The Television Thread

Discuss music, movies, TV shows and video games

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Television Thread

Post by greeneyed »

The more I think about The Gentlemen the better I liked it. Set up for a good second season at the very least!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

This is a niche one... and not really a recommendation as such unless you're a x-men nerd like i am but when i was a kid, i used to love watching the X-men annimated series in the mornings before school. I have great memories of sitting around with my Dad and watching it together.
New animated X-Men 97 series just released it's first two eps on Disney, it picks up immediately from where the series left off. My kids and i watched the old series together via Disney a few years ago, and last night i got to sit with them and watch the eps with them. Was really cool to have it come full circle now.

As for the series itself... i really liked it, but it has to be REALLLY bad for me to dislike anything X-Men. So if you love that **** like i do, give a whirl :lol:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’m dying to watch X-Men 97. It was my gateway to the X-Men story thanks to Cheez TV.

I’m planning to bank them up and potentially use them as my FuiBub feeding / burping show
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

FuiFui BradBrad wrote: March 21, 2024, 2:44 pm I’m dying to watch X-Men 97. It was my gateway to the X-Men story thanks to Cheez TV.

I’m planning to bank them up and potentially use them as my FuiBub feeding / burping show
I feel very confident in saying you'll enjoy it!
Really hits the nostalgia button
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Botman wrote:
FuiFui BradBrad wrote: March 21, 2024, 2:44 pm I’m dying to watch X-Men 97. It was my gateway to the X-Men story thanks to Cheez TV.

I feel very confident in saying you'll enjoy it!
Really hits the nostalgia button
Yeah nice, I didn’t realise the OG series was on Disney + either, so I’ll add them to the burping list
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Been binging the **** out of 3 Body Problem, a new netflix film based on the chinese novel
I really like it. It's got a pretty good cast and its a really interesting story
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

First book has been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get to it. Planning to read the trilogy first
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: March 25, 2024, 7:07 pm First book has been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to get to it. Planning to read the trilogy first
I kind of did this with Game of Thrones... i started watching the show, binged the first 4 seasons in about a month and then immediately speed read all the available books

After binging the first season in a few days, hot on my June birthday list will be the trilogy of books, which ill aim to read before season 2 comes :lol:
Very cool story and interesting stuff
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m really enjoying Mr Bates v the Post Office. An excellent British dramatised true story on 7 plus. Reminds me of Robodebt.

The streaming service plethora of adverts are ridiculous however.