From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: NFL Thread

Post by Botman »

the bone wrote: April 29, 2022, 1:21 pm Cole Strange. Never heard of him
I usually go about 100 prospects deep, this year i was a little under and he came to my attention fairly late
looked like a player you'd feel good about getting in the 3rd to me, maybe you reach a little and take him in the 2nd if you love him

first is way too high
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I like Daxton Hill.
Surprisingly not Booth
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Marrrrrrrrone
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: April 29, 2022, 1:29 pm
I usually go about 100 prospects deep, this year i was a little under and he came to my attention fairly late
looked like a player you'd feel good about getting in the 3rd to me, maybe you reach a little and take him in the 2nd if you love him

first is way too high
There is another guy around the same place too. Trench I think?!?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Lewis Cine rounds out the final pick in round 1
What a wild and whacky first round

now imma need those podcasters to get on their **** and pump out some reaction pods ASAP
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Lewis Cine. Well... thats an interesting finish.
Booth arguably the 3rd CB still there.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: April 29, 2022, 1:29 pm

first is way too high
Not kidding on this. Miami Dolphins forums we've consistently had Strange as an option at 102 if he fell. Even then there was debate about whether we take him. Floored that he went 1st round. It's a reach of all reaches.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Best Players Left on my board by position and in order

Desmond Ridder, QB, Cincinnati
Malik Willis, QB, Liberty

Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State
Kenneth Walker III, RB, Michigan State
James Cook, RB, Georgia

Skyy Moore, WR, Western Michigan
George Pickens, WR, Georgia
Christian Watson, WR, North Dakota State

Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State
Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA

Bernhard Raimann, OT, Central Michigan
Lecitus Smith, OG, Virginia Tech
Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
Alec Lindstrom, OC, Boston College

Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma
Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut

David Ojabo, Edge, Michigan
Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn State
Myjai Sanders, Edge, Cincinatti

Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
Chad Muma, LB, Wyoming
Christian Harris, LB, Alabama

Andrew Booth Jr, CB, Clemson
Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
Roger McCreary, CB, Auburn
Coby Bryant, CB, Cincinatti

Jalen Pitre, S, Baylor
Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State

Eagles getting one of those LBs in the draft tomorrow would make me extremely happy
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Can't believe AJ Brown is an eagle
It's the dumb and dumber line
Every time i think Howie Roseman couldnt possibly be dumber...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

How far will Ojabo drop? Such bad timing on that injury.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 29, 2022, 2:23 pm How far will Ojabo drop? Such bad timing on that injury.
I think he should come off the board pretty early tomorrow
A team who's time line is pretty long aught to grab him... Houston for example
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: April 29, 2022, 2:25 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 29, 2022, 2:23 pm How far will Ojabo drop? Such bad timing on that injury.
I think he should come off the board pretty early tomorrow
A team who's time line is pretty long aught to grab him... Houston for example
If he was still there at 56, it's a very Cowboys pick. We love an injured Rd 1 pick
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

According to an article on the NFL, Ravens got the 2 most valuable picks in this yrs draft. BPA philosophy at its finest.
Jets at 3 with Johnson.
Chiefs at 4 with McDuffie.
5 is Packers with Whyatt believe it or not. (I should not, ARod is on the losers list too, so mixed results at Packers).
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Well...
I'm coming around on Tyler Smith. Very young, very raw, but big and powerful. Dislike that we got rid of a penalty magnet and got another. But looks like he'll play LG and might develop into a LT. OR, might just become a LG road grader, as he can move a man when run blocking. I think the NFL will give this a B-B+ type grade, but I can see the potential.

As for the 2nd and 3rd, I really really really hope we are getting ready to trade up for Skyy Moore or Watson, but ill be happy with Pickens or Metchie.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

He’s a nice pick
Probably not got a huge upside but unlikely to be a total bust too
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: April 29, 2022, 5:31 pm Well...
I'm coming around on Tyler Smith. Very young, very raw, but big and powerful. Dislike that we got rid of a penalty magnet and got another. But looks like he'll play LG and might develop into a LT. OR, might just become a LG road grader, as he can move a man when run blocking. I think the NFL will give this a B-B+ type grade, but I can see the potential.

As for the 2nd and 3rd, I really really really hope we are getting ready to trade up for Skyy Moore or Watson, but ill be happy with Pickens or Metchie.
Smith maybe a bit early at 24. Wouldn't have been there at 56. Their hand was forced a bit by Green and Johnson coming off the board early. He'll play LG and slot straight into the spot vacated by Williams. At 56 they could double down on Oline and take Faalele to replace Collins at RT. Wouldn't be a bad outcome really.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: April 29, 2022, 6:47 pm

Smith maybe a bit early at 24. Wouldn't have been there at 56. Their hand was forced a bit by Green and Johnson coming off the board early. He'll play LG and slot straight into the spot vacated by Williams. At 56 they could double down on Oline and take Faalele to replace Collins at RT. Wouldn't be a bad outcome really.
We need a WR too badly. But if we took Faalele I'd rather him at Guard and Smith at right tackle TBH.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

AJ mfing Brown
Unreal
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: April 29, 2022, 8:00 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 29, 2022, 6:47 pm

We need a WR too badly. But if we took Faalele I'd rather him at Guard and Smith at right tackle TBH.
6'8" guard would make the QBs job harder.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

1. Jags - Travon Walker
Not a big fan, think he's a good player and a first round pick, but he's not got the production that merits the #1 pick. By the time the draft came around we sort of knew it was coming, but i think he's probably 4th best pass rusher in the draft and he was taken #1.

2. Lions - Aiden Hutchinson
I've said before i dont know if he's got a lot of growth left in him, and i dont know that he'll ever be a 15+ sack a year guy which is what you're looking for from a #2 pick... but i am at least confident he'll be a solid pro. I think there is a really good chance we look back on this and say he didnt live up to the pick but i dont think he'll suck.

3. Texans - Derek Stingley Jr
Really like this pick, he's not my top rated corner but i can absolutely see why he was #1 CB on others boards. Probably the highest upside player in the draft. This could be the next great corner in the league.

4. Jets - Sauce Gardner
This is a slam dunk pick. Get scheme fit for Selah's defence. Absolute lock down, super competitve dog in the back end. GREAT pick.

5. Giants - Kayvon Thibodeaux
Another absolute banger pick. Nailed it. If the best pedigree player in this draft isnt Stingley, it's Kayvon. He's been the best player in high school, college and now because he has other interests outside football we chip him? Hate that. This IS the best pass rushing prospect in the draft.

6. Panthers - Ikem Ekwonu
What can you say, the top 10 absolutely NAILED their picks. Another slam dunk pick! This is an incredibly high upside LT. Potentially a 15 year starter, and HOF level upside. A much needed hole plugged for the Panthers

7. Giants - Evan Neal
Cant even pretend the Giants arent hitting this out of the park. Kayvon and Neal is really the perfect draft for them. They get better on both sides of the trenches... Daniel Jones has no excuses.

8. Falcons - Drake London
LOOOOVE it. Obviously Ridley isnt long for this team, once he clears the gambling suspension he'll probably be moved. He's a great fit with Pitts and a true weapon. They'll need a QB at some point but when they get him, they'll be set up nicely with some legit weapons. My #1 WR goes first

9. Seahawks - Charles Cross
WOW! look at the Seahawks ignoring the small school, senior bowl guy to take the seasoned SEC highly tested talent. Good for them. You knew **** was going to get crazy when Seattle were making sound moves.

10. Jets - Garrett Wilson
I wasnt as high on Wilson as others, i'd have taken Williams, Olave and maybe Burks ahead of him? but he fits in beautifully with that jets WR room. Another situation where the young QB is being given no excuses.

***and now **** got very crazy!***

11. Saints - Chris Olave
Love the player, love the fit but the trade up was a bit too much for me. The Saints have always worked on their own board... moving this sort of collateral for Olave when you dont really have the QB of the future is not a move on into. But i do think Olave will be a highly productive player from year 1.

12. Lions - Jameson Williams
This is the best WR in the draft, but again, what it took to trade up when you dont have the QB of the future? I dont know about that! I guess i like this a bit more than Olave because i think the Lions are going to be able to find and get thier QB down the line, probably next year. And this pick will be great when they do that.

13. Eagles - Jordan Davis
This is a not many people on this earth pick... that's the freak athlete. There are simply not many people on planet earth at his size who move the way he does. He's a long term Fletcher Cox replacement and the upside is as big as he is. But DT's just dont have that sizzle/excitement factor.

14. Ravens - Kyle Hamilton
What a pick. They'll know exactly what to do with him. He's going to be a superstar there. Incredible player. Incredible value. Ravens do Ravens things.

15. Texans - Kenyon Green
I like the player fine and he'll be a very good and solid starter for a team that needs that, but i had Zion Johnson comfortably ahead of Green. If OG was the way to go i think they took the wrong guy. This was a bit of a reach

16. WFT - Jahan Dotson
This guy was someone i thought someone might reach for at the back end of the first round, but more likely a really good day 2 pick. He's not a top 16 player. He just isnt. If they liked him this much, trade back again, get more picks and grab him later. The Commies continue to be poorly run

17. Chargers - Zion Johnson
Home run. Instant day 1 upgrade that will give Herbert and the offence more time to drop nukes on opposition defences. Love the fit, love the player, love the value. One of my favourite picks in rd1. Telesco is a hell of a GM, even if Johnson will do his ACL mid training camp

18. Titans - Treylon Burks
REALLY love the player, he's a really good prospect, and if you're going to ship off Aj Brown, he's as good a replacement as you'll find... but asking him to be Aj Brown is a bit much... it's the Peter Griffin Boat vs Mystery Box... you didnt want to pay Brown so you trade him for a player you hope might be as good as Aj Brown.

19. Saints - Trevor Penning
Im not a big Penning guy. I dont really like small school, senior bowl tackles. I just prefer to bet on guys who have played in the SEC and going against premiere pass rushers every week. So not a big fan of this myself. But the saints have a very good track record with drafts so i guess ill give them the BOTD

20. Steelers - Kenny Pickett
Hate it. I liked him a lot during the college season because he was fun, but the more you looked into the QB class... man he just doesnt seem like a franchise QB for me. I had him behind Ridder and Wallis for QB's. One of my least favourite picks.

21. Chiefs - Trent McDuffie
Dude can play some football. Small arms or not, he can do it all as a corner. Really good decision to move up and grab him. Think he'll be a star. Great pick.

22. Packers - Quay Walker
Here you go, Rodgers. An off the ball LB! I had heard on a few pods that Walker was #1 LB on a lot of teams boards and i didnt really believe it. I really like him as a player... did the packers need ANOTHER off the ball LB? No. But the WR board was decimated at this point so i guess you just take the guy you like. Wouldnt have been the pick i made.

23. Bills - Kaiir Elam
LOVE it. He's super underrated imo, across from Tre White the Bills just filled a very big hole in their team. This is a pick i could easily see being pointed to post SB next year as a key move for a championship team.

24. Cowboys - Tyler SMith
Just a good double. Not a home run pick, dont know that he's got a future all pro career in him but i also doubt he sucks. He's going to be a productive player for them, even if he's not a superstar.

25. Ravens - Tyler Linderbaum
Didnt really consider this as a potential landing spot but it's in the zone of teams i feel good about him going to. They'll know what to do with him and he'll be an all pro there. Great pick

26. Jets - Jermaine Johnson
The best value pick in the first round by some distance, this is a top 10-15 talent easily, and he goes 26. I believe the Jets were interested in him inside the top 10. When he slides this far and they can get back up and get him. What a draft for the Jets.

27. Jags - Devin Lloyd
I think this is the right zone for Lloyd as a player, though i have Dean higher... but you dont trade back into the first for an off the ball LB. I really dont like how the Jags went about their business in this first round.

28. Packers - Devonte Wyatt
Another boring, unsexy and unexciting pick. Character concerns too. I cant imagine the packers or their fans are sitting at home tonight feeling particularly great about moving Adams and getting Wyatt and Walker. They had 2 first round picks and imo are no closer to a SB ring than they were 24 hours ago.

29. Patriots - Cole Strange
I've not seen a single person who had him below 70 on their big board... if you like the player fine, trade back! he's going to be there at 40, 50 and 60. You dont have to take the guy at 29. Even if he's good, you had the chance to get someone else and then him! The opportunity cost is staggering.

30. Cheifs - George Karlaftis
I didnt think he'd be a first round pick but i think this is a good spot for him. Good team, who understands the value of pass rush, high octane passing game which will give him chances to have advantageous pass rush situations. His motor and work ethic will hold him in good stead. Another im not sure will be a 10+ sack a year guy but i doubt he's a total bum who cant play.

31. Bengals - Dax Hill
Perfect pick, tweener S/CB. He can play under Jesse Bates, he can pick up slot wrs, and be that chess piece to move around and let Bates play over the top. The bengals have made really strong moves this off season with the OL upgrades and this pick.

32. Vikings - Lewis Cine
LOVE Cine, he's my top rated Safety outside Hamilton and i dont think it's close. He is underrated because he never had to do anything in that Georgia defence. He was the eraser but never had to erase anything because the team was so damn good. He'll be a really good NFL player imo.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Botman wrote: April 29, 2022, 8:12 pm AJ mfing Brown
Unreal
STILL on this Bull.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

All the trades and moves were wild and almost impossible to keep track of watching live. Now the dust has settled I'd say overall it was a very solid draft.

Best single pick I'll give to Panthers for resisting the urge to reach for a QB at 6 and go for a guy who can bookend their line for many years to come.

Best team in day 1 is Giants. Got a pair of guys at 5 and 7 who could have legitimately gone 1 and 2 while filling genuine needs. It fell perfectly for them and they took advantage.

Honorary mention to Jets. I expect they were flipping a coin between Garrett Wilson and Jermaine Johnson at no10. Went with Wilson but to have Johnson still on the board when they were back on the clock at 26 would have felt like Christmas in April.

Not many picks I can be overly critical of. You just knew Steelers were going to take Pickett. I still don't like at as I'm not seeing a quality NFL QB. He will compete with Trubisky for the starting role and its hard to see either lifting them into a playoff team.

Biggest reach comfortably goes to the Pats. Traded back in the first round and the took IOL Cole Strange. Firstly they had plenty of good prospects in positions of need at 21. Bypassed those to get an extra 3rd and 4th rounder then selected a player who would likely have still been there in the 3rd. Worst case use their 2nd rounder on him and grab Booth, Dean or one of many quality defensive players on the board.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Logan Hall to Buccs to kick off day 2. Solid pick.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I’m stuck at home in covid isolation so my wife has no excuse not to let me watch the entire 2nd and 3rd round
Very pumped

Logan Hall to the Bucs to kick things off. Nice solid pick but I’d prefer Winfrey

Packers on the clock!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Would love George Pickens or Skyy Moore here
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Christian Watson is a good pick
I didn’t have him too far behind Pickens and Moore
A bit of a pick your poison decision
Finally a weapon for Rodgers
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Titans - Roger McCreary, CB
Good player with short arms but over Booth Jr is a surprise!

Jets - Breece Hall, RB
Move up with the giants, they get a really good player here but I like Michael Carter. Not sure the need was there.

Texans - Jalen Pitre, S/CB
Another really good Texans pick. He can be a foundation to help build that secondary around

Falcons - Arnold Ebiketie, Edge
love him and think that’s a really shrewd pick for the falcons. I like the way they’re building this
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Bears - Kyle Gordon, Cb
Another really good pick and one of my best available players. He should be a good corner for them

Seattle - Boye Mafe, Edge
Not a huge Mafe guy myself, others like him a lot. Looked a project for me. No qb is a surprise

Seattle - Kenneth Walker, RB
The next best rb goes here and STILL no qb. Wow. Seattle continue to spend premium picks on running backs

Vikings - Andrew Booth Jr, CB
Awesome pick. That dude can play. Injury concerns dropped him down but this is a first round talent
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Up to pick 44 and Nakobe Dean still in the board. Is there something that concerns teams?
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Hmm don’t love the Giants moves in round 2. First trade down was fine. Second trade down was too much - saw Kyler Gordon and Andrew Booth Jr go off the board. Then they take a WR that I haven’t heard of.
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

Ravens take David Ojabo. It must be nice being a Ravens fan over the draft weekend
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Giants - Wan’Dale Robinson, WR
solid slot receiver prospect, this is a bit early for me and is maybe a Kadarius Tony replacement.

Texans - John Metchie III, WR
Very tough and underrated player in this draft imo. But not ahead of Pickens and Skyy for me

Ravens - David Ojabo, Edge
Elite top 15 talent who falls due to the Achilles… that’s a bit of a scary injury for an edge player but I can’t fault the swing

Lions - Josh Paschal, Edge
Not got a lot to say here, I didn’t see much on him. DJ seems high on him though

Commies - Phidarian Mathis, DT
this is don’t mind, he’s a really solid interior defender. Tough to move off the spot. Don’t know that he has the pass rush juice though

Bears - Jaquan Brisker, S
Bears doing great work here. They’ve given their secondary a good jolt here in the second round
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Saints - Alontae Taylor, CB
Would have liked this more in the 3rd but it’s not a huge reach imo. He’s a physical tackler so he’ll fit in nicely at the saints

Patriots - Tyquan Thornton, WR
The speedster that ran the 4.2 40 yard. Give that offence much needed big time speed element

And now the eagles better full send this for Nakobe Dean
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

No! What on earth?!!
A center who is going to sit for a year with this talent on the board. Everyone seems to like him but God dammit Howie, Dean was right there
Last edited by Botman on April 30, 2022, 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I like that pick, but he'd have been there without moving up.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk