbell crowned Super Bowl champions with the world behind them.

But no, we get stuck with Swift / Kelce :doubt:
As much as I hate Philly, it's the wrong Kelse wearing a ring
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

This might only be interesting to me, and it's painful... but the Chiefs game winning touchdown, same concept and pre snap motion that essentially won them the SB last year
The chiefs call it corndog... WR motions pre snap into the formation and then comes back out, forces the DB's to pass off the motion and then pick it up back up... stresses rules and discipline from DBs.

Eagles and Niners both got caught passing off the motion but didnt execute in picking it back up with proper assignments. Eagles admittedly didnt pick it up at all, Niners did pick it up, but too late... this is why i am excited to hopefully get more motion in the Eagles offence, if used correctly and with purpose it can put a great deal of stress on a defence.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: February 12, 2024, 8:35 pm This might only be interesting to me, and it's painful... but the Chiefs game winning touchdown, same concept and pre snap motion that essentially won them the SB last year
The chiefs call it corndog... WR motions pre snap into the formation and then comes back out, forces the DB's to pass off the motion and then pick it up back up... stresses rules and discipline from DBs.

Eagles and Niners both got caught passing off the motion but didnt execute in picking it back up with proper assignments. Eagles admittedly didnt pick it up at all, Niners did pick it up, but too late... this is why i am excited to hopefully get more motion in the Eagles offence, if used correctly and with purpose it can put a great deal of stress on a defence.
There's a reason why more teams are using it.

Let's face it, we all know, if your opponent has a running start, it makes it harder to catch up.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: February 12, 2024, 8:31 pm I've seen the winning play, plus about 3 others.

I see Greenlaw blew his achillies. I'm guessing this made a difference. Poor SOB gets a SB loss AND a horrible injury
Greenlaw injury absolutely CRITICAL to the game.
1. He was playing LIGHTS out. Man he was moving. He and Warner were just absolutely everywhere. Big part of the chiefs being held to 3 at the half

2. the guy who came in for Greenlaw... not great! didnt fit the run very well and im FAIRLY sure on the MVS touchdown he **** up. That was WIDE ASS open. Eager to hear some pods to know if anyone who knows more about x's and o's than me can explain it but my reading of that Coverage bust and i think he was supposed to carry the seam. Greenlaw is a very buttoned up player. He'd have not blown that assignment.

They also got Kelce going once Greenlaw left the game.