2009 Golden Boogs contenders

We recognise our posters with the Daley M Awards!

Moderator: GH Moderators

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: 2009 Golden Boogs nominations

Post by Nick »

Sterlk wrote:
Michael wrote:That's not for you to decide.
Maybe not... but do you really disagree with me here? There's no way pangrams is worse than "Bring back Todd Carney"... I've yet to see a thread that I consider worse than that; it was popular, I'll give it that, but it was infuriating and repetitive enough.

a previous winner of the award was SOULS 04 "Guess the Code" thread, which essential said "jed is gay", it won convincingly and your thread is of the same mould... the nomination stands :lol:
Crusher

Post by Crusher »

Sterlk wrote:
Maybe not... but do you really disagree with me here? There's no way pangrams is worse than "Bring back Todd Carney"... I've yet to see a thread that I consider worse than that; it was popular, I'll give it that, but it was infuriating and repetitive enough.
I also nominate the "Bring Back Todd Carney" thread for the BEST thread award, that is unless there is a "Todd Carney Resigns with Raiders" thread in the near future...
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Raider_69 wrote:
Sterlk wrote:
a previous winner of the award was SOULS 04 "Guess the Code" thread, which essential said "jed is gay", it won convincingly and your thread is of the same mould... the nomination stands :lol:
Fair enough.

... though if I win a boog for that thread it's definitely not going into my sig. :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just because something is mentioned for a nomination in this thread doesn't mean it will make the final list of nominations... there's a whole year of bad threads to come yet Sterlk! :lol:
Sasha
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Woodgers

Post by Sasha »

greeneyed wrote:Just because something is mentioned for a nomination in this thread doesn't mean it will make the final list of nominations... there's a whole year of bad threads to come yet Sterlk! :lol:
Not in this case, that thread has already been installed as a $1.15 favourite on YASSTAB.
Rodman
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: N/A

Post by Rodman »

Schifty wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Just because something is mentioned for a nomination in this thread doesn't mean it will make the final list of nominations... there's a whole year of bad threads to come yet Sterlk! :lol:
Not in this case, that thread has already been installed as a $1.15 favourite on YASSTAB.
:lol: :clap: :lol:

Pure Gold.
#BoneMcCrone
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Nerkster wrote:
Northern Raider wrote:Newbie of the year: Rick_James
:rant
I got nominated the very first time they had the Boogs...the guy they ended up giving too has since gone awol or changed his name
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If we had a post of the year... maybe this would be one...
mdmactavish wrote: :lol: :lol:

So the GH has now established that Climate Change is not real, all methods of dating geology are flawed and the world is 6000 years old, the US Government flew its own planes into the WTC killing 1000's of innocent people so it could invade Iraq, facts are not facts but simply evidence open to interpretation and Raiders management did not know Henry wanted to leave when Bennett rang.

I worry about our education system if people actually believe these things..
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Sterlk wrote:In all seriousness I propose a new Boogs category; "Most mentally defective poster"
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Nomination for Boogs .pencil necked virgin of the year.Sterlk
This place is woke.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Wow... there's a nomination for call of the year! :roll:
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Sterlk wrote:Wow... there's a nomination for call of the year! :roll:
Fixed.
This place is woke.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Question wrote:
Sterlk wrote:Wow... there's a nomination for call of the year! :roll:
Fixed.
Uh huh... given that it's completely 100% unchanged I guess I can take it as a compliment? :hmmm
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Knock it off. Further posts tonight from Sterlk and Question in this thread will be deleted.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

GE for admin of the year...
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

timmay.08 wrote:GE for admin of the year...
Ah well, at least I know that I have bay56's vote :lol:

Assuming I'm still eligible for the award at the end of the season
Inactive

Post by Inactive »

Schifty wrote:

for a few favours I'll give anyone a vote :D :D

btw it's capital B Marko
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'll nominate Schifty for Admin of the Year.

Better nominate R69 as well... :)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:I'll nominate Schifty for Admin of the Year.

Better nominate R69 as well... :)
so we can double nominate?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You can make as many nominations as you want... they are just proposals for nominees.
Sasha
Laurie Daley

Post by Sasha »

Bay56 wrote:
Schifty wrote:

for a few favours I'll give anyone a vote :D :D

btw it's capital B Marko
I'm open to negotiations..... :hmmm

p.s. I'll be sure to use the Capital B in Bay56 in the future, and yes I know, there is no space either :lol:
Nick
Mal Meninga

Post by Nick »

Thread of the year Nom:
Dugan to the Roosters - April Fools classic
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13276

Quote/Call of the year:
"Of course it is. And not a very good one. Honestly, who rollerblades anymore?" - Rick James in reference to the LU April Fools joke about Dugan breaking his leg Rollerblading
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

What's the post he's responding to? I think it must have lost a lot without the post he's referring to.

EDIT: Nevermind, did a search
Rick James wrote:
Loz wrote:Dugan breaks leg rollerblading
Written by: Michael Edgar
Apr 1, 2009

The much anticipated debut of Raiders fullback Josh Dugan has been put on hold indefinitely with news the boom rookie has broken his leg in two places overnight. Details of the mishap are unclear at this time but it is believed he tripped while rollerblading around his suburban Canberra home yesterday afternoon.

Dugan was picked in first grade for the clash against the Cowboys on Monday night but will now likely spend the remainder of the season on the sidelines recovering from his injuries. Dugan has also been the speculation of rumours he is bound for the Roosters next year even though he is under contract with the Raiders until the end of 2010.

Raiders coach David Furner could not be reached for comment regarding the accident, nor could any Raiders official confirm the incident, but Dugan is said to be shattered by this latest turn of events after biding his time in the premiership winning Toyota Cup side.

David Milne has been promoted back to the first grade side after being dropped after a poor showing against the Eels last weekend.

The Raiders remain anchored to the bottom of the table after three straight losses to start the season.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=17656

:nooo
Of course it is. And not a very good one. Honestly, who rollerblades anymore?
thickos
Laurie Daley

Post by thickos »

Can I nominate whoever posted the David Furner 'Obama' photo in I think the Rd 2 Post-Match thread

"Yes He Can"

priceless :lol:
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Call of the year nomination by Gillfish

"I could be off with the fairies but I believe Dugan has **** all chance of displacing Milne at fullback for this game, let alone the next 5 games.."

3hours before Dugan was named to debut :roflmao

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=13234&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=105
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Gillfish wrote: I could be off with the fairies but I believe Dugan has **** all chance of displacing Milne at fullback for this game, let alone the next 5 games..
This is one of the things that really annoys me. So many people screw up using "let alone". The most probable thing comes before it and the least probable after! You're trying to say "I can't see this more probable thing happening so how is this less probable thing going to happen?".

Gillfish does have it in the correct order if he was saying that Dugan had no chance of replacing Milne for the next 5 games, but considering no one said anything to that effect (that I can see) and the 5 games appears to be random I assume he meant replacing Milne at some point in the next five games.
Wiggy
Brett Mullins

Post by Wiggy »

thickos wrote:Can I nominate whoever posted the David Furner 'Obama' photo in I think the Rd 2 Post-Match thread

"Yes He Can"

priceless :lol:
That was me! Thanks Thickos

http://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 75#p367875
Schifty wrote:Maybe Furner needs to needs to slip in some "Yes We Can" into his press conferences...
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

May I propose introducing a "most irritating and inappropriate usage of smilies" award for 2009?
#BoneMcCrone
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

... that's almost as transparent as my award category for Question 10ish posts up.

"Irritating and inappropriate usage of smilies" isn't something to aspire to, but it's certainly not insulting... I'd have nothing against being the recipient
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

Sterlk wrote:... that's almost as transparent as my award category for Question 10ish posts up.

"Irritating and inappropriate usage of smilies" isn't something to aspire to, but it's certainly not insulting... I'd have nothing against being the recipient
I assure you that it isn't the only thing you are notorious for...
#BoneMcCrone
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Eh... I've got no problem with that, the notoriety doesn't follow me around when I'm not on the GH.
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

Sterlk wrote:Eh... I've got no problem with that, the notoriety doesn't follow me around when I'm not on the GH.
Judging by the number of times you are quoted, I would suggest that absolutely nothing follows you around the GH either...
#BoneMcCrone
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

That's 3 "insults" in a row that have fallen flat and not offended me, you're losing your touch. You can't gain notoriety if nobody reads your stuff, you've conflicted yourself.

This is getting ridiculous, I have no desire to continue this in this thread like I did with Question... if you really want to continue then take it somewhere else.

Personally I have no desire to continue this "fued" with you anyway, it's degenerated into you taking random potshots at posts that seemingly almost nobody else has a problem with... honestly it's quite boring, find somebody else to be your "whipping boy."
Rodman
Laurie Daley

Post by Rodman »

Sterlk wrote:That's 3 "insults" in a row that have fallen flat and not offended me, you're losing your touch. You can't gain notoriety if nobody reads your stuff, you've conflicted yourself.

This is getting ridiculous, I have no desire to continue this in this thread like I did with Question... if you really want to continue then take it somewhere else.

Personally I have no desire to continue this "fued" with you anyway, it's degenerated into you taking random potshots at posts that seemingly almost nobody else has a problem with... honestly it's quite boring, find somebody else to be your "whipping boy."
I would hardly call this little back-and-forth a 'feud'.

Frankly, I thought you'd be stoked that someone was finally paying attention to you...
#BoneMcCrone