LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Re: Drinking...

Post by LP Raider »

Greenbits wrote:
Begbie wrote:
T_R wrote:St Emilion Chateau Fombrauge 1996

Available at Dan Murphy's for $70 a bottle - first time I've seen it for less than a hundred. A lot of money for a bottle of wine, but if you owe yourself a treat pop a bottle of this with a nice piece of steak, particularly if you are a bit new to French wine and want to try something a bit special.

Wow, this was a good drop for the price.
Please mate, this is a rugby league forum.
Rosemount Shiraz. The big cask, not the little one. Best kept in the fridge and served over ice.
:roflmao
WorkChoice
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by bonehead »

I used to drink Hahn premium but its getting hard to find now, a lot of mates used to drink it too.
When tooheys Pils first came out my housemates and I got blind on it night in night out for weeks
Edrick The Entertainer
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Begbie wrote:

Available at Dan Murphy's for $70 a bottle - first time I've seen it for less than a hundred. A lot of money for a bottle of wine, but if you owe yourself a treat pop a bottle of this with a nice piece of steak, particularly if you are a bit new to French wine and want to try something a bit special.

Best drunk out of one of those hats with two cups attached to a long bendy straw.

Also, screw y'all. You all drop your spare change in the gambling thread - I like a bottle of red every once in a while.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

The Nickman wrote:We're not all gazillionaires, T_R
:lol: I reckon I'd spend a lot less on grog that you, Nick!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

T_R wrote:
Begbie wrote:

Best drunk out of one of those hats with two cups attached to a long bendy straw.

Also, screw y'all. You all drop your spare change in the gambling thread - I like a bottle of red every once in a while.
The wife loves red wine, and is obsessed with france. Next time i screw up, i think this could be the go :lol:
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Drinking...

Post by Please »

Currently drinking Vodka, Strawberry Daiquiri with a splash of lemonade. Going down a treat.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I lived in France four years. St Emilion is the best red wine in all of France for mine. Unfortunately, they don't send their best wines to Australia, really. Ausone or Cheval Blanc the top of the tree. Unaffordable here probably.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by bonehead »

I have a bottle of hanwood port on the go, 1 glass in my study and 1 in the kitchen as I'm wandering between the rooms lol
Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Pomerol is also outstandingly good.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I finish a working day with a couple of Dr Jurds jungle juices and have recently been taking a hipflask of it to work.
This place is woke.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Drinking...

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Begbie wrote:

oh, it's RED wine?? In that case, where do I sign up??
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:I lived in France four years. St Emilion is the best red wine in all of France for mine. Unfortunately, they don't send their best wines to Australia, really. Ausone or Cheval Blanc the top of the tree. Unaffordable here probably.
Best holidays of my life have been in St Emilion (and next door, in Pomerol). Superb wines and restaurants that we just can't come close to in Australia.

Sigh.

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote:
greeneyed wrote:I lived in France four years. St Emilion is the best red wine in all of France for mine. Unfortunately, they don't send their best wines to Australia, really. Ausone or Cheval Blanc the top of the tree. Unaffordable here probably.
Best holidays of my life have been in St Emilion (and next door, in Pomerol). Superb wines and restaurants that we just can't come close to in Australia.

Sigh.
Maybe we should all start making our own wine :hmmm

I think there is enough space on the roof of my work to grow some grapes and create a boutique drop.

Me and Nick will just plant the surplus crops around the pitch and putt course.
craigo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: josh papalli

Drinking...

Post by craigo »

LP Raider wrote:
craigo wrote:
LP Raider wrote:I'm starting to home brew.
I do a fair bit of home brewing myself what is it you like to make?
I made the Lager from the brew kit and will start a batch of Canadian Blonde or Mexican Cerveza on Saturday.

Really am a novice however I'm pretty excited in making my own beer, we have a guy at work who is a guru and I think everyone at the factory I work at has been to his house for a beer.

He pretty much has told me sterilise and temperature are the most important things.

I found plenty of recipes mixes with the coopers kit on customise your coopers on google, when I've made a few basics I'll try different them out.
I'm not the best home brewer but I like to think I no a little his advice is spot on and another way to improve your beers is buy a good yeast don't use the one supplied and use more malt than dextrose aussiehomebrewer is a good forum to have a look at a lot of good info on there.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by bonehead »

Working my way through a bottle of Cockburn's fine tawny, highly impressed for the $25- price tag
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Drinking...

Post by The Nickman »

Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:

Sigh.

I think there is enough space on the roof of my work to grow some grapes and create a boutique drop.

Classic Corey and Trevor...
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by Shezza »

The Nickman wrote:
Schifty wrote:
T_R wrote:

Sigh.

Classic Corey and Trevor...
:lol:
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Don't get me jealous Mick, it's not a pretty sight. Nickmans mine. MINE!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I have no idea what this post is in reference to, Begs!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

He'll claim he was drunk and "can't remember" :lol:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

haha - posted in the wrong thread.
tragic
Brett Mullins

Drinking...

Post by tragic »

For port, you can't go past Galway Pipe. Fantastic with a strong coffee and a slab of dark chocolate.
Raiders member no# 2278.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

After the heavy loss by the Raiders today, decided to crack open a Canadian blonde I brewed 5 weeks ago...surprisingly nice and a hint of Beez neez to it.

Would recommend this beer for the home brewer and once I've made Stella and Guinness will make another batch I think.
WorkChoice
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Maredsous 10 Tripel.

Why beer was invented in the first place.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I'm thinking of seriously reducing my drinking for the next several weeks at least.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

And I just bought shares in Dan Murphys :o
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Drinking...

Post by Captain Punish »

The Nickman wrote:I'm thinking of seriously reducing my drinking for the next several weeks at least.
Quitter!
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Worm wrote:
The Nickman wrote:I'm thinking of seriously reducing my drinking for the next several weeks at least.
Quitter!
I'll be back, and I'll be stronger than ever.

But after the last couple of weeks I've had I need to put my head down, focus on work a bit and just ease my foot off the accelerator for a while.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Drinking...

Post by Captain Punish »

The Nickman wrote:
Worm wrote:
Quitter!

But after the last couple of weeks I've had I need to put my head down, focus on work a bit and just ease my foot off the accelerator for a while.
Yeah fair call.. I tried a self imposed 5 point drinking ban once. I never got as far as jumping on cars in Goulburn, but I did set my testicles on fire.
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

:lol:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Drinking...

Post by The Nickman »

Worm wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Worm wrote:
Quitter!

Yeah fair call.. I tried a self imposed 5 point drinking ban once. I never got as far as jumping on cars in Goulburn, but I did set my testicles on fire.
probably burnt a gaping hole in your shorts as well.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Drinking...

Post by pickles »

Had a Paddo Pale Ale in Sydney last week and it was fantastic! Really hoppy aroma and flavour without being too much.

Sadly it can only be bought in Sydney so will have to find a clone to brew at home.
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by Albi »

Can you send me down the remaining contents of your beer fridge?
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Albi wrote:
There's one stubby of 3.5.

EDIT: Actually, no there isn't. I drank it on Saturday morning at 5.30 when I had to get ready for the airport after three hours sleep on the couch. Otherwise I would've been hungover.
Last edited by The Nickman on March 19, 2013, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Drinking...

Post by Albi »

The Nickman wrote:
Albi wrote:
There's one stubby of 3.5.
Express post?
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.