Post by BJ »

Brett ‘Jimmy Saville’ Finch
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: Ex Raiders... where are they now?

Post by cat »

I'm still in shock about Finch

That kinda stuff is so yuck and on such a different level then dugan, Carney etc

I try not to critise the club, but I was disappointed to see Finch listed as a voting option for fans favourite team

I feel the club needs to distance themselves from him as much as possible, even parra deleted Hayne from their photo celebrating their milestone year
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: May 11, 2022, 10:49 pm I'm still in shock about Finch

That kinda stuff is so yuck and on such a different level then dugan, Carney etc

I try not to critise the club, but I was disappointed to see Finch listed as a voting option for fans favourite team

I feel the club needs to distance themselves from him as much as possible, even parra deleted Hayne from their photo celebrating their milestone year
I think the concept of innocent until proven guilty likely applies Cat. I imagine it would be inappropriate for the club to preempt any outcomes but agree the club needs to respond appropriately should the charges be proven.
Sthsea22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Sthsea22 »

Billy Walker wrote: May 11, 2022, 11:48 pm

I think the concept of innocent until proven guilty likely applies Cat. I imagine it would be inappropriate for the club to preempt any outcomes but agree the club needs to respond appropriately should the charges be proven.
He has been given 2 extra charges recently, that tell you more than enough that he is heading to gaol
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Agree about the concept of innocent until proven guilty but there were a lot of players not put up for voting so they could of quietly added someone else
Vaccinated
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

This is about the most heinous act known to mankind - beaten only by those involved in the content. Common sense is when someone has a standing charge they should have been left off the nominations. We're not talking about a Presidential Election here where there'd be legal considerations - it's the Raiders Fan Fave Team.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Edrick Lee signed with the Dolphins on a two year deal: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2022- ... 4b4bde82ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Dunamis Lui apparently replacing Lodge at the Warriors.

I highly doubt Lui would have pulled the diving incident to gain a penalty that the despicable Lodge did.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

BJ wrote:Dunamis Lui apparently replacing Lodge at the Warriors.

I highly doubt Lui would have pulled the diving incident to gain a penalty that the despicable Lodge did.
glad he's getting a pay, I was happy to move on from him but he's certainly got a lot to offer a team like the warriors with his off field leadership

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BJ wrote: May 21, 2022, 9:15 am Dunamis Lui apparently replacing Lodge at the Warriors.

So the Warriors would have lost then…
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Big Toddy Payten doing marvellous things with the cowboys.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Billy Walker wrote:
BJ wrote: May 21, 2022, 9:15 am Dunamis Lui apparently replacing Lodge at the Warriors.

So the Warriors would have lost then…
Your not factoring in an ex Raiders player having a night out against us with 2 tries and Dunamis kicking 3 conversions from the sideline.

So yes we lost by 20.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders captain Terry Campese has gone from footy to food, with the opening of Burrito Bar and Smokin Burgers n' Ribs in Tuggeranong: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... -now-open/
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Havili had an excellent game last night.

Bateman also playing in the Challenge cup last night. Might watch on kayo tomorrow.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2022, 5:12 pm Former Canberra Raiders captain Terry Campese has gone from footy to food, with the opening of Burrito Bar and Smokin Burgers n' Ribs in Tuggeranong: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... -now-open/
Didnt he have a Crust pizza franchise?

Maybe still has it?
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders junior Jonathon Reuben makes his NRL debut tonight for the Dragons at the age of 29.
Walter
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Walter »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders junior Jonathon Reuben makes his NRL debut tonight for the Dragons at the age of 29.
I just saw this on the NRL page what great news for him. I’ve said it before but I watched him carve it up one Sunday afternoon for the Bushrangers down at Greenway when he must have been 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Redcliffe Dolphins sign Brenko Lee

The Dolphins have announced the signing of Brenko Lee from the start of the 2023 season, further bolstering the club's outside backs.

Lee will join his cousin, Edrick Lee, as part of Wayne Bennett's side for 2023 as the club continues to build for its inaugural year in the NRL Premiership.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/01/27/202 ... nrl-clubs/
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Guys good enough to be an NRL starting centre. Hope he gets a good run at the Phins.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Former Canberra Raiders prop Paul Vaughan has confirmed a switch of clubs for 2023, with the Warrington Wolves officially announcing his move to the English Super League: https://www.zerotackle.com/veteran-prop ... 23-119347/
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

greeneyed wrote: June 23, 2022, 2:23 pm Former Canberra Raiders prop Paul Vaughan has confirmed a switch of clubs for 2023, with the Warrington Wolves officially announcing his move to the English Super League: https://www.zerotackle.com/veteran-prop ... 23-119347/
Smart move.

You can throw drinking parties over there without much consequence apparently.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

mick63 wrote: June 24, 2022, 2:05 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 23, 2022, 2:23 pm Former Canberra Raiders prop Paul Vaughan has confirmed a switch of clubs for 2023, with the Warrington Wolves officially announcing his move to the English Super League: https://www.zerotackle.com/veteran-prop ... 23-119347/
:roflmao :roflmao :clap: :clap:
Smart move.

You can throw drinking parties over there without much consequence apparently.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I always thought he looked extremely promising as an up and coming player. Never quite got the levels i thought he might but still 71 games is nothing to be sneezed at. Congrats to him on a fine career. Wish him all the best in life after footy
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

The reason Bateman ended up out of first grade was because he stopped doing what got him into first grade in the first place.

From memory he replaced Fensom because Fensom became such a liability and had more cons than pros to his game in his later years. Minimal metres, stupid penalties, got dominated in the tackle, basically just too small and slow.

Bateman came in, and despite also being small, just ran hard and tackled hard, and offered more upside than Fensom.

But for some reason he couldn’t maintain it, and basically just turned into Fensom in terms of being ineffective on both sides of the ball.

From memory he had a bit of a shot at the club not being loyal or something along those lines, but if he was any good he would have played more first grade at another club. Instead his career just withered away which is a shame.

Nice enough guy and I wish him all the best, but he didn’t achieve the heights he could have in my opinion.

I look at Ruben Cotter as a similar sized forward who is playing much more to his potential.

And no offence to Luke, but he’s probably the worst dummy half I’ve seen after that game where we lost both Hodgson and Baptiste to HIA I think? Kudos to him filling in there, but it still gives me nightmares.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Edrick Lee highest ever knights try scorer in a single match - 5 and counting
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Has Brett Finch been sent into the sun yet?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Justin Carney has signed with the Trangie Magpies for the 2022 season

The Trangie Magpies announced on Friday evening they had signed local boy Justin Carney for the 2022 season. Due to Trangie not having any junior rugby league clubs, Carney was playing for Nyngan during his teens before moving on to play with the Canberra Raiders.

Read more: https://www.dailyliberal.com.au/story/7 ... 22-season/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Finchy wrote:The reason Bateman ended up out of first grade was because he stopped doing what got him into first grade in the first place.

From memory he replaced Fensom because Fensom became such a liability and had more cons than pros to his game in his later years. Minimal metres, stupid penalties, got dominated in the tackle, basically just too small and slow.

Bateman came in, and despite also being small, just ran hard and tackled hard, and offered more upside than Fensom.

But for some reason he couldn’t maintain it, and basically just turned into Fensom in terms of being ineffective on both sides of the ball.

From memory he had a bit of a shot at the club not being loyal or something along those lines, but if he was any good he would have played more first grade at another club. Instead his career just withered away which is a shame.

Nice enough guy and I wish him all the best, but he didn’t achieve the heights he could have in my opinion.

I look at Ruben Cotter as a similar sized forward who is playing much more to his potential.

And no offence to Luke, but he’s probably the worst dummy half I’ve seen after that game where we lost both Hodgson and Baptiste to HIA I think? Kudos to him filling in there, but it still gives me nightmares.
From memory (ironically), Bateman suffered quite a series of concussions which basically led to the club having to let him go.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 4546eaf1eb

Dugan charged with drink driving again.

Wow he looks different 😳
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: July 7, 2022, 10:03 pm https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newsl ... 4546eaf1eb

Dugan charged with drink driving again.

Wow he looks different 😳
Can’t get past the paywall Cat but sounds like his ambitions of being a role model are temporarily stalled?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tigers target ex-Raiders star Bateman as Sheens gets creative with roster overhaul

The Wests Tigers have made an inquiry with Wigan about the prospect of bringing 2019 Dally M Backrower of the Year John Bateman back to the NRL in 2023.

In a move unrelated to Isaiah Papali’i having second thoughts about switching from Parramatta to Concord next year, Tigers director of football Tim Sheens has confirmed the club has made the approach. The catch is going to be Bateman is under contract with Wigan until at least the end of 2024 and for now the Warriors have blocked the Tigers move.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e0d913c264