Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

T_R
Don Furner

Re: Press for truth

Post by T_R »

Ah, Crusher.
The Vindicated wrote:Bye bye Abbott :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is the real loser here today, at least Rudd has been PM. Abbott never will be.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Is he really likening ge to Stephen Conroy??
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Press for truth

Post by -TW- »

Has done for ages

Believed GE was censoring the GH
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Well somebody is
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:**Edit**

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Vindicated
Brett Mullins

Re: Anthony Milford vows to give his all to the Raiders

Post by The Vindicated »

T_R wrote:
The Vindicated wrote: Nice attempt at saving face, but we both know you were way out of line with that. To his credit, Conroy (that's Greeneyed for those who aren't aware of his nickname) even told you it was inappropriate and made you apologise. Since you said it twice though it's pretty clear you weren't the least bit remorseful. I just hope that someone who actually has a medical condition doesn't cop one of your abhorrent slurs, which is why I made a stand against it then and why I'm pointing it out again now. It's simply not on, regardless of what spin you try to put on it.
Still living deep in the less fashionable neighbourhoods of fantasyland, I see.
The Vindicated wrote: I'm sure I have been missed, you right wingers must get pretty bored just playing with yourselves on here without a voice of reason to challenge you.
I certainly don't want to cause damage to whatever fragile network of deep emotional issues it is that binds you together, but you need to know that this place has been hit of a tsunami of nutcases from the loony left in recent times and the resident barricade-stormer position has long since been filled.
At least you aren't even bothering to defend he indefensible. Greeneyed probably gave you a well deserved clip over the ears for tarnishing his forum. Tsk tsk!

If its true that this forum has lots of rational lefties now, I'd say its because Canberra is the most anti-extremist right wing place in the entire country. You and your little band of followers are the lunatic fringe, and now it seems that is even true on your own forum. I'm glad others are taking up the fight against your extremism. And don't worry about damaging my emotions, I get a good laugh every time I read one of your whacko posts.
The Vindicated
Brett Mullins

Post by The Vindicated »

T_R wrote:Ah, Crusher.
The Vindicated wrote:Bye bye Abbott :lol: :lol: :lol:

He is the real loser here today, at least Rudd has been PM. Abbott never will be.
Yes, he definitely was the real loser that day, Gillard kicked his ass. Bet it still drives you insane that a women became PM doesn't it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who got too distracted by Rudd v Gillard and will vote whatever way Murdoch and co tell them to. But it's ok, Australia needs to be reminded of how bad the Libs are and phoney Tony is doing a great job of proving how incompetent he is. I'm just so proud that I'm a duel Aus/Irish citizen and a Greens voter! Éirinn go Brách! Phoney Tony will never be my PM. Great too see the Greens on the rise too, Labor are looking over their shoulders now...

I also remember stating long ago that there was a very real chance that Rudd would return as PM after Gillard took over. You and your little band of extremists laughed and said it would never happen. Yep, it happened. Abbott didn't win the election, Labor lost it and that's their fault for concentrating on themselves too much. Abbott has no mandate and now that the spotlight is on him people are realising what a terrible mistake they made by listening to the exremist right wing media.
Last edited by The Vindicated on April 21, 2014, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Vindicated
Brett Mullins

Post by The Vindicated »

VictorTheViking wrote:Is he really likening ge to Stephen Conroy??
Senator Conroy tried to censor the Internet, Greeneyed Conroy did likewise and failed too. Seems unlike the Senator, Greeneyed may have finally learned his lesson.
The Vindicated
Brett Mullins

Post by The Vindicated »

Bipolar Bear wrote:Welcome back Crusher.

Hello Bear, TR, Tim, Bushy, Nick, etc...

You guys better not go to NZ! :o
The Vindicated
Brett Mullins

Post by The Vindicated »

Ah it's been amusing to read the ramblings of you whacko right wing nutters, but I'm far too busy these days to waste my time here like I used to trying to get you all to listen to reason. That's the price of success though I guess! I remember it was like trying to explain something to an extremely thick brick wall sometimes haha. Until next time... :hi
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Ah the good ole sheep insult, the conspiracy theorists favorite. It can apply as much to both sides, you're just following what a different group are telling you.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That was the most pathetic trolling effort yet on this board. Scatter-gun, random and far too off the planet to register any critical hits.

Crusher, you're clearly out of practice, rather than just out of your mind.

Clean up your game. Very disappointing.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

T_R wrote:Crusher, you're clearly out of practice, rather than just out of your mind.
:lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

You've gotta give him credit though, he's tried to troll pretty much the entire forum at once.

I haven't seen trolling of that magnitude since... Well, billyt
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Nope, he was overreaching - far too broad a scattering of lunacy.

He needs to get back to the grind; small targets and gnawing, annoying monomania. It's the game plan that made him one of the most annoying people ever on this board, and it's a shame to see a former champion come back for one last season, then stumblingly retire from the bench for reserve grade.

Tragic, in its way.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I welcome more Crusher posts on the GH.

Be great if there were more Bay56 posts but he hasn't posted in weeks :(
Shadow Boxer
Ricky Stuart

Post by Shadow Boxer »

What name is he using ?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

This is like watching Ali's last fight
He lost to Larry Holmes. The tragedy here, isn't that Crusher can't troll. He can. The tragedy was that he still thinks he is the Crusher of old.

Crusher has become the Steven Seagal of the GH... these last three posts would go straight to VHS. Wouldnt even get a run on Blue Ray or DVD. No one would even put it on the pirate bay illegally.

Poor crusher.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Shadow Boxer wrote:What name is he using ?

billyt?
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Raider Bell
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Billyt

Post by Raider Bell »

Great thread.
"A hex on your house, and more importantly your health"
"I truly hope the spirit of my mate gives you hell, you deserve it"
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:Nope, he was overreaching - far too broad a scattering of lunacy.

He needs to get back to the grind; small targets and gnawing, annoying monomania. It's the game plan that made him one of the most annoying people ever on this board, and it's a shame to see a former champion come back for one last season, then stumblingly retire from the bench for reserve grade.

Tragic, in its way.
Very Matt Orford like that return
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

This one is amazing.

http://tellmenow.com/2014/05/video-proo ... tc-on-911/

I don't even know where to start.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

How the World Trade Centre attacks changed the way we engineer buildings

After the devastating 9/11 attacks in New York in 2001, the world was left reeling. But it wasn't just the loss of life that was so shocking, engineers were also surprised at how quickly the twin towers had collapsed, despite having heat protection surrounding their internal steel beams. The latest episode of Catastrophic Science, created by the University of New South Wales (UNSW) in Australia, explains how the horrific terrorist attacks have now changed the way we build forever.

It turns out that the World Trade Centre's rapid collapse was a result of its design, which used ultra-stiff, long steel beams to hold up each floor. These beams stretched from the lift core at the centre of the building to its perimeter, with no internal columns in between, to avoid wasting floor space.

This meant that the engineers could build an incredibly stable building capable of housing tens of thousands of workers, but when the airplanes hit, the beams were so rigid that the impact immediately knocked off their fire protection. As a result of the extreme heat following the explosion, the beams then began to expand and push against the perimeter columns, causing the entire structure collapse on itself. "As a result, they don't design buildings that way anymore," UNSW engineer Mark Bradford explains in the video above.

Read more http://www.sciencealert.com/watch-how-t ... e-we-build
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

But... but... I thought the building was brought down by the government??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

That sounds made up. UNSW are clearly in on the conspiracy.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That sounds more like it, Zaius

They've changed the way they design buildings since 911 in order to propagate the conspiracy
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Exactly. The building industry are in on it too.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Ive got an out-of-left-field theory that the buildings went down as a result of two large planes flying into them.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Loon!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote:Ive got an out-of-left-field theory that the buildings went down as a result of two large planes flying into them.
:lol: This **** guy
The man has you by the balls, son!

Open your eyes!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:Ive got an out-of-left-field theory that the buildings went down as a result of two large planes flying into them.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahahahaha crazy old TR is at it at again.

Planes hitting the building, that'll deadset do me.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I got a bit excited when this thread got a bump. Turned out very unexciting.....except for T_R's ridiculous theory.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Can TR be a verb for conspiracy loving crackpot?
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Dr Zaius wrote:Can TR be a verb for conspiracy loving crackpot?
And greens voter