Ex Raiders... where are they now?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by julian87 »

Makaveli wrote: March 9, 2022, 3:26 pm Wonder what the Mounties think of their decision to partner with the Dogs now, who have stacked all of their players into their own side and given Mounties a couple lower grade/youth players.
Aren't Mounties now not aligned with any club at all? That's what I thought the case was.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

julian87 wrote: March 13, 2022, 10:04 am
Makaveli wrote: March 9, 2022, 3:26 pm Wonder what the Mounties think of their decision to partner with the Dogs now, who have stacked all of their players into their own side and given Mounties a couple lower grade/youth players.
Aren't Mounties now not aligned with any club at all? That's what I thought the case was.
They've got a deal with the Bulldogs this year, but it runs out after 2022. The Bulldogs ostensibly have two NSW Cup sides, for the moment.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2022, 8:18 am
kiwi raider wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:50 am From memory we wanted to keep Ravalawa? He left because he didn't see a pathway to first grade with Rapana and Cotric filling the wing spots?
Yeah, he didn’t even give the Raiders a shot at matching the Dragons offer. The Raiders were miffed as they gave him the opportunity to play in Australia.
So he was sent directly out of the squad to play Park footy without passing go.
I don't blame the club one bit.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I bet Ravalawa didnt have a moment of doubt once he saw how the club reacted.
Imagine the club and some it's fans somehow thinking Ravalawa was in debt to the club and owed them anything more than fulfilling his contractual obligations. As if we just did him this giant favour and got nothing back in return... it's a contract, we paid for services, he provided services.

And Imagine thinking a player should stick around out of some Bull sense of debt when there is no clear pathway to career progression. :lol:
Fandom is a **** toxic at times :lol:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There's nothing "toxic" about supporting a club decision, given those circumstances. A player signs with another club without a proper discussion with your current club? That’s a reasonable expectation on the part of the current club. Fair dinkum.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

What is there to discuss? There was no genuine pathway to FG football. He’s didn’t come here to play reserve grade football
He came here to prove himself, play nrl footy and change his families fortunes… none of which could be achieved sitting behind two of the best in the entire game at the time.

And the club that did him such a big favour, and for whom he should apparently be indebted to showed how little they really cared about him as a person when they sent him packing. He was no longer apart of the future so he was dead to them. :lol:

And you’re supporting the clubs dummy spit because the poor Fijian kid fulfilled his contract and did what’s best for his family because of fandom?
You line these circumstances up in any other industry and no chance you would be in the corner of the big corporation over the talent :lol:
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2022, 11:27 am
greeneyed wrote: March 13, 2022, 8:18 am
kiwi raider wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:50 am From memory we wanted to keep Ravalawa? He left because he didn't see a pathway to first grade with Rapana and Cotric filling the wing spots?
Yeah, he didn’t even give the Raiders a shot at matching the Dragons offer. The Raiders were miffed as they gave him the opportunity to play in Australia.
So he was sent directly out of the squad to play Park footy without passing go.
I don't blame the club one bit.
Neither do I!
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Josh Dugan seeking to be a role model….

‘I’ve started missing the game’: Former NRL bad boy finds surprise new home at regional New South Wales outfit Orange United for 2022: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ive-s ... ae6fdbb8e0
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Billy Walker wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:32 pm Josh Dugan seeking to be a role model….

‘I’ve started missing the game’: Former NRL bad boy finds surprise new home at regional New South Wales outfit Orange United for 2022: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ive-s ... ae6fdbb8e0
Can you imagine fronting for counselling and him saying come in and take a seat sir!
I wonder if his counselling room has rooftop views? :hmmm
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Old School Green wrote: March 13, 2022, 9:41 pm
Billy Walker wrote: March 13, 2022, 6:32 pm Josh Dugan seeking to be a role model….

Can you imagine fronting for counselling and him saying come in and take a seat sir!
I wonder if his counselling room has rooftop views? :hmmm
Look good on him for having a go I guess but doesn’t seem to have a strong self awareness. I do hope he does great things.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Billy Walker wrote:Josh Dugan seeking to be a role model….

So THATS why he breached covid protocols and was caught heading that way. He’s a good guy after all
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Guys I don't think we need to dedicate 3 pages to a Ravalawa debate. He's had one good game in first grade in three seasons.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:Guys I don't think we need to dedicate 3 pages to a Ravalawa debate. He's had one good game in first grade in three seasons.
One page per season… seems right
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Raiders cult hero Kurt Baptiste announces retirement

Over the weekend one of the Raiders' biggest fan favourites, Kurt Baptiste, quietly hung up the boots.

"I still have very good friends in Canberra," Baptiste said. "The 2016 season was a highlight of mine. It was my best season playing footy. Whenever anyone asks me who I go for, I tell them, 'Canberra'. It was special there. I miss the Raiders fans. I always received a lot of support from them when I was down there."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Yep loved Baptiste at Canberra. He bought a lot to the team off the bench. He turned the tide in a number of wins.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Very handy player was KBaptiste.

Enjoy retirement.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

greeneyed wrote: March 14, 2022, 5:51 pm Former Raiders cult hero Kurt Baptiste announces retirement

Over the weekend one of the Raiders' biggest fan favourites, Kurt Baptiste, quietly hung up the boots.

"I still have very good friends in Canberra," Baptiste said. "The 2016 season was a highlight of mine. It was my best season playing footy. Whenever anyone asks me who I go for, I tell them, 'Canberra'. It was special there. I miss the Raiders fans. I always received a lot of support from them when I was down there."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
The Gnome that knew his way around the paddock!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Blake Ferguson and Curtis Scott to play for Group 6 outfit Thirlmere Roosters: https://www.zerotackle.com/ferguson-set ... ub-115248/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:Blake Ferguson and Curtis Scott to play for Group 6 outfit Thirlmere Roosters: https://www.zerotackle.com/ferguson-set ... ub-115248/
Luckily I recently bought the bottle shop in Thirlmere. I’m going to be a millionaire with these two in town.

BTW Thirlmere police also announce they’re seeking new recruits to cover expected workload increases.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Apparently the Thirlmere Roosters Old Boys are experiencing resignations, as they’re dissatisfied with these recruits, but some members of the club love having Curtis and say he’s very popular down the pub.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c962fa54ae
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Where is that?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: March 24, 2022, 9:04 pm Where is that?
It’s in the proximity of Pheasant’s Nest on the Hume Highway.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

As they say ‘everyone deserves a twenty second chance’
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rod Jensen Leichhardt's latest Katter's Australian Party federal candidate: https://www.northqueenslandregister.com ... ate-in-nq/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:Rod Jensen Leichhardt's latest Katter's Australian Party federal candidate: https://www.northqueenslandregister.com ... ate-in-nq/
Rod Jensen has first hand experience in stuffing things up in Canberra. Therefore perfect candidate for the job.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Mal Meninga temporary coach of Bungendore womens Oz Tag team. Approx 10 week tenure.
I guess if he goes alright they might extend him.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Cranky Old Man wrote:Mal Meninga temporary coach of Bungendore womens Oz Tag team. Approx 10 week tenure.
Hopefully the big fella tempers his pre match speech from Origin days.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Cranky Old Man wrote:Mal Meninga temporary coach of Bungendore womens Oz Tag team. Approx 10 week tenure.
Went to majura park maccas with my sons one day, and they were playing in the play ground, and two other kids came in and started to play, one of them ran to the door and told their pop to come and watch them.

Could imagine my surprise when the great man him self walks in and stands there right next to me.

Ive never had to play it cool so much in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Raiders captain Terry Campese to open Burrito Bar and Smokin Burgers n' Ribs at Tuggeranong's South Point Shopping Centre

Former professional rugby league footballer and Canberra Raiders captain Terry Campese is set to launch the ACT's first ever Burrito Bar and Smokin Burgers n' Ribs in late April. Burrito Bar was voted number one Mexican in Queensland and Victoria in 2021, and Campese said he was "extremely excited to bring something new to Canberra". Smokin Burgers n' Ribs originally launched as one of the nation's first "virtual" restaurants, offering southern-style American cooking exclusively available via delivery partners.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14241
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Liam Knight poorly walking Jai Arrows dogs who then attacked another dog on Bondi Beach before Knight did a runner.

NRL star Jai Arrow has apologised after his beloved American staffordshire terrier, Thor, mauled a small dog on Bronte Beach: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... f60038f680
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Mitch Barnett has signed with the Warriors.

Barnett signs for three years from 2023

The New Zealand Warriors have added more power and experience to their pack for 2023 and beyond by securing Newcastle back rower Mitchell Barnett on a three-year contract from next season.

Barnett initially played for the Knights in the lower grades before joining Canberra in 2013 where he played for the club’s under-20 side before making his NRL debut late in the 2015 season. Predominantly playing for the Raiders’ feeder club Mounties, he was named the New South Wales Cup player of the year in 2015.

Read more: https://www.warriors.kiwi/news/2022/04/ ... from-2023/
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

JJ Collins signs with Dolphins
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »