Michael or other lawyers rip this a new one please

The social club of The Greenhouse

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Hi guys I've mentioned a lunatic mate on facebook who believes any and all nutjob conspiracies, here's his latest, anyone able to rip it apart with hard evidence for me or is it accurate (doubtful with all the other crap of his I've pulled apart)

"
Australians SAY NO
8 hours ago · 
nearly 24 hours later after **** all sleep and searching for a needle in a haystack i finally found what i have been looking for...
1988 is when they changed it from common law of england to common law Australia , which is non existent and a mythical made up law.

LAW AND JUSTICE LEGISLATION AMENDMENT ACT 1988 No. 120 of 1988 - SECT 41

... Common law to govern
41. (1) Section 80 of the Principal Act is amended by omitting "common law of England" and substituting "common law in Australia".

(2) The amendment made by subsection (1) applies for the purposes of
proceedings instituted after the commencement of this section.

Conscious Entity.. the criminal code ACT 1995 is your Australian common law. without a referendum , highly illegal and designed to protect the very people who have committed these crimes. treason = death sentence , they abolished it to cover there ass.

Conscious Entity... English common law gives you rights , the criminal code act literally has no rights , non what so ever.

Conscious Entity.. Australia is a common law country, where the law made by the common people prevails over all other forms of law. the Australian constitution itself is common law because it was directly approved by and can only be altered by a referendum of the common people , ( Sect 128)"
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Michael or other lawyers rip this a new one please

Post by The Nickman »

You're probably best off posting this in the Gambling Thread or Michael won't see it...
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Yeah but in the gambling thread I'd miss the response with how quick that grows
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Righto - here's my comment after one minute of research.

The section is real. It replaces a reference in another act - the COMMONWEALTH PLACES (APPLICATION OF LAWS) ACT 1970. That act provides for some state laws to apply to commonwealth places.

He is wrong. We've always had our own common law. In a nutshell - common law is the law made by courts, relying on precedent. Historically our courts made decisions based on English decisions.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Sorry - to add, he says "the criminal code ACT 1995 is your Australian common law". That is statute law. That's wrong as well.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Shezza wrote:Sorry - to add, he says "the criminal code ACT 1995 is your Australian common law". That is statute law. That's wrong as well.
Is or is not?
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

It is not common law. That legislation is made by government - it is called statute law.

Common law is made by the courts through their decisions.

He's a lunatic - that's for sure.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

He just likes other pages with this crap without readin further or asking questions, 1 he liked a few weeks ago painted Libya as a great country and Gadaffi a great leader despite Libyans posting that all the "facts" they quoted were bs
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

My favourite Facebook one is when people post that this year a certain month has five Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and this only occurs once every eight hundred and something years. It's pure statistics, it'll happen every seven years.

People are idiots.
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

Manbush wrote:He just likes other pages with this crap without readin further or asking questions, 1 he liked a few weeks ago painted Libya as a great country and Gadaffi a great leader despite Libyans posting that all the "facts" they quoted were bs
I'm surprised you don't get along with him - nutjob theories are your MO.

Also, I only read that for about 30 secs, but Shezz is right. Common law is law that develops over time through the courts using precedent, statutes are an entirely different thing. The Criminal Code Act is NOT common law, and your mate is a mug.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

:lol:

I'll have to star sharing some of his other "facts" one was that if we become a republic we will be legally owned by the UN.

He's actually a good bloke but become a bit of a nutter since moved out bush
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

We definitely need a Crazy Conspiracy Theories Thread...
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Conspiracy theorists are a pet peeve of mine.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I've got a mate who's a conspiracy theorist. I love debunking some of his crackpot theories that he's "researched" on the Internet.

He was thoroughly disappointed when the world didn't end last year.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I like a good conspiracy theory (for a chuckle), but not a conspiracy theorist. They are just completely irrational. You can not reason with them no matter how logical your argument. No doubt there are conspiracy theorists out there claiming that the world did in fact end as the Mayans predicted, but that it's been covered up by the new world order and we are all sheeple.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

People who misuse the world "research" is a pet peeve too. To me research is spending large amounts of time in the library, lab or field, testing hypotheses and publishing either a project, article(s) and/or thesis at the end of it. Said publication is then critiqued by peers. Following a Google link to whale to isn't quite the same.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Or citing the one crackpot internet site or youtube video that supports your claim while simultaneously dismissing the several million that de-bunk it...
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Indeed. If you're in need of cheering up, go over to whale.to for a gander. Be sure to wear a hat fashioned out of tinfoil.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The conspiracy theorists will usually dwell on 1 or 2 bits of missing evidence in their opponents view while ignoring the 100s of flaws in theirs, much like creationists dwelling on the missing links.

You'd have loved Crusher/Vindicated Nickman, he was huge on conspiracy theories.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

one of my favourite things to do for a laugh is to track down articles written by PETA members.
I read one once where the particularly member, was championing the idea of sky scrappers being limited across america to only 5 stories because of how damaging the sky scrappers are for birds migration patterns or some ****
Albi
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Albi »

Manbush wrote:The conspiracy theorists will usually dwell on 1 or 2 bits of missing evidence in their opponents view while ignoring the 100s of flaws in theirs, much like creationists dwelling on the missing links.

You'd have loved Crusher/Vindicated Nickman, he was huge on conspiracy theories.
And much like your own criticism of global warming :hmmm
Canberra Raiders Bronze Member

Banner courtesy of the very talented, fistinz.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Watch how this rambling gun nut quickly turns into a foaming at the mouth conspiracy theorist.

Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

Manbush wrote:The conspiracy theorists will usually dwell on 1 or 2 bits of missing evidence in their opponents view while ignoring the 100s of flaws in theirs, much like creationists dwelling on the missing links.

that guy was a lun!
Please
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Please »

I find nothing mor amusing then the people saying 9/11 was planned by the American Government. They are crackpots.
Well, at least Jack got paid.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

He really ramps up the crazy in the second part:
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

You have to remember that guy is like a professional conspiracy theorist - that's his whole schtick. He rose to 'fame' with some **** theories post-9/11, and he's been riding the wave ever since. A 'normal' tv appearance would basically ruin him.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Never heard of him. So do you think he is actually crazy, or just pretending to cash in?
Michael
Mal Meninga

Post by Michael »

His entire living is based around rocking up on chat-shows/Fox news and acting like a lunatic. I've got no idea whether he's putting it on or not, but I'd argue that anyone who spends their entire professional life acting like a loon must be at least partly crazy. He seemed to genuinely believe the whole 9/11 'truth' thing, so he's probably nuts.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Luffty wrote:I find nothing mor amusing then the people saying 9/11 was planned by the American Government. They are crackpots.
You believe there is an American Goverment?

They are just a puppet for a group of secret world leaders that control everything from their base on the moon.

It's why nobody has gone back there, the camera equipment is vulnerable to hacking so people might see what they are not meant to and in the world of social media you couldn't stop the leak before everyone from Belgrade to Bundaberg had seen it.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Michael wrote:His entire living is based around rocking up on chat-shows/Fox news and acting like a lunatic. I've got no idea whether he's putting it on or not, but I'd argue that anyone who spends their entire professional life acting like a loon must be at least partly crazy. He seemed to genuinely believe the whole 9/11 'truth' thing, so he's probably nuts.
You are probably right. He'd have to buy into it at some level. Otherwise, how would he go out there frothing at the mouth, spurting that nonsense and yet manage to keep a straight face?
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

I'm about to publish my 1000 page missive which will provide indisputable evidence that the world is controlled by a shadowy cabal of Jewish bankers.

Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm pretty sure that that has been done Albi
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Albi wrote:I'm about to publish my 1000 page missive which will provide indisputable evidence that the world is controlled by a shadowy cabal of Jewish bankers.
And he was never heard from again...
Albi
David Furner

Post by Albi »

Anyone interested in a real laugh should look into the work of Lyndon LaRouche. He successfully combines all the best left and right wing conspiracies into a delightful pot pouri of craziness.
His acolytes exist in Australia as the innocuously named, Citizens electoral council. They turn up at most major political events. Grab one of their fliers for a quick chuckle

Manbush
Mal Meninga

Manbush's embarrassing moments.

Post by Manbush »

Albi wrote:

And much like your own criticism of global warming :hmmm
Mate on global warming I'm a sceptic, big difference I'm not saying ones wrong or right I'm questioning both, a better comparison would be you and weed :P
Last edited by Manbush on November 11, 2013, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.