2009 Golden Boogs Awards Ceremony

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Off
Laurie Daley

Re: Official 2009 Golden Boogs Thread - LIVE AWARDS RIGHT NOW!

Post by Off »

GCR Behind bars. :hmmm

And we have a camera crew present. :hmmm :hmmm
This place is woke.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

T_R wrote:
IBG wrote:Bay, if there's one thing you're good at, it's getting people wound up (myself included :lol:). You play your bad guy role to perfection, and you should take this award .....
...and sod off.
:lol: Well played.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:
IBG wrote:Bay, if there's one thing you're good at, it's getting people wound up (myself included :lol:). You play your bad guy role to perfection, and you should take this award .....
...and sod off.
:lol:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

congrats bay. well deserved
my favourite sparring partner ;)
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

How many awards are left... i must get back to my HSC study :thumbsdown ..... Maybe i should have a few more drinks instead
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

And now we're down to the final two awards of the evening!!!

PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR

Let's face it, it's hard to get recognized here on the GH if you don't have some semblence of a personality - and this includes everything like your 'gimmick' such as an avatar or flashy signature to the way you carry yourself in regards to other GH members. If you haven't made a splash or a fuss, you likely haven't been nominated for this award. Let's see how we went...

4TH PLACE - Raider_69: 6.90%

3RD PLACE - Bay56: 13.79%

2ND PLACE - Schifty: 20.69%

This means the winner is...

- Question: 58.62%

Well done Q.

You've rattled numerous people's cages this year, and whether it be by design or by accident, you've proved to be very entertaining and have done a stellar job at imitating a certified lunatic.

Keep up the great mentally unstable work!

POSTER OF THE YEAR NEXT!!!

Any last minute predictions?
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

R69 to continue his egg laying form, thats my prediction! :lol:
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

I'm calling it a night for the Boogs... and with only one award to go, going to go lie down and watch Lie to Me.

Spent 8 hours building an architecture model today, my back is killing me. :(

As R69 said, I was robbed! :lol:

... but congrats to all the winners anyway
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Q-man is on fire!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Congratulations all on the awards so far... good to see our audience number is now larger than Spiderman 3 as we build to the big award!
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

Post by The Naked Zombie »

IBG wrote: POSTER MOST LIKELY TO BE THROWN IN JAIL

The clear winner is...

- The Naked Zombie: 55.17%

A deserved winner.

I don't even know what to say, for in fear of what will happen next.

SECURITY!!!
FOUR IN A ROW!

and just quietly i actully DID spent time behind bars earlier this year.... SCORE!
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

I hope its Nick. Poor old fella has copped an absolute beating tonight.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Naked Zombie wrote:
and just quietly i actully DID spent time behind bars earlier this year.... SCORE!
:lol: Outstanding

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

The Naked Zombie wrote:
IBG wrote: and just quietly i actully DID spent time behind bars earlier this year.... SCORE!
Im not surprised :lol:
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

OK folks, this is what we've all waited for...

DALEY C POSTER OF THE YEAR

Every year one poster has the distinguished reward of being called the Poster of the Year.

Usually the nominees have to have shown a demonstrated ability in the art of the Raiders, Rugby League in general as well as contribute to the Lime Green social forum ... and this year's nominees are no exception.

COMING IN 4TH PLACE - Seiffert82: 7.41% - A valient effort for the rising GH star!

COMING IN 3RD PLACE - Northern Raider: 14.81% - Another strong effort this time for one of the GH's most improved posters!

COMING IN AS A RUNNER UP 2ND PLACE - Lime Green: 18.52% - A great accomplishment - congrats for a great year!

This means the winner is...

Wait... this means the WINNERS ARE!!!

That's right ladies and gentlemen for the first time we have a tie for the Daley C Poster of the Year...

- dubby and Raider_69: 29.63%

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done to two of the GH's mainstays over the years - your inputs on both the Raiders and off-the-field topics are always entertaining and this award is well deserved.
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

yeh raiders wrote:How many awards are left... i must get back to my HSC study :thumbsdown ..... Maybe i should have a few more drinks instead
the only study you need to be doing in year 12 is the sex with girls. so if your off to do the sex thats fine, otherwise Q is in dire need of a reach-around

i am wasted
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

Congratulations to all the award winners, thanks to everyone who attended and thanks to all who voted, and I hope you enjoyed tonight's festivities!

Aaaaaaand excuse me while I go kill myself now. *collapse*

IBG - OUT!
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Well done 69, you got my vote. Oh wait, I didn't vote. Well, you would have got my vote. Which means you would have won. And Dubby would have lost! Oh well.
Last edited by Canberra Milk on October 13, 2009, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Richly deserved. A fine win to you both.

Now, join me in the bar and let's raise a toast to another fine year on The Greenhouse.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Purely by accident IBG.

On behalf of team Q thanks, I am lost for words,I mean to head that field of brilliant contendors is somewaht embarrassing.

Anyways Cheers and punch on.
This place is woke.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

IBG, a fine effort. You are a worthy host in the Billy Crystal mold.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

JEBUS! :shock:

Totally did not expect that one.

Well thank you to those who voted for me. Your $5 is in the mail as we speak.

Its a privilege to share this Boogs with the Grand Daddy of the GH, the man who initiated it all and whose love and passion for the Raiders is inspiring to us all. R69s posts have improved immensely over the years and he is a most worthy winner of this award.

Thanks guys :cry:

IBG.....well in mate. Well in :clap:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

:clap: IBG = great work tonight
:clap: All the winners/Fleetwood Mac
:clap: Anyone else that wants to get in the cab and share the fare with me back to Jason Buggereli's for kick on's
IBG
Gary Belcher

Post by IBG »

T_R wrote:IBG, a fine effort. You are a worthy host in the Billy Crystal mold.
Billy Crystal rocks. Thanks mate. :)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Congratulations dubby and R69!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

The Naked Zombie wrote:
yeh raiders wrote:How many awards are left... i must get back to my HSC study :thumbsdown ..... Maybe i should have a few more drinks instead
the only study you need to be doing in year 12 is the sex with girls. so if your off to do the sex thats fine, otherwise Q is in dire need of a reach-around

i am wasted
From Urban Dictionary:
2. reach around

when two men are having gay sex and the man behind reaches around and jacks off the guy in the front
:nooo
Stringer
John Ferguson

Post by Stringer »

Well done Dubby and especially Raider_69. Does anyone mind if i sleep in here for the night?
A big thanks to Fistinz for the signature
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

IBG wrote: DALEY C POSTER OF THE YEAR

COMING IN 3RD PLACE - Northern Raider: 14.81% - Another strong effort this time for one of the GH's most improved posters!
85.19% of you can go and get ****. :rant

I actually voted for R69 so I fall into that category. congrats Nick.
Last edited by Northern Raider on October 13, 2009, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Nerkster wrote:Well done Dubby and especially Raider_69. Does anyone mind if i sleep in here for the night?
GH and Boogs tradition mate, you have too.

PS it gets kinda warm in here

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

yeh raiders wrote: :clap: Anyone else that wants to get in the cab and share the fare with me back to Jason Buggereli's for kick on's
:cmon Free Coke for all GH members.....
The Naked Zombie
Gary Belcher

im not feeling to gooo....

thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Well done to both Raider_69 and dubby! And all the winners tonight. IBG - a sterling job, fantastically played! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Here's to another great year at the Greenhouse! :thumbsup
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

I dont know what to say.. i had a speech but it was filled with ridicule for the winner not me :lol:

Firstly thanks to those who voted for me. Well in.
To those who didnt, go to hell! ****.

This is more a reflection on how poor you all are. Its as much an insult to you, as it is a compliment to me. I now know me and dubby suck slightly less than the rest of you bums. But on with the thanks

Well done Dubs on co-winning! :thumbsup
I want to think GE for keeping this site alive
Bay and his cohorts for supplying endless inane **** for me to respond to... good banter, looking forward to another year of it in 2010
To my comrades, tonight we feast on concerned fans corpses! :thumbsup
To Marko, ill still beat you in a cheeseburger off
To the RA, its lucky you enjoy drinking, because you're odd bunch otherwise
To Toby - WE DID IT BABY! WHOOO! This is one for conversion enthusiast's everywhere
To the general GH public, bow to me. Tonight i am your god

And finally to IBG, great night, fantastically well presented. My "laundry" will be in your "basket" first thing tomorrow. Ill have Mr Bill and his associate Bride Ary drop it around.

I love youse all... wait, no i dont, i hate you all... except those who voted for me, you guys im so-so on.
Good night losers

FTR: Rueing the fact i voted for Dubby now. Thats a two vote turn around in this poll! BAHHHH! :lol:
Seriously, well done dubby, its a fine honour to share the award with you. Ill be Josh Dugan, you can be Josh Miller ;)

oh yea

VIVA LA FURNER'S!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'd like to thank IBG for hosting the event this year. I'm sure you'll all agree it was an outstanding effort! And the show only went 10 minutes over time! :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulations on an innovative, witty hosting job!

Hopefully, IBG's hosting of the Boogs can become a tradition!
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

congratulations To all, what an array of talent here tonight,Amazing.

Dubs and 69,I doff the hat.
This place is woke.